PPCGeeks Forums HTC Arrive HTC HD2 HTC Thunderbolt HTC Touch Pro 2 HTC Evo 4G HTC Evo 3D Samsung Galaxy S II Motorola Droid X Apple iPhone Blackberry
Go Back   PPCGeeks > Windows Mobile > General Windows Mobile Discussions > Legacy WM Devices > Palm Treo 700W/WX

Notices

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 06-27-2009, 03:31 PM
Halfway to VIP Status
Pocket PC: HTC Diamond & Treo 700wx / HTC Touch Pro
Carrier: TELUS / Verizon Wireless

Devileyezz is keeping up the good workDevileyezz is keeping up the good workDevileyezz is keeping up the good work
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Send a message via ICQ to Devileyezz
Treo shutting down and SPB MS3 closing

Hi,

I have two problems that I encountered with the Treo 700WX TELUS, the first is probably my lack of education on it.

The phone seems to randomly shut off. Yesterday, after a full charge about 2 hours later it shut off. And when I tried to switch it on by pressing the power button, it wouldn't switch on. So, I opened the battery cover and pressed the reset button to which it started booting. As soon as it did, it said battery is low and is going to suspend in 30 seconds (wtf? Full charge 2 hours ago!!). So, without soft resetting it wouldn't even switch on to show that message and if I plug in the charger, it still shuts off (and I know the chargr works). Don't all phones start working even when their battery is dead if we plug in the charger? Why doesn't this? Or do I need to work it in some different way.

The second thing is, I have SPB Mobile Shell 3.0.1 on it. Sometimes, actually most times, when I'm checking text messages or replying or something.. the SPB MS simply vanishes. And when I hit the windows keyboard button to bring it back up, it says shortcut invalid. I even checked "override start", yet the start button on the top left of the screen, it still opens the little start menu instead of launching the SPB MS launcher.

Also an FYI, there's a 4GB card in it. And the "available storage memory" is about 5MB. This phone is my wife's and it sucks that when I try to make stuff easy for her, it gets worse than it was before.

Any help would be gladly appreciated.
Old 07-02-2009, 02:59 PM
VIP Member
Pocket PC: Galaxy Note II
Carrier: Verizon

Geekcop is halfway to VIP status based on repGeekcop is halfway to VIP status based on repGeekcop is halfway to VIP status based on repGeekcop is halfway to VIP status based on repGeekcop is halfway to VIP status based on repGeekcop is halfway to VIP status based on repGeekcop is halfway to VIP status based on repGeekcop is halfway to VIP status based on repGeekcop is halfway to VIP status based on repGeekcop is halfway to VIP status based on rep
Send a message via MSN to Geekcop
Re: Treo shutting down and SPB MS3 closing

How old is the battery? May be time for a replacement. If you go that route, I'd suggest a high-cap battery. That was one of the 1st accessories I bought when I got my Treo 2 years ago. The issue regarding Mobile Shell may be related to the low amount of memory available. Have you run a clean up app lately?? I'd try that and then re-install Mobile Shell.

Old 07-02-2009, 03:58 PM
Halfway to VIP Status
Pocket PC: HTC Diamond & Treo 700wx / HTC Touch Pro
Carrier: TELUS / Verizon Wireless
Threadstarter

Devileyezz is keeping up the good workDevileyezz is keeping up the good workDevileyezz is keeping up the good work
Send a message via ICQ to Devileyezz
Re: Treo shutting down and SPB MS3 closing

Quote:
Originally Posted by Geekcop View Post
How old is the battery? May be time for a replacement. If you go that route, I'd suggest a high-cap battery. That was one of the 1st accessories I bought when I got my Treo 2 years ago. The issue regarding Mobile Shell may be related to the low amount of memory available. Have you run a clean up app lately?? I'd try that and then re-install Mobile Shell.
I run SKTools cleaner time and again, and no, the phone is actually just 2-3 months old!

PPCGeeks > Windows Mobile > General Windows Mobile Discussions > Legacy WM Devices > Palm Treo 700W/WX