PPCGeeks Forums HTC Arrive HTC HD2 HTC Thunderbolt HTC Touch Pro 2 HTC Evo 4G HTC Evo 3D Samsung Galaxy S II Motorola Droid X Apple iPhone Blackberry
Go Back   PPCGeeks > Windows Mobile > General Windows Mobile Discussions > Legacy WM Devices > Palm Treo 700W/WX

Notices

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 09-24-2006, 04:34 PM
Lurker

Robejazz is a n00b
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Smartskey

Hello All - Just joined this site - I also spend time over at Treocentral.

Is there any value to using smartskey on my Treo 700wx? I know I could just "try it out" but I figured I would ask if anyone has tried it.

By the way I come from a long line of POS devices - the latest being the 700p.

Thanks,

Robe
Old 09-25-2006, 08:07 PM
Moderator/WMExperts Staff
Pocket PC: Pure, TP2, Snap, Ozone, Intrepid,Treo Pro
Carrier: Sprint

Malatesta is still contributing even after becoming a VIPMalatesta is still contributing even after becoming a VIPMalatesta is still contributing even after becoming a VIPMalatesta is still contributing even after becoming a VIPMalatesta is still contributing even after becoming a VIPMalatesta is still contributing even after becoming a VIPMalatesta is still contributing even after becoming a VIPMalatesta is still contributing even after becoming a VIPMalatesta is still contributing even after becoming a VIPMalatesta is still contributing even after becoming a VIPMalatesta is still contributing even after becoming a VIP
Re: Smartskey

Quote:
Originally Posted by Robejazz
Hello All - Just joined this site - I also spend time over at Treocentral.

Is there any value to using smartskey on my Treo 700wx? I know I could just "try it out" but I figured I would ask if anyone has tried it.

By the way I come from a long line of POS devices - the latest being the 700p.

Thanks,

Robe
I'm pretty positive it doesn't work.

Another question though: why do you want it? e.g. what function are you looking to produce?
Old 09-26-2006, 12:05 AM
Lurker

brightcell is a n00b
What about closing an app. by holding the right soft key for ex. ?
I am thinking switching from my PPC6700 to the 700wx and I would like to use this feature.
Old 09-26-2006, 12:52 AM

Malatesta is still contributing even after becoming a VIPMalatesta is still contributing even after becoming a VIPMalatesta is still contributing even after becoming a VIPMalatesta is still contributing even after becoming a VIPMalatesta is still contributing even after becoming a VIPMalatesta is still contributing even after becoming a VIPMalatesta is still contributing even after becoming a VIPMalatesta is still contributing even after becoming a VIPMalatesta is still contributing even after becoming a VIPMalatesta is still contributing even after becoming a VIPMalatesta is still contributing even after becoming a VIP
Quote:
Originally Posted by brightcell
I am thinking switching from my PPC6700 to the 700wx and I would like to use this feature.
Your best bet is to part with $7 and use AE Button Plus, one of my top 5 apps. If you want to close an app via a softkey, you can do that easily.

It will allow you to assign up to 4 functions per button including the built in AE Task Manager, which allows you close any open app by just moving the D-Pad right.

Give it a trial run!
Old 09-26-2006, 11:20 AM
Lurker

brightcell is a n00b
Quote:
Originally Posted by Malatesta
Your best bet is to part with $7 and use AE Button Plus, one of my top 5 apps. If you want to close an app via a softkey, you can do that easily.

It will allow you to assign up to 4 functions per button including the built in AE Task Manager, which allows you close any open app by just moving the D-Pad right.

Give it a trial run!
Thanks Malatesta!
I remember trying that app. awhile ago and liked it.
If I get a 700wx, I will give it a try again.

Any idea why smartskey would not work on the 700wx?

BTW, great forum and very interesting info.
I joined after reading your Treo 700wx comparison review on another forum.
Old 09-26-2006, 12:43 PM

Quote:
Any idea why smartskey would not work on the 700wx?

BTW, great forum and very interesting info.
I joined after reading your Treo 700wx comparison review on another forum.
I think for two reasons:

one, the 700wx uses a Palm dialer not the standard WM5 dialing app so any smartskey settings for that just won't apply.

The other is possibly that Palm made lots of changes to the registry and so whatever this alters also does not apply.

OTOH, I haven't really played around with the app on the 700wx so maybe there are some things that can be done. But using AE Button Plus, I find little incentive to do so!

Glad you liked my review and Welcome!
Old 11-19-2006, 08:56 PM
Lurker

Stone`` is a n00b
Ok, before finding this post I installed Smartskey to try it. Now, even though I've uninstalled it, I still get a pop-up saying, "Can't find \My Documents\Smartskey.exe.

I've gone through the registry as well. Anyone know how to stop this annoyance?
Old 11-19-2006, 09:03 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Stone``
Ok, before finding this post I installed Smartskey to try it. Now, even though I've uninstalled it, I still get a pop-up saying, "Can't find \My Documents\Smartskey.exe.

I've gone through the registry as well. Anyone know how to stop this annoyance?
I'm 99% sure it is still listed under your system notifications.

Try running MemMaid or SkTools to try and find any dead or dangling notifications. Also, look under \Windows\Start Up.

I generally run MemMaid after every uninstall.
Old 11-20-2006, 01:04 AM
Lurker

Stone`` is a n00b
Thanks, looks like MemMaid did the trick. I had it installed but just never knew about that feature!
Old 12-28-2006, 03:01 PM
Lurker

saclark1 is a n00b
Quote:
Originally Posted by Malatesta
Quote:

Give it a trial run!
Malatesta, I have the 700W and have tried the trial version of AE Button Plus. My problem is that I am trying to assign my green phone button to single press and go to recently dialed number (default on 700W), but then assign the long press to go directly to dial pad (default is redial last number). I can set the long press, but cannot find how to set the single press to stay with the default 700W function. If I selct the single press asn"none" then the single press does nothing.There does not seem to be any help document on this app. Can you help?

PPCGeeks > Windows Mobile > General Windows Mobile Discussions > Legacy WM Devices > Palm Treo 700W/WX