PPCGeeks Forums HTC Arrive HTC HD2 HTC Thunderbolt HTC Touch Pro 2 HTC Evo 4G HTC Evo 3D Samsung Galaxy S II Motorola Droid X Apple iPhone Blackberry
Go Back   PPCGeeks > Windows Mobile > General Windows Mobile Discussions > Legacy WM Devices > Palm Treo 700W/WX

Notices

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 10-02-2006, 03:38 AM
Lurker

brightcell is a n00b
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
WMP plays only few seconds of each song

I am having a problem with Windows Media Player on my 700wx.
After loading songs with WMP (on PC), WMP Mobile plays 2-3 seconds of a song and then goes to the next one and so on.

I tried to format my SD card, copy and paste MP3s using a card reader (no WMP) and still have this problem.
I tested the card and it works perfectly on other devices.

I think that it may be a software issue on WM5 because I had the same problem with my PPC 6700.

Any ideas?
Old 10-02-2006, 08:54 AM
Retired Staff
Pocket PC: Motorola Photon & Bravo
Carrier: Sprint & AT&T PAYG

budney is halfway to VIP status based on repbudney is halfway to VIP status based on repbudney is halfway to VIP status based on repbudney is halfway to VIP status based on repbudney is halfway to VIP status based on repbudney is halfway to VIP status based on repbudney is halfway to VIP status based on repbudney is halfway to VIP status based on repbudney is halfway to VIP status based on rep
Send a message via Yahoo to budney
To me it sounds like their is something wrong with the card, capatibilty issue with phones. It also could be that the files are copy protected in a wat that WMP can't read them correctly. I would try a different card and then maybe rip a CD using WMP on your PC.
Old 10-02-2006, 02:10 PM
Lurker
Threadstarter

brightcell is a n00b
I tried different cards and the problem occurs only with my WM5 devices (no problem with my iPaq 4150).

None of my mp3s are protected and sometimes a soft reset of my wx fixes the problem.

Seems to be a problem with WMP ... maybe DRM or something like that.

Thanks for your help. I will continue researching.
Old 10-05-2006, 02:23 AM
Lurker
Threadstarter

brightcell is a n00b
Just an update...
After having problems with WMP and some weird low memory error messages, I figured that the problem was coming from a 3rd party app.
I did a hard reset and installed all my apps one by one and tested WMP everytime... the culprit app is OXIOS Memory.

I got rid of it and WMP is player perfectly now. I had some problem with the side button as well and everything is fine now.

Just my 2c
Old 10-05-2006, 02:31 AM
Founder & Owner
Pocket PC: iPhone XS Max
Carrier: Sprint

Wideawake should be added to the payroll for their contributionsWideawake should be added to the payroll for their contributionsWideawake should be added to the payroll for their contributionsWideawake should be added to the payroll for their contributionsWideawake should be added to the payroll for their contributionsWideawake should be added to the payroll for their contributionsWideawake should be added to the payroll for their contributionsWideawake should be added to the payroll for their contributionsWideawake should be added to the payroll for their contributionsWideawake should be added to the payroll for their contributionsWideawake should be added to the payroll for their contributions
Mentioned: 8 Post(s)
Send a message via Skype™ to Wideawake
yea normally some "badly" written programs will cause issues....glad u found out which one it was...this will for warn other users not to use this app thanks for updating us on this.

Old 10-05-2006, 03:24 AM
Moderator/WMExperts Staff
Pocket PC: Pure, TP2, Snap, Ozone, Intrepid,Treo Pro

Malatesta is still contributing even after becoming a VIPMalatesta is still contributing even after becoming a VIPMalatesta is still contributing even after becoming a VIPMalatesta is still contributing even after becoming a VIPMalatesta is still contributing even after becoming a VIPMalatesta is still contributing even after becoming a VIPMalatesta is still contributing even after becoming a VIPMalatesta is still contributing even after becoming a VIPMalatesta is still contributing even after becoming a VIPMalatesta is still contributing even after becoming a VIPMalatesta is still contributing even after becoming a VIP
Quote:
Originally Posted by brightcell
Just an update...
After having problems with WMP and some weird low memory error messages, I figured that the problem was coming from a 3rd party app.
I did a hard reset and installed all my apps one by one and tested WMP everytime... the culprit app is OXIOS Memory.

I got rid of it and WMP is player perfectly now. I had some problem with the side button as well and everything is fine now.

Just my 2c
One curious thing I immediately noticed with the 700wx when I got it: OXIOS Memory and even MemMaid Mem Reclaimer both resulted in NEGATIVE memory gains when I ran them

I was blown away by the fact that I was actually loosing RAM by running those apps so i uninstalled OXIOS and never ran SKTools or MemMaid RAM cleaners again.

This ties into what I think are Palm's changes in how memory is handled on the device. Very bizarre.
Old 10-05-2006, 07:12 AM
The Voice of Reason
Pocket PC: PPC 6700/Touch Diamond/Touch Pro

Big D5 is halfway to VIP status based on repBig D5 is halfway to VIP status based on repBig D5 is halfway to VIP status based on repBig D5 is halfway to VIP status based on repBig D5 is halfway to VIP status based on repBig D5 is halfway to VIP status based on repBig D5 is halfway to VIP status based on repBig D5 is halfway to VIP status based on repBig D5 is halfway to VIP status based on repBig D5 is halfway to VIP status based on repBig D5 is halfway to VIP status based on rep
Quote:
Originally Posted by Malatesta
Quote:
Just an update...

Just my 2c
One curious thing I immediately noticed with the 700wx when I got it: OXIOS Memory and even MemMaid Mem Reclaimer both resulted in NEGATIVE memory gains when I ran them

I was blown away by the fact that I was actually loosing RAM by running those apps so i uninstalled OXIOS and never ran SKTools or MemMaid RAM cleaners again.

This ties into what I think are Palm's changes in how memory is handled on the device. Very bizarre.

I run MemMaid on my 700wx every day and I always gain memory. Most is from IE cache, yesterday I gained 10 meg from IE alone. MemMaid has also helped in removing some dead connection from bad installs as well. It has been my experience that MemMaid works as well on my 700wx as it did on my 6700.
“It is from numberless diverse acts of courage and belief that human history is shaped. Each time a man stands up for an ideal, or acts to improve the lot of others, or strikes out against injustice, he sends forth a tiny ripple of hope.”

Robert Kennedy

Ha y'all come visit me at WMExperts some time.
Old 10-05-2006, 12:14 PM
Moderator/WMExperts Staff
Pocket PC: Pure, TP2, Snap, Ozone, Intrepid,Treo Pro

Malatesta is still contributing even after becoming a VIPMalatesta is still contributing even after becoming a VIPMalatesta is still contributing even after becoming a VIPMalatesta is still contributing even after becoming a VIPMalatesta is still contributing even after becoming a VIPMalatesta is still contributing even after becoming a VIPMalatesta is still contributing even after becoming a VIPMalatesta is still contributing even after becoming a VIPMalatesta is still contributing even after becoming a VIPMalatesta is still contributing even after becoming a VIPMalatesta is still contributing even after becoming a VIP
Quote:
Originally Posted by Big D5
Quote:
Originally Posted by Malatesta
Quote:
Just an update...

Just my 2c

I run MemMaid on my 700wx every day and I always gain memory. Most is from IE cache, yesterday I gained 10 meg from IE alone. MemMaid has also helped in removing some dead connection from bad installs as well. It has been my experience that MemMaid works as well on my 700wx as it did on my 6700.
No no, MemMaid the main application/quick clean is perfect.

That frees up Storage Memory, I'm talking about Program Memory

Specifically about the RAMReclaimer part (you should have had 3 icons installed: 1 MemMaid, 1 QuickClean and 1 ReclaimRAM).

The last one, ReclaimRAM is what I'm refering too. It's basically the same program as OXIOS and SKTools FreeUP RAM and is VERY different from the "cleaner" parts (RAM vs. ROM stuff). These programs basically:

* Send hibernation message
* Compact Heaps
* Imitate the "memory low" situation
* Close tasks

THESE processes (all or maybe just one) screw with the 700wx in non-beneficial ways. Normally they would increase your RAM (Program Memory) significantly without having to reboot which is what a lot of people do instead.
Old 10-05-2006, 10:37 PM
The Voice of Reason
Pocket PC: PPC 6700/Touch Diamond/Touch Pro

Big D5 is halfway to VIP status based on repBig D5 is halfway to VIP status based on repBig D5 is halfway to VIP status based on repBig D5 is halfway to VIP status based on repBig D5 is halfway to VIP status based on repBig D5 is halfway to VIP status based on repBig D5 is halfway to VIP status based on repBig D5 is halfway to VIP status based on repBig D5 is halfway to VIP status based on repBig D5 is halfway to VIP status based on repBig D5 is halfway to VIP status based on rep
Ok my bad I was reading in a hurry and didn't catch the meaning. You are correct and I have tested this today and I do concur with your findings. Glad I got that straight HAHA

PPCGeeks > Windows Mobile > General Windows Mobile Discussions > Legacy WM Devices > Palm Treo 700W/WX