PPCGeeks Forums HTC Arrive HTC HD2 HTC Thunderbolt HTC Touch Pro 2 HTC Evo 4G HTC Evo 3D Samsung Galaxy S II Motorola Droid X Apple iPhone Blackberry
Go Back   PPCGeeks > Windows Mobile > General Windows Mobile Discussions > Legacy WM Devices > Palm Treo 700W/WX
Register Community Search

Notices

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 11-08-2006, 01:08 AM
Moderator/WMExperts Staff
Pocket PC: Pure, TP2, Snap, Ozone, Intrepid,Treo Pro
Carrier: Sprint
Threadstarter

Malatesta is still contributing even after becoming a VIPMalatesta is still contributing even after becoming a VIPMalatesta is still contributing even after becoming a VIPMalatesta is still contributing even after becoming a VIPMalatesta is still contributing even after becoming a VIPMalatesta is still contributing even after becoming a VIPMalatesta is still contributing even after becoming a VIPMalatesta is still contributing even after becoming a VIPMalatesta is still contributing even after becoming a VIPMalatesta is still contributing even after becoming a VIPMalatesta is still contributing even after becoming a VIP
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quote:
Originally Posted by Pibe38
Quote:
Originally Posted by MsTreoDiva
How about a tip to turn the LED Light on. One the 650 it blinked constantly. I need that back. Sometimes it gets lost in my purse and the light helps me find it.
I think that's not possible on the WX, but someone please correct me if I'm wrong.
Not w/out some very advanced hacking and to be honest, I think the majority of us prefer not to have a blinking LED, which is why Palm removed it
Old 11-08-2006, 02:14 AM
Retired Staff
Pocket PC: Motorola Photon & Bravo
Carrier: Sprint & AT&T PAYG

budney is halfway to VIP status based on repbudney is halfway to VIP status based on repbudney is halfway to VIP status based on repbudney is halfway to VIP status based on repbudney is halfway to VIP status based on repbudney is halfway to VIP status based on repbudney is halfway to VIP status based on repbudney is halfway to VIP status based on repbudney is halfway to VIP status based on rep
Send a message via Yahoo to budney
Yes, not having a strobe light next to your bed at night is a nice plus with the 700wx.
Old 11-08-2006, 09:41 AM
N00b

MsTreoDiva is a n00b
Well erryones preference is different and I prefer it. Is there a way to turn it on? I know it comes on with certain instances and on the Palm website it says its suppose to be on when you are in a sprint area.
Old 11-08-2006, 11:53 AM
Moderator/WMExperts Staff
Pocket PC: Pure, TP2, Snap, Ozone, Intrepid,Treo Pro
Threadstarter

Malatesta is still contributing even after becoming a VIPMalatesta is still contributing even after becoming a VIPMalatesta is still contributing even after becoming a VIPMalatesta is still contributing even after becoming a VIPMalatesta is still contributing even after becoming a VIPMalatesta is still contributing even after becoming a VIPMalatesta is still contributing even after becoming a VIPMalatesta is still contributing even after becoming a VIPMalatesta is still contributing even after becoming a VIPMalatesta is still contributing even after becoming a VIPMalatesta is still contributing even after becoming a VIP
If people need to continue posting on this topic re: LED, please go here:
http://ppcgeeks.com/led-light-on-the...1174.html#9625

so we can keep orderly. thanks.
Old 11-20-2006, 03:52 PM
The Voice of Reason
Pocket PC: PPC 6700/Touch Diamond/Touch Pro

Big D5 is halfway to VIP status based on repBig D5 is halfway to VIP status based on repBig D5 is halfway to VIP status based on repBig D5 is halfway to VIP status based on repBig D5 is halfway to VIP status based on repBig D5 is halfway to VIP status based on repBig D5 is halfway to VIP status based on repBig D5 is halfway to VIP status based on repBig D5 is halfway to VIP status based on repBig D5 is halfway to VIP status based on repBig D5 is halfway to VIP status based on rep
Just found this the other day, most will all ready know. If you open an email in outlook and toggle the D-pad right you move to the next email. Newest to oldest right, oldest to newest left. If you reach the end of the list it drops the page view and goes to the list view. Just thought I would share.
“It is from numberless diverse acts of courage and belief that human history is shaped. Each time a man stands up for an ideal, or acts to improve the lot of others, or strikes out against injustice, he sends forth a tiny ripple of hope.”

Robert Kennedy

Ha y'all come visit me at WMExperts some time.
Old 11-26-2006, 03:24 PM
PPCGeeks Regular

wouldya is a n00b
Mala,

is there a way to restore the palmvol.vol file once it has been deleted?

It seemed to me that deleting the file would clear the recent call popup, not eliminate it alltogether, but this is the case.

EDIT:
Soft reset restores the palmvol.vol.
Old 11-26-2006, 08:27 PM
The Enforcer
Pocket PC: Samsung Epic 4G, ViewSonic gTablet, BB Bold 9650

Pibe38 is a VIPPibe38 is a VIPPibe38 is a VIPPibe38 is a VIPPibe38 is a VIPPibe38 is a VIPPibe38 is a VIPPibe38 is a VIPPibe38 is a VIPPibe38 is a VIPPibe38 is a VIP
Quote:
Originally Posted by wouldya
EDIT:
Soft reset restores the palmvol.vol.
What you said

---
Don't forget to Search first!
Old 11-27-2006, 01:28 PM
Regular 'Geeker
Pocket PC: HTC Touch

Dinomon1 is becoming a great contributor
If you delete Palmvol.vol, then it'll be restored (blank version) once you do a soft reset.
Old 12-17-2006, 05:14 PM
Lurker

usernamer is a n00b
A little off topic, but. . .

This is a great post. I've been asking the same question all over the place regarding the key-guard of the 700wx and how it differs from the 700p. The 700p allows two options for disabling the touchscreen, one for during a call and the other for when incoming calls are received. This is listed on page 299 of the manual (http://www.palm.com/us/support/handb...psprint_UG.pdf)
Unfortunately, the 700wx only seems to have one option which is disabling the touchscreen during a call. Page 290 of the manual (http://www.palm.com/us/support/handb...xsprint_UG.pdf)
Is there any application that can be used to fix or work around this problem?
I keep on answering my Treo before I take it out of my holster and its driving me crazy, especially because outside of that I think this is one of the best phones on the market.

Thanks
Old 01-08-2007, 06:20 PM
PPCGeeks Regular
Pocket PC: Tour

nebula is keeping up the good worknebula is keeping up the good work
Send a message via AIM to nebula Send a message via MSN to nebula Send a message via Yahoo to nebula
Quote:
Originally Posted by budney
Yes, not having a strobe light next to your bed at night is a nice plus with the 700wx.

PPCGeeks > Windows Mobile > General Windows Mobile Discussions > Legacy WM Devices > Palm Treo 700W/WX