PPCGeeks Forums HTC Arrive HTC HD2 HTC Thunderbolt HTC Touch Pro 2 HTC Evo 4G HTC Evo 3D Samsung Galaxy S II Motorola Droid X Apple iPhone Blackberry
Go Back   PPCGeeks > Windows Mobile > General Windows Mobile Discussions > Legacy WM Devices > Palm Treo 700W/WX

Notices

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 09-13-2007, 12:15 PM
PPCGeeks Regular
Pocket PC: iPhone :)
Carrier: AT&T

Reako10 is a n00b
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Send a message via AIM to Reako10
Honestly, It's a close call.

I recently purchased the iPhone from running the treo for over a year. Regardless of what people say, this phone is VERY skinnable, retains possibility for 3rd party applications, and works flawlessly. I have never had to do a restore, or even a soft reset on this phone with all my extras added. Just throwing a honest opinion for those who wonder. BTW, I still love my treo. So sad.

Reako
Old 09-13-2007, 12:58 PM
Coz-erator
Pocket PC: Sprint Galaxy Note 2 & other misc digital devices
Carrier: Sprint

CozBoogie can't get a higher reputation levelCozBoogie can't get a higher reputation levelCozBoogie can't get a higher reputation levelCozBoogie can't get a higher reputation levelCozBoogie can't get a higher reputation levelCozBoogie can't get a higher reputation levelCozBoogie can't get a higher reputation levelCozBoogie can't get a higher reputation levelCozBoogie can't get a higher reputation levelCozBoogie can't get a higher reputation levelCozBoogie can't get a higher reputation level
Mentioned: 2 Post(s)
Send a message via MSN to CozBoogie Send a message via Yahoo to CozBoogie
Trader!

late,
Coz
Old 09-13-2007, 01:21 PM
PPCGeeks Regular
Threadstarter

Reako10 is a n00b
Of all the people to respond, I was certainly expecting you to be the first. lol

Reako
Old 09-13-2007, 02:19 PM
PPCGeeks Regular
Pocket PC: EVO 3D/Touch Pro 2/Touch Pro/Treo 700wx

jeffH70 is becoming a great contributor
Quote:
Originally Posted by Reako10 View Post
retains possibility for 3rd party applications, and works flawlessly. I have never had to do a restore, or even a soft reset on this phone with all my extras added. Just throwing a honest opinion for those who wonder.

Reako
I do not know iPhone let you have 3rd party software as of yet. If you run a hard reset on Treo phone to turn it into stock, you do not need to soft reset either. My coworker has a bare Treo and he only needs to software reset once a month as precaution with exchange email enabled. The need to reset in most of the time was caused by the 3rd party software and I think Apple knew that very well. =D>

Jeff

Last edited by jeffH70; 09-13-2007 at 02:22 PM.
Old 09-13-2007, 02:21 PM
Coz-erator
Pocket PC: Sprint Galaxy Note 2 & other misc digital devices

CozBoogie can't get a higher reputation levelCozBoogie can't get a higher reputation levelCozBoogie can't get a higher reputation levelCozBoogie can't get a higher reputation levelCozBoogie can't get a higher reputation levelCozBoogie can't get a higher reputation levelCozBoogie can't get a higher reputation levelCozBoogie can't get a higher reputation levelCozBoogie can't get a higher reputation levelCozBoogie can't get a higher reputation levelCozBoogie can't get a higher reputation level
Mentioned: 2 Post(s)
Send a message via MSN to CozBoogie Send a message via Yahoo to CozBoogie
Quote:
Of all the people to respond, I was certainly expecting you to be the first. lol

Reako
But of course Reako...I wouldn't want to let you down. And you know that I'm just giving you a bad time with that "trader" smack

late,
Coz
Old 09-13-2007, 08:17 PM
PPCGeeks Regular
Threadstarter

Reako10 is a n00b
True. Regardless, GO iPHONE!! and treo...lol

Jeff: Apple was completely unaware of 3rd party apps until lately. It seems they are nuetral on the subject, and hopefully will not cut them off with the next software update. The relevance I was suggesting was that the iPhone seems MUCH, MUCH more stable with 3rd party apps as compared to the tempered Treo.

Reako

Last edited by Reako10; 09-13-2007 at 08:19 PM.
Old 09-13-2007, 09:58 PM
Retired Staff
Pocket PC: iPhone 6+

JackSchitt28 is keeping up the good workJackSchitt28 is keeping up the good work
Quote:
True. Regardless, GO iPHONE!! and treo...lol

Jeff: Apple was completely unaware of 3rd party apps until lately. It seems they are nuetral on the subject, and hopefully will not cut them off with the next software update. The relevance I was suggesting was that the iPhone seems MUCH, MUCH more stable with 3rd party apps as compared to the tempered Treo.

Reako

thats because there are'nt as many apps out there for it as there is for windows mobile. give it some time and they will be all over the web, and the resets will follow.

Old 09-14-2007, 12:44 AM
PPCGeeks Regular
Pocket PC: Titan

h11013 is a n00b
how does it handle exchange and pop emails? i heard i shit the bed pretty bad
Old 09-14-2007, 02:49 AM
PPCGeeks Regular
Threadstarter

Reako10 is a n00b
That is a downfall. It does handle Gmail very well, so I just use Izymail to forward my MSN mail to Gmail, and then I just setup Gmail with me phone. Not to mention Gmail has a better spam mail collector so it works well in the long run. The best part about the 3rd party apps available for the iPhone is that all of them are installed via an Installer.app that is sent to the phone. Everytime you open the installer it analyzes the apps you have installed, and searches for an update. If there is one, it will ask if you would like to indeed update the software now, if not it just keeps it in an Update folder within the app. Completely surpasses windows mobile apps in which you need to consistently look for updates.

Reako
Old 09-14-2007, 10:39 AM
Retired Staff
Pocket PC: iPhone 6+

JackSchitt28 is keeping up the good workJackSchitt28 is keeping up the good work
Quote:
That is a downfall. It does handle Gmail very well, so I just use Izymail to forward my MSN mail to Gmail, and then I just setup Gmail with me phone. Not to mention Gmail has a better spam mail collector so it works well in the long run. The best part about the 3rd party apps available for the iPhone is that all of them are installed via an Installer.app that is sent to the phone. Everytime you open the installer it analyzes the apps you have installed, and searches for an update. If there is one, it will ask if you would like to indeed update the software now, if not it just keeps it in an Update folder within the app. Completely surpasses windows mobile apps in which you need to consistently look for updates.

Reako
thats a nice feature. a friend at work has an iphone, and i messed with it this morning, i gotta say, it is a nice little device. if i were on at&t or t mobile, i would get one for sure.

PPCGeeks > Windows Mobile > General Windows Mobile Discussions > Legacy WM Devices > Palm Treo 700W/WX