PPCGeeks Forums HTC Arrive HTC HD2 HTC Thunderbolt HTC Touch Pro 2 HTC Evo 4G HTC Evo 3D Samsung Galaxy S II Motorola Droid X Apple iPhone Blackberry
Go Back   PPCGeeks > Windows Mobile > General Windows Mobile Discussions > Legacy WM Devices > Palm Treo 700W/WX

Notices

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 10-07-2006, 02:42 AM
Lurker

chinoy885 is a n00b
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Send a message via AIM to chinoy885 Send a message via Yahoo to chinoy885
anyone else having problems with their text messages?

I've had my 700wx for about 3 days and do a fair amount of texting. I text to family and friends who have all the other major cell companies (tmobile, verizon, cingular). I send and recieve texts with other sprintusers just fine, but people who have tmobile and verizon can't recieve my texts?!? I never had this problem before the treo, coming from a 6700. I've seen on other boards where other 700wx users are complaining of the same problem, maybe its just a down server, maybe not... Anyone else seem to have this problem too?
Old 10-07-2006, 07:45 AM
The Voice of Reason
Pocket PC: PPC 6700/Touch Diamond/Touch Pro
Carrier: Sprint

Big D5 is halfway to VIP status based on repBig D5 is halfway to VIP status based on repBig D5 is halfway to VIP status based on repBig D5 is halfway to VIP status based on repBig D5 is halfway to VIP status based on repBig D5 is halfway to VIP status based on repBig D5 is halfway to VIP status based on repBig D5 is halfway to VIP status based on repBig D5 is halfway to VIP status based on repBig D5 is halfway to VIP status based on repBig D5 is halfway to VIP status based on rep
I text my boss a couple times a day, he is with Verison, I haven't had any problems recently. Its probably just a Sprint thing. I have had weird things happen like slow delivery and things not delivered at all, this has happened with other carriers as well as other Sprint users. Just speculating here but Sprint is still trying to get the REV-A network going and this could be causing some problems. Couple of weeks ago for a hole day every time I got a text from someone I got a duplicate.
“It is from numberless diverse acts of courage and belief that human history is shaped. Each time a man stands up for an ideal, or acts to improve the lot of others, or strikes out against injustice, he sends forth a tiny ripple of hope.”

Robert Kennedy

Ha y'all come visit me at WMExperts some time.
Old 10-07-2006, 10:47 AM
Lurker

polo_ka is a n00b
Re: anyone else having problems with their text messages?

Quote:
Originally Posted by chinoy885
I've had my 700wx for about 3 days and do a fair amount of texting. I text to family and friends who have all the other major cell companies (tmobile, verizon, cingular). I send and recieve texts with other sprintusers just fine, but people who have tmobile and verizon can't recieve my texts?!? I never had this problem before the treo, coming from a 6700. I've seen on other boards where other 700wx users are complaining of the same problem, maybe its just a down server, maybe not... Anyone else seem to have this problem too?
I am having the same problem with my treo also. When I text other sprint users, its okay but when I text another carrier they never get it. I called sprint and they said that it is a known issue and that they are working on it.
Old 10-07-2006, 11:32 AM
Moderator/WMExperts Staff
Pocket PC: Pure, TP2, Snap, Ozone, Intrepid,Treo Pro

Malatesta is still contributing even after becoming a VIPMalatesta is still contributing even after becoming a VIPMalatesta is still contributing even after becoming a VIPMalatesta is still contributing even after becoming a VIPMalatesta is still contributing even after becoming a VIPMalatesta is still contributing even after becoming a VIPMalatesta is still contributing even after becoming a VIPMalatesta is still contributing even after becoming a VIPMalatesta is still contributing even after becoming a VIPMalatesta is still contributing even after becoming a VIPMalatesta is still contributing even after becoming a VIP
I don't use SMS too much but when I do it's with Verizon and t-mobile--both always worked AFAIK.
Old 10-07-2006, 07:20 PM
Lurker
Threadstarter

chinoy885 is a n00b
well i wrote sprint an email and they said to call customer service. I called customer service and they said its the other companies network.. go figure... totally unacceptable...
Old 10-10-2006, 10:56 AM
PPCGeeks Regular
Pocket PC: iPhone 4
Carrier: at&t

PPC6700Man is just getting started
No it has nothing to do with anyone else.

IF YOU HAVE SPRINT... It's a nationwide problem with sprints network. Tech's are out working on the problem right now as we speak. This has been going on for about a month now, not as strong as it has been lately tho but it has been a *problem* going on for about one month so far...

It happens when sending messages to other carriers, and I think even sprint phones as well. But we can recieve messages just fine from other carriers.

Just sit tight, they are working on the issue right now. May I also suggest that if you dont have UNL. text messaging, you call *2 and talk to a CSR about getting some sort of credit on your account for the "lost" text messages that were sent but never recieved by the other person. This also may be a good time to talk to them about free Unl. text so you wont haft to keep calling back to get credits, and they wont haft to keep applying them.
www.ppcgeeks.com - PPC6700Man

Car Boards;
www.honda-tech.com - ..::91TEG-G2::..
www.nasioc.com - NM02WRX
Old 10-13-2006, 08:30 PM
PPCGeeks Regular
Pocket PC: Palm Pre

nitty917 is a n00b
I just had some really weird problem, just activated another line on my account with 700wx. I sent that new line a text last nite, and its been receiving the same freakin text over 100 times! I had to reprogram the phone and so far so good.
Old 10-13-2006, 09:37 PM
Regular 'Geeker
Pocket PC: HTC EVO

osva is keeping up the good workosva is keeping up the good workosva is keeping up the good work
I had no problems at all. I can text any carrier here in Puerto Rico.
Old 10-16-2006, 09:55 PM
Lurker
Threadstarter

chinoy885 is a n00b
1000pm eastern time... still cant text verizon and tmobile..... recieves fine..... still totally unacceptable....
Old 10-17-2006, 07:50 PM
Lurker

ctowery01 is a n00b
same thing with mine...I can't send texts to tmobile phones but haven't had any problems with any other carriers

PPCGeeks > Windows Mobile > General Windows Mobile Discussions > Legacy WM Devices > Palm Treo 700W/WX