PPCGeeks Forums HTC Arrive HTC HD2 HTC Thunderbolt HTC Touch Pro 2 HTC Evo 4G HTC Evo 3D Samsung Galaxy S II Motorola Droid X Apple iPhone Blackberry
Go Back   PPCGeeks > Windows Mobile > General Windows Mobile Discussions > Legacy WM Devices > Palm Treo 700W/WX

Notices

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 09-16-2007, 09:50 PM
Lurker
Pocket PC: 700wx

letthatsinkin is a n00b
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Annoying Windows Media/SD Card Problem.....

Hey guys,

I just bought a 2 gig SD card and have it in my treo 700wx... and I've noticed something annoying and didn't see anything on here about it. Every time I bring my phone back "on" instead of being on the today screen - windows media player is up with a box saying: "a storage card was inserted. do you want to search it for audio and video files?"

Im confused because its not like I JUST inserted the card, its been in there for a few days now. I thought maybe it was loose - so I took it out and put it back in and its still doing the same thing.

Any ideas??
Old 09-16-2007, 10:43 PM
Retired Staff
Pocket PC: iPhone 6+
Carrier: AT&T

JackSchitt28 is keeping up the good workJackSchitt28 is keeping up the good work
click yes and let it search for the files. mine does it from time to time, especially after i re-insert the memory card. make sure you close windows media player in the running programs list. a soft reset every so often helps as well. if this does'nt reolve your issue, then post again or pm me and we will get it stopped.

Old 09-18-2007, 04:47 PM
PPCGeeks Regular
Pocket PC: EVO 3D/Touch Pro 2/Touch Pro/Treo 700wx
Carrier: Sprint

jeffH70 is becoming a great contributor
As Jack said it is window media player on the running list when you wake up the phone. Please note that on WM phone, the x on the upper right corner does not end the program, it only minimizes it in the background. If you want it to truely kill the process, a couple of programs, such as Memmaid 2.0, spb pocket plus 3.2 can do it for you to kill the process at the default location. If you want a free one, get it HERE.

Jeff

Last edited by jeffH70; 09-18-2007 at 04:52 PM.

PPCGeeks > Windows Mobile > General Windows Mobile Discussions > Legacy WM Devices > Palm Treo 700W/WX