PPCGeeks Forums HTC Arrive HTC HD2 HTC Thunderbolt HTC Touch Pro 2 HTC Evo 4G HTC Evo 3D Samsung Galaxy S II Motorola Droid X Apple iPhone Blackberry
Go Back   PPCGeeks > Windows Mobile > General Windows Mobile Discussions > Legacy WM Devices > Palm Treo 700W/WX
Register Community Search

Notices

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 09-27-2007, 05:14 PM
PPCGeeks Regular
Pocket PC: Samsung Omnia i910
Carrier: Verizon

bentleysmom is just getting started
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Send a message via AIM to bentleysmom
Question Need to free up space

Hi everyone .... I've been getting messages that I need more storage memory on my Treo 700wx.

I've synched it to my desktop and am using Windows Explorer to drill into the Windows file folder on the devide. I was looking at the Messaging folder with a subset of Attachements.

Is it ok to delete the files in these folders?? Thanks for any info you can provide )
Old 09-27-2007, 05:18 PM
Coz-erator
Pocket PC: Sprint Galaxy Note 2 & other misc digital devices
Carrier: Sprint

CozBoogie can't get a higher reputation levelCozBoogie can't get a higher reputation levelCozBoogie can't get a higher reputation levelCozBoogie can't get a higher reputation levelCozBoogie can't get a higher reputation levelCozBoogie can't get a higher reputation levelCozBoogie can't get a higher reputation levelCozBoogie can't get a higher reputation levelCozBoogie can't get a higher reputation levelCozBoogie can't get a higher reputation levelCozBoogie can't get a higher reputation level
Mentioned: 2 Post(s)
Send a message via MSN to CozBoogie Send a message via Yahoo to CozBoogie
The first thing to do is get something like MemMaid or SKTools and clean out your internet temp files and cookies. Those add up damn fast. Secondly, if you have a bunch of pictures/movies consider moving those to your storage card. You can safely delete messages and their attachments (if you don't want them).

In general though I'd try to stay out of the Windows folder unless you're real comfortable poking around in there.

late,
Coz
Old 09-27-2007, 05:22 PM
PPCGeeks Regular
Threadstarter

Thank you!!
Old 09-27-2007, 05:22 PM
Coz-erator

CozBoogie can't get a higher reputation levelCozBoogie can't get a higher reputation levelCozBoogie can't get a higher reputation levelCozBoogie can't get a higher reputation levelCozBoogie can't get a higher reputation levelCozBoogie can't get a higher reputation levelCozBoogie can't get a higher reputation levelCozBoogie can't get a higher reputation levelCozBoogie can't get a higher reputation levelCozBoogie can't get a higher reputation levelCozBoogie can't get a higher reputation level
That'll be $35.

late,
Coz
Old 09-27-2007, 05:32 PM
PPCGeeks Regular
Threadstarter

If I had it, it would be yours!! But it looks like I need to use it buy one of these fine products. Would you recommend one over the other??
Old 09-27-2007, 05:40 PM
Coz-erator

I've used both. Right now I'm using the latest MemMaid. I think both offer fully functional trials. So you could download a trial and at least clean up your phone.

http://www.s-k-tools.com/

http://www.dinarsoft.com/ (MemMaid)

late,
Coz
Old 09-27-2007, 05:45 PM
PPCGeeks Regular
Threadstarter

Awesome! Thanks again!
Old 09-27-2007, 09:56 PM
Lurker
Pocket PC: Palm Pre

yougoteck is a n00b
Send a message via AIM to yougoteck
Making space

U can quickly get some space by emptying the temporary folders.

Windows>Profiles>Guest>Temporary Internet files>Content.IES>delete any folder by highlighting it and right soft key delete

U can't delete the index file, however. I do this about once per month, as I don't have too many apps but I read the papers every morning
Old 09-28-2007, 11:29 AM
Coz-erator

Quote:
Originally Posted by yougoteck View Post
U can quickly get some space by emptying the temporary folders.

Windows>Profiles>Guest>Temporary Internet files>Content.IES>delete any folder by highlighting it and right soft key delete
Thanks for the input. But MemMaid and SKTools make the process painless. It's as simple as hitting one button and everything (and I mean everything) can be cleaned up.

late,
Coz
Old 10-11-2007, 01:52 PM
Regular 'Geeker
Pocket PC: Moto Droid

JonV is keeping up the good workJonV is keeping up the good workJonV is keeping up the good work
FWIW, I was fighting storage problems. I picked up SK tools and it did help clean up the "internals" but I just wasn't determining where all my memory had gone. I was looking for a tool that would show memory usage by directory so I could see where it was all being used. I heard about and trialed MemMaid and it really helped. In addition to a cleaner, it has a nice storage usage took that gave me exactly what I needed. I quickly found what I should have known all along: my \Windows\Messaging directory was the culprit. Not only did I have attachments needing cleaning but my storage was being eaten alive my all the messages I had deleted over the months. Emptying my deleted items reclaimed all my missing storage. I went from 2MB up to 16MB like that!

PPCGeeks > Windows Mobile > General Windows Mobile Discussions > Legacy WM Devices > Palm Treo 700W/WX