PPCGeeks Forums HTC Arrive HTC HD2 HTC Thunderbolt HTC Touch Pro 2 HTC Evo 4G HTC Evo 3D Samsung Galaxy S II Motorola Droid X Apple iPhone Blackberry
Go Back   PPCGeeks > Windows Mobile > General Windows Mobile Discussions > Legacy WM Devices > Palm Treo 700W/WX

Notices

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 10-01-2006, 03:26 PM
Moderator/WMExperts Staff
Pocket PC: Pure, TP2, Snap, Ozone, Intrepid,Treo Pro
Carrier: Sprint

Malatesta is still contributing even after becoming a VIPMalatesta is still contributing even after becoming a VIPMalatesta is still contributing even after becoming a VIPMalatesta is still contributing even after becoming a VIPMalatesta is still contributing even after becoming a VIPMalatesta is still contributing even after becoming a VIPMalatesta is still contributing even after becoming a VIPMalatesta is still contributing even after becoming a VIPMalatesta is still contributing even after becoming a VIPMalatesta is still contributing even after becoming a VIPMalatesta is still contributing even after becoming a VIP
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Disabling Keyboard lights (work in progress)

Using RescoRadio and/or WMP, whenever I would "turn off the screen" (but keeps the device "on" to stream or play mp3s) the keyboard lights STAYED ON, which was really dumb.

Here are the reg keys to fix this as well as control all the KB lights behavior. Mabye this will be turned into an app by some nice programmer.

HKLM\System\CurrentControlSet\Control\Power\State

You'll see tons of folders, like BacklightOff, ColdReboot, On, etc.

In each folder, you'll find this:

kyl0 with a value of 4 or 0

4 = off
0 = on

This key \ScreenOff\kyl0 controls the KB lights behavior when the screen is turned off. Change it to 4 and soft-reset.
Old 10-02-2006, 03:49 AM
Lurker

brightcell is a n00b
Awesome... Thanks !

Changing kylo value to 4 in HKLM\System\CurrentControlSet\Control\Power\State\ ScreenOff works perfectly while turning off the screen in WMP.

Having a problem with WMP though... see my thread.
Old 10-04-2006, 10:31 AM
Lurker

polo_ka is a n00b
Re: Disabling Keyboard lights (work in progress)

Quote:
Originally Posted by Malatesta
Using RescoRadio and/or WMP, whenever I would "turn off the screen" (but keeps the device "on" to stream or play mp3s) the keyboard lights STAYED ON, which was really dumb.

Here are the reg keys to fix this as well as control all the KB lights behavior. Mabye this will be turned into an app by some nice programmer.

HKLM\System\CurrentControlSet\Control\Power\State

You'll see tons of folders, like BacklightOff, ColdReboot, On, etc.

In each folder, you'll find this:

kyl0 with a value of 4 or 0

4 = off
0 = on

This key \ScreenOff\kyl0 controls the KB lights behavior when the screen is turned off. Change it to 4 and soft-reset.

this hack dosent seem to work for phone alarm, because when i get an alert the screen stays off but the keyboard loght come on.
Old 10-04-2006, 12:53 PM
Moderator/WMExperts Staff
Pocket PC: Pure, TP2, Snap, Ozone, Intrepid,Treo Pro
Carrier: Sprint
Threadstarter

Malatesta is still contributing even after becoming a VIPMalatesta is still contributing even after becoming a VIPMalatesta is still contributing even after becoming a VIPMalatesta is still contributing even after becoming a VIPMalatesta is still contributing even after becoming a VIPMalatesta is still contributing even after becoming a VIPMalatesta is still contributing even after becoming a VIPMalatesta is still contributing even after becoming a VIPMalatesta is still contributing even after becoming a VIPMalatesta is still contributing even after becoming a VIPMalatesta is still contributing even after becoming a VIP
Re: Disabling Keyboard lights (work in progress)

Quote:
Originally Posted by polo_ka
[
this hack dosent seem to work for phone alarm, because when i get an alert the screen stays off but the keyboard loght come on.
Re-post from over at TC for others:

Hmmm, not sure what to say with this one as I haven't done a before/after with "disable backlight on alarms" with PA and this reg hack.

I can say when I just tried the "disable backlight on alarm" function and sent myself an email: backlight didn't come on, keyboard didn't light up and my LED starting to blink and vibrate. In other words all is working as it should even with this trick.

Have you gone back into the registry to make sure that the change took? You have to power off the device first (standby) and wait a couple of mins for the ROM to flush to RAM. If you just reset to quickly, you loose the change.

PPCGeeks > Windows Mobile > General Windows Mobile Discussions > Legacy WM Devices > Palm Treo 700W/WX