PPCGeeks Forums HTC Arrive HTC HD2 HTC Thunderbolt HTC Touch Pro 2 HTC Evo 4G HTC Evo 3D Samsung Galaxy S II Motorola Droid X Apple iPhone Blackberry
Go Back   PPCGeeks > Windows Mobile > General Windows Mobile Discussions > Legacy WM Devices > Palm Treo 700W/WX
Register Community Search

Notices

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 08-12-2007, 07:57 PM
N00b

MsTreoDiva is a n00b
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Active Sync Error 0x85010014

Anyone ever have this error code? I know there is a better solution than me deleting Outlook 2007 and re-installing it.
Old 08-13-2007, 03:08 AM
PPCGeeks Regular
Pocket PC: iPhone :)
Carrier: AT&T

Reako10 is a n00b
Send a message via AIM to Reako10
No idea. Run a search on google. I found a few responses for tweaking the settings within activesync.

Reako
Old 07-23-2010, 04:53 AM
Lurker
Pocket PC: HTC
Carrier: Varies

snatr is a n00b
Thumbs up Re: Active Sync Error 0x85010014

I was getting this error when trying to sync with a 6.1 mobile and outlook office 2003. It would not sync the notes. I right-clicked Notes in the top left pane, and unchecked "Automatically generate Microsoft Exchange views". The notes then synced.
Old 07-26-2010, 03:43 AM
Lurker
Pocket PC: HTC
Carrier: Varies

snatr is a n00b
Lightbulb Re: Active Sync Error 0x85010014

I figured I have to post this somewhere, so I'm posting it here.
After being totally frustrated by trying to get my 6.1 phone to sync correctly with both my laptop and desktop, I ended up coming up with this solution.
I did some seaching for ways to syncronize my two machines on their own, instead of using my phone as the medium (Then I would only need to sync with one machine.). And for the most part, all I came across were paid programs that would get the job done. I knew that there must be a way to do it inside my home network. So here's what I did...

*Keep in mind that I'm running outlook 2003, and that I have a router setup with a home network established.

First I created a new account (office outook personal folders file .PST) through data file manager (on the file menu). When the dialog popped up to create the file, I created it in my shared docs folder from the desktop. Just be carful to name the file something special both in the create or open data dialog and the create microsoft personal folders dialog that comes up next. *I used "Shared Account" for both. When it's done, you should see the new file listed in the folder list with only deleted items, and search folders listed underneath.

Another way you could go about it would be to view or edit your existing email account (under tools) and click change, and then next, where you'll see an option of to direct mail from that account. You have the ability to create a new data file there, and it would do the same as above. Only now it should automatically add the inbox, contacts and all. If you did it through the data manager, you would just be adding the inbox stuff to the file now by directing mail to the account you created already. Either way you will want to direct your mail to the new account.

At this point it should tell you that it won't take effect until outlook is restarted.

One problem I have with doing it the second way, is how you would transfer your existing contacts, calendar, tasks, notes and any other folders to the new account. I believe you would have to manually select all of the info (list view) from each item under the original account and paste it into the new account sub sections (contacts, calendar, etc).

The method I would use would be to create the account from data manager so that the only sub sections were deleted items and search folders. and then *before directing the mail* right click each of the original account items in the folder list and choose copy, which will bring up a dialog for where to copy. Then select the new account.
I believe that now when you direct your email to the new account, outlook sees that the sub sections exist and doesn't create any new ones.

I was able to move all my original personal folder stuff (including sub mail and saved mail) this way.

I had to write this post because I was so thrilled with the ability to keep all my outlook info in sync with both my desktop, and laptop. Which is what I was hoping the phone would manage to do for me, but fell short.
I'm sure others would appreciate this.

One thing I might mention now, would be if you wanted to keep info that had built up on both machines in the same account, you would want to consider pasting the info from the second machine rather than using copy.

***Only one machine can be running Outlook at a time! And the desktop (in my case) has to be running, because the shared folder exists there.

I suppose if you crew something up, You could just use the data manager to delete the new account and start over. You would just have to direct your mail back to the original account first. Good luck!

PPCGeeks > Windows Mobile > General Windows Mobile Discussions > Legacy WM Devices > Palm Treo 700W/WX