PPCGeeks Forums HTC Arrive HTC HD2 HTC Thunderbolt HTC Touch Pro 2 HTC Evo 4G HTC Evo 3D Samsung Galaxy S II Motorola Droid X Apple iPhone Blackberry
Go Back   PPCGeeks > Windows Mobile > General Windows Mobile Discussions > Legacy WM Devices > Palm Treo 700W/WX

Notices

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 09-06-2007, 05:26 PM
Retired Staff
Pocket PC: iPhone 6+
Carrier: AT&T

JackSchitt28 is keeping up the good workJackSchitt28 is keeping up the good work
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Battery overheating and acting screwey

hey guys, just curious if anyone is having issues with their battery overheating, or saying it is fully charged when it is not. i found this problem after i did the 1.15 update. i had to have my phone replaced today because the update failed and messed the radio up, now, the new phone they gave me is either messing up or it is the updates fault. i have been googling for battery overheating with the treo but had no luck. i get an alert every so often saying the battery is too hot, and then when i do have it charging, it says it is at 100%, but when i unplug it, it is at 28% and it is staying that way. any help would be greatly appreciated.

Old 09-06-2007, 05:32 PM
Coz-erator
Pocket PC: Sprint Galaxy Note 2 & other misc digital devices
Carrier: Sprint

CozBoogie can't get a higher reputation levelCozBoogie can't get a higher reputation levelCozBoogie can't get a higher reputation levelCozBoogie can't get a higher reputation levelCozBoogie can't get a higher reputation levelCozBoogie can't get a higher reputation levelCozBoogie can't get a higher reputation levelCozBoogie can't get a higher reputation levelCozBoogie can't get a higher reputation levelCozBoogie can't get a higher reputation levelCozBoogie can't get a higher reputation level
Mentioned: 2 Post(s)
Send a message via MSN to CozBoogie Send a message via Yahoo to CozBoogie
Hey Jack I've done the update and have had zero problems since. However I have at times received the "your battery is too hot" message but this only comes when I'm charging the phone and doing some heavy browsing or playing media. Try a hard reset. After that jump back into your car and head to the Sprint store...you're looking at getting phone number 3.

late,
Coz
Old 09-06-2007, 05:35 PM
Retired Staff
Threadstarter

JackSchitt28 is keeping up the good workJackSchitt28 is keeping up the good work
Quote:
Originally Posted by cozboogie View Post
Hey Jack I've done the update and have had zero problems since. However I have at times received the "your battery is too hot" message but this only comes when I'm charging the phone and doing some heavy browsing or playing media. Try a hard reset. After that jump back into your car and head to the Sprint store...you're looking at getting phone number 3.

late,
Coz
yeah, i am about to go there for the second time today. it is sitting there idle telling me now for the 5th time that the battery is too hot. about to try my wifes battery real quick before i go and see if it does the same thing.
Old 09-06-2007, 05:49 PM
Coz-erator
Pocket PC: Sprint Galaxy Note 2 & other misc digital devices
Carrier: Sprint

CozBoogie can't get a higher reputation levelCozBoogie can't get a higher reputation levelCozBoogie can't get a higher reputation levelCozBoogie can't get a higher reputation levelCozBoogie can't get a higher reputation levelCozBoogie can't get a higher reputation levelCozBoogie can't get a higher reputation levelCozBoogie can't get a higher reputation levelCozBoogie can't get a higher reputation levelCozBoogie can't get a higher reputation levelCozBoogie can't get a higher reputation level
Mentioned: 2 Post(s)
Send a message via MSN to CozBoogie Send a message via Yahoo to CozBoogie
I'd be interested to know if your second phone had a brand new battery in it or did they swap out your old battery. Could just be that your old battery is reaching it's end.

late,
Coz
Old 09-06-2007, 06:02 PM
Retired Staff
Threadstarter

Quote:
Originally Posted by cozboogie View Post
I'd be interested to know if your second phone had a brand new battery in it or did they swap out your old battery. Could just be that your old battery is reaching it's end.

late,
Coz

nah i watched the guy, he brought the "new" phone out in a simple little white box, took my battery out and put it in the "new" phone. it had the clear static cling tape on the IR, screen, and camera just like a brand new phone, but i am thinking it is refurbished somehow. it probably got returned in the past cause it ate batteries. i swapped batteries with my wife, and neither got hot, and put my battery in the A/C vent to cool it off, now it is charging and has'nt gotten hot so far. it got hot for the first time at the end of that update, and maybe i just never gave it time to cool off. sprint store is open til 9:00 pm, so we shall see.
Old 09-06-2007, 09:59 PM
Retired Staff
Threadstarter

well it is still doing it, about 15 mins is all I can charge before it starts overheating. i got duty all weekend so it will be monday before i can get back to sprint.

update:
my wife took the phone to sprint today and they replaced it and everything is good so far.

Last edited by JackSchitt28; 09-08-2007 at 04:35 PM.

PPCGeeks > Windows Mobile > General Windows Mobile Discussions > Legacy WM Devices > Palm Treo 700W/WX