PPCGeeks Forums HTC Arrive HTC HD2 HTC Thunderbolt HTC Touch Pro 2 HTC Evo 4G HTC Evo 3D Samsung Galaxy S II Motorola Droid X Apple iPhone Blackberry
Go Back   PPCGeeks > Windows Mobile > General Windows Mobile Discussions > Legacy WM Devices > Palm Treo 700W/WX

Notices

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 10-08-2006, 10:05 PM
Lurker

chinoy885 is a n00b
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Send a message via AIM to chinoy885 Send a message via Yahoo to chinoy885
updating prl?

is there a way to manually update the treo700wx? i've tried the 6700 way and ##775# doesn't register with the treo.....

Enter these codes in the phone application, just like dialing a number
? ##786# - Phone Usage & Modem Master Reset (##RTN#)
? ##3282# - Data Provisioning (##DATA#)
? ##33284# Debug Menu, Signal Information, Network Monitor, etc (##DEBUG#)
. ##377# - Date of the last crash, the application running at the time, and the error message(##ERR#)

those are the only other codes I came across for the 700wx......
Old 10-08-2006, 11:05 PM
The Enforcer
Pocket PC: Samsung Epic 4G, ViewSonic gTablet, BB Bold 9650
Carrier: Sprint

Pibe38 is a VIPPibe38 is a VIPPibe38 is a VIPPibe38 is a VIPPibe38 is a VIPPibe38 is a VIPPibe38 is a VIPPibe38 is a VIPPibe38 is a VIPPibe38 is a VIPPibe38 is a VIP
Unfortunately at this time the code to access the option to manually update the PRL has not been discovered.

From personal experience though, the automatic system through Sprint OTA has worked very well with the 700wx.
Old 10-09-2006, 11:14 PM
Lurker
Threadstarter

chinoy885 is a n00b
hey pibe, can u tell me what prl are u running? and how do I get the automatic ota to pick my phone? thanx buddy....
Old 10-10-2006, 01:08 AM
The Enforcer

Pibe38 is a VIPPibe38 is a VIPPibe38 is a VIPPibe38 is a VIPPibe38 is a VIPPibe38 is a VIPPibe38 is a VIPPibe38 is a VIPPibe38 is a VIPPibe38 is a VIPPibe38 is a VIP
20224 is my PRL version. You can just call *2 and ask them to flag your phone for a PRL update. They'll do it, tell you to hang up and wait for a few minutes, and call back *2.

When you call *2 the system will recognize the flag and will tell you there's an update, it'll ask you to hold while it updates and then tell you the update is complete. After this is done, you should have your new PRL displayed on the Device info screen.
Old 10-11-2006, 08:55 PM
Lurker
Threadstarter

chinoy885 is a n00b
thanks a mil
Old 10-11-2006, 09:07 PM
The Voice of Reason
Pocket PC: PPC 6700/Touch Diamond/Touch Pro

Big D5 is halfway to VIP status based on repBig D5 is halfway to VIP status based on repBig D5 is halfway to VIP status based on repBig D5 is halfway to VIP status based on repBig D5 is halfway to VIP status based on repBig D5 is halfway to VIP status based on repBig D5 is halfway to VIP status based on repBig D5 is halfway to VIP status based on repBig D5 is halfway to VIP status based on repBig D5 is halfway to VIP status based on repBig D5 is halfway to VIP status based on rep
Quote:
Originally Posted by Pibe38
20224 is my PRL version. You can just call *2 and ask them to flag your phone for a PRL update. They'll do it, tell you to hang up and wait for a few minutes, and call back *2.

When you call *2 the system will recognize the flag and will tell you there's an update, it'll ask you to hold while it updates and then tell you the update is complete. After this is done, you should have your new PRL displayed on the Device info screen.
Thats how I got mine updated worked like a charm
“It is from numberless diverse acts of courage and belief that human history is shaped. Each time a man stands up for an ideal, or acts to improve the lot of others, or strikes out against injustice, he sends forth a tiny ripple of hope.”

Robert Kennedy

Ha y'all come visit me at WMExperts some time.
Old 10-13-2006, 10:09 AM
Regular 'Geeker
Pocket PC: HTC EVO

osva is keeping up the good workosva is keeping up the good workosva is keeping up the good work
Is this update worth?
I know its for preferred roaming list, but did you people notice any change or something?
Thanks
Old 10-14-2006, 05:17 PM
The Enforcer

Nope, but I am a freak that needs to be up to date in whatever things I have... hehehe
Old 10-15-2006, 02:34 AM
Moderator/WMExperts Staff
Pocket PC: Pure, TP2, Snap, Ozone, Intrepid,Treo Pro

Malatesta is still contributing even after becoming a VIPMalatesta is still contributing even after becoming a VIPMalatesta is still contributing even after becoming a VIPMalatesta is still contributing even after becoming a VIPMalatesta is still contributing even after becoming a VIPMalatesta is still contributing even after becoming a VIPMalatesta is still contributing even after becoming a VIPMalatesta is still contributing even after becoming a VIPMalatesta is still contributing even after becoming a VIPMalatesta is still contributing even after becoming a VIPMalatesta is still contributing even after becoming a VIP
Quote:
Originally Posted by osva
Is this update worth?
I know its for preferred roaming list, but did you people notice any change or something?
Thanks
depending on the market you in it may (I stress may) help in acquiring EvDO faster via HDR Channel selection.

it's one of those things where you can only gain by doing it and not loose anything, so why not?
Old 10-15-2006, 07:30 PM
Regular 'Geeker
Pocket PC: HTC EVO

osva is keeping up the good workosva is keeping up the good workosva is keeping up the good work
yeah Im asking because I dont know if this update apply to people in Puerto Rico. I think I need to call them.

PPCGeeks > Windows Mobile > General Windows Mobile Discussions > Legacy WM Devices > Palm Treo 700W/WX