PPCGeeks

PPCGeeks (http://forum.ppcgeeks.com/index.php)
-   Palm Treo 700W/WX (http://forum.ppcgeeks.com/forumdisplay.php?f=15)
-   -   anyone else having problems with their text messages? (http://forum.ppcgeeks.com/showthread.php?t=802)

chinoy885 10-07-2006 02:42 AM

anyone else having problems with their text messages?

I've had my 700wx for about 3 days and do a fair amount of texting. I text to family and friends who have all the other major cell companies (tmobile, verizon, cingular). I send and recieve texts with other sprintusers just fine, but people who have tmobile and verizon can't recieve my texts?!? I never had this problem before the treo, coming from a 6700. I've seen on other boards where other 700wx users are complaining of the same problem, maybe its just a down server, maybe not... Anyone else seem to have this problem too? :|

Big D5 10-07-2006 07:45 AM

I text my boss a couple times a day, he is with Verison, I haven't had any problems recently. Its probably just a Sprint thing. I have had weird things happen like slow delivery and things not delivered at all, this has happened with other carriers as well as other Sprint users. Just speculating here but Sprint is still trying to get the REV-A network going and this could be causing some problems. Couple of weeks ago for a hole day every time I got a text from someone I got a duplicate. 8)

polo_ka 10-07-2006 10:47 AM

Re: anyone else having problems with their text messages?

Quote:

Originally Posted by chinoy885
I've had my 700wx for about 3 days and do a fair amount of texting. I text to family and friends who have all the other major cell companies (tmobile, verizon, cingular). I send and recieve texts with other sprintusers just fine, but people who have tmobile and verizon can't recieve my texts?!? I never had this problem before the treo, coming from a 6700. I've seen on other boards where other 700wx users are complaining of the same problem, maybe its just a down server, maybe not... Anyone else seem to have this problem too? :|

I am having the same problem with my treo also. When I text other sprint users, its okay but when I text another carrier they never get it. I called sprint and they said that it is a known issue and that they are working on it.

Malatesta 10-07-2006 11:32 AM

I don't use SMS too much but when I do it's with Verizon and t-mobile--both always worked AFAIK.

chinoy885 10-07-2006 07:20 PM

well i wrote sprint an email and they said to call customer service. I called customer service and they said its the other companies network.. go figure... totally unacceptable...

PPC6700Man 10-10-2006 10:56 AM

No it has nothing to do with anyone else.

IF YOU HAVE SPRINT... It's a nationwide problem with sprints network. Tech's are out working on the problem right now as we speak. This has been going on for about a month now, not as strong as it has been lately tho but it has been a *problem* going on for about one month so far...

It happens when sending messages to other carriers, and I think even sprint phones as well. But we can recieve messages just fine from other carriers.

Just sit tight, they are working on the issue right now. May I also suggest that if you dont have UNL. text messaging, you call *2 and talk to a CSR about getting some sort of credit on your account for the "lost" text messages that were sent but never recieved by the other person. This also may be a good time to talk to them about free Unl. text so you wont haft to keep calling back to get credits, and they wont haft to keep applying them.

nitty917 10-13-2006 08:30 PM

I just had some really weird problem, just activated another line on my account with 700wx. I sent that new line a text last nite, and its been receiving the same freakin text over 100 times! I had to reprogram the phone and so far so good.

osva 10-13-2006 09:37 PM

I had no problems at all. I can text any carrier here in Puerto Rico.

chinoy885 10-16-2006 09:55 PM

1000pm eastern time... still cant text verizon and tmobile..... recieves fine..... still totally unacceptable.... :(

ctowery01 10-17-2006 07:50 PM

same thing with mine...I can't send texts to tmobile phones but haven't had any problems with any other carriers