PPCGeeks Forums HTC Arrive HTC HD2 HTC Thunderbolt HTC Touch Pro 2 HTC Evo 4G HTC Evo 3D Samsung Galaxy S II Motorola Droid X Apple iPhone Blackberry
Go Back   PPCGeeks > Windows Mobile > General Windows Mobile Discussions > Legacy WM Devices > Palm Treo 700W/WX
Register Community Search

Notices

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 10-02-2006, 08:35 AM
PPCGeeks Regular
Pocket PC: HTC Evo 4G
Carrier: Sprint

JAChavez99 is keeping up the good workJAChavez99 is keeping up the good work
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Help With Wi-Fi Card Please!!

So I just came off a Blackberry 7520 to a 6700 for a week, and now a 700wx. I missed the WiFi off the 6700, so I wanted to add it to the Treo. I just received a 'Just Mobile' Wi-Fi LAN card that I purchased off eBay (review here http://www.pocketnow.com/index.php?a...reviews&id=860) and am having a hell of a time getting it to work. I went through the process explained in the directions about a dozen times, doing soft resets after the installation, removing the drivers, reinstalling, soft reset, etc. etc. I even tried a hard reset, then installing, no luck. Everytime I put the card in I get the error "Unrecognized Card." Does anyone have any ideas? Thanks a lot beforehand, and great forum btw!
Old 10-02-2006, 02:06 PM
Lurker

fondoo is a n00b
Send a message via ICQ to fondoo Send a message via AIM to fondoo Send a message via MSN to fondoo Send a message via Yahoo to fondoo
i've tested socket e300 wifi sdio card and it was extremely buggy. i then went out and picked up a palm wifi sdio card, which was more stable and reliable. i sugguest you go out and pick one up. i picked one up at compusa for only $60.
Old 10-02-2006, 07:19 PM
Founder & Owner
Pocket PC: iPhone XS Max

Wideawake should be added to the payroll for their contributionsWideawake should be added to the payroll for their contributionsWideawake should be added to the payroll for their contributionsWideawake should be added to the payroll for their contributionsWideawake should be added to the payroll for their contributionsWideawake should be added to the payroll for their contributionsWideawake should be added to the payroll for their contributionsWideawake should be added to the payroll for their contributionsWideawake should be added to the payroll for their contributionsWideawake should be added to the payroll for their contributionsWideawake should be added to the payroll for their contributions
Mentioned: 8 Post(s)
Send a message via Skype™ to Wideawake
eek! that sux...from the vid I watched on the 700wx it looked plug and play but like the post above states tho sadly it may b the card...I dunno....I don't have a treo still got my 1st love my apache anyone got any ideas y he's having issues or using this card themselves?
~mike

Old 10-03-2006, 12:55 AM
PPCGeeks Regular
Threadstarter

Quote:
Originally Posted by Wideawake
eek! that sux...from the vid I watched on the 700wx it looked plug and play but like the post above states tho sadly it may b the card...I dunno....I don't have a treo still got my 1st love my apache anyone got any ideas y he's having issues or using this card themselves?
~mike
Yeah yeah rub it in my face! I just dropped the 6700 in the UPS mailbox back to Sprint, even though I only had it for a week I miss the old bugger...especially being in a no EvDo area!

Quote:
Originally Posted by fondoo
i've tested socket e300 wifi sdio card and it was extremely buggy. i then went out and picked up a palm wifi sdio card, which was more stable and reliable. i sugguest you go out and pick one up. i picked one up at compusa for only $60.
The only problem with the Palm card is that it is not g compatible, the brand I purchased seems to be one of the few that is. Not to mention it was less that $50 shipped!

There has to be a way to get this to work, I just need to determine if I have a defective card, or if it's a problem in the driver. Any help would be greatly appreciated, thanks!
Old 10-03-2006, 01:13 AM
N00b

dalexiou is a n00b
You could always try the

SPECTEC 802.11G SDIO WIRELESS WIFI WLAN SD CARD SDW-821

Just use that and search ebay.....I got one for like $40.00 shipped....it does both g and b.....driver installed easily and started working immediately.....doesn't stick out as much as the Palm card either. Let me know if you have any questions about it.

Dimitri
Old 10-03-2006, 01:20 AM
PPCGeeks Regular
Threadstarter

Thanks for the reply Dimitri, I was actually just looking at those on eBay. Can you confirmed that it's worked on a 700wx? I guess I could get a refund for my card and get it, but then I'd have to eat the $11 I paid for shipping!
Old 10-03-2006, 02:19 AM
N00b

dalexiou is a n00b
Yeah I can definately confrim the card works.....I have a 700wx and its the card I use when I need it.

Dimitri

PPCGeeks > Windows Mobile > General Windows Mobile Discussions > Legacy WM Devices > Palm Treo 700W/WX