PPCGeeks Forums HTC Arrive HTC HD2 HTC Thunderbolt HTC Touch Pro 2 HTC Evo 4G HTC Evo 3D Samsung Galaxy S II Motorola Droid X Apple iPhone Blackberry
Go Back   PPCGeeks > Windows Mobile > General Windows Mobile Discussions > Legacy WM Devices > Palm Treo 700W/WX
Register Community Search

Notices

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 10-23-2006, 09:58 AM
Lurker

djm1k0 is a n00b
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Bluetooth Issues Please Help !!

i have a sony vaio VGN-A250 windows xp sp2. my laptop has blue tooth built into it. i just purhcased a Treo700wx and i want to use the blue tooth to synch my info. however my treo doesn't recognize the lap top and vice verse. when i go to my device manger on my laptop i don't see bluetooth listed in there. when i try to connect it says something like bluetooth radio is not enabled.

there is a switch for my wireless and the switch is on and has been on. when i go to control panel and then go to bluetooth, i check the box that says turn discovery on. well when i click apply i get the following message:

Bluetooth Service Error:
an error occured while windows was saving your settings. the following settings were not saved.

discoverability settings
connection settings.

when i go to device manager i don't see anything relating to bluetooth so it seems as if something is missing. Like a plug in or a driver of some sorts.

help

thanks !
Old 10-23-2006, 05:52 PM
X Communicated User
Pocket PC: IPHONE 4
Carrier: Sprint

pzztgotbagz is halfway to VIP status based on reppzztgotbagz is halfway to VIP status based on reppzztgotbagz is halfway to VIP status based on reppzztgotbagz is halfway to VIP status based on reppzztgotbagz is halfway to VIP status based on reppzztgotbagz is halfway to VIP status based on reppzztgotbagz is halfway to VIP status based on reppzztgotbagz is halfway to VIP status based on reppzztgotbagz is halfway to VIP status based on reppzztgotbagz is halfway to VIP status based on reppzztgotbagz is halfway to VIP status based on rep
this is an issue with ur laptop not treo I would say contact sony and see if they can troubleshoot it for you.....
Old 10-26-2006, 07:15 PM
PPCGeeks Regular
Pocket PC: NA
Carrier: at&t

EnJaNir is a n00b
Send a message via AIM to EnJaNir Send a message via Yahoo to EnJaNir
First off sorry for the unformated messy text. I hate it when I read posts like this but it's been a long day and I'm lazy.

I'm assuming that your software will be similar...so try this

First off install activesync off the installation cd that came with your 700
-Sync your ppc with the cable so that a profile is created
-Goto Connection settings and check the box that says allow connections to one of the following: I used com 7 hit ok

-Goto your task manager if you have a green icon that says "LAN" click on it. This will open up yoru wireless device switch app. Click the box to enable bluetooth device. If you have a led on your notebook close to the battery/hd light it will not turn on.

-now on your ppc go to activesync. you should get some error message saying that no exisiting partnership exists. hit yes. you are now in your bluetooth settings. first go to the com ports tab. select new incoming port. I chose com 7 (make sure you choose the same as your chose on your notebook) and hit finish. now go to your devices tab and select new partnership. It will start scanning for bluetooth devices and if all is working properly find your notebook. Select it and continue. You will now need to enter a passkey on your 700. Enter the pass key, whatever you want just make something up but remember it. Hit next...a pop up window should appear on your notebook enter your pass key. The partnership settings will now appear on your ppc. Verify that activesync is checked and hit finish.

Now to sync via bluetooth just go to activesync on your ppc then menu then sync via bluetooth. Just remember to end the bluetooth session after it is finished to preserve battery life.

PPCGeeks > Windows Mobile > General Windows Mobile Discussions > Legacy WM Devices > Palm Treo 700W/WX