PPCGeeks Forums HTC Arrive HTC HD2 HTC Thunderbolt HTC Touch Pro 2 HTC Evo 4G HTC Evo 3D Samsung Galaxy S II Motorola Droid X Apple iPhone Blackberry
Go Back   PPCGeeks > Windows Mobile > General Windows Mobile Discussions > Legacy WM Devices > Palm Treo 700W/WX

Notices

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 09-15-2006, 02:54 PM
Lurker

Archangel_Exil is a n00b
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Should I get a Treo 700w or a XV6700 PPC???

Hey guys, I've been thinking about upgrading my phone to either a XV6700 Pocket PC or a Treo 700w.

I did a little research but all of a sudden neither of these are looking very good... especially the Treo. It's gotten a few bad reviews and is said to be half as powerful as a regular PDA.

Thing is... I would get a regular PDA if it wasn't for the fact that I want the device to be a phone too.

I've spent at least 15 minutes with each of these at the mall a couple days ago. From what I've seen so far, niether are looking too bad, but reviews say other wise. Which is why I need more opinions.

What I intend to use it for is just to go on the internet, use it as a phone, use the notepads, for music, videos... etc.
Old 09-15-2006, 03:01 PM
Founder & Owner
Pocket PC: iPhone XS Max
Carrier: Sprint

Wideawake should be added to the payroll for their contributionsWideawake should be added to the payroll for their contributionsWideawake should be added to the payroll for their contributionsWideawake should be added to the payroll for their contributionsWideawake should be added to the payroll for their contributionsWideawake should be added to the payroll for their contributionsWideawake should be added to the payroll for their contributionsWideawake should be added to the payroll for their contributionsWideawake should be added to the payroll for their contributionsWideawake should be added to the payroll for their contributionsWideawake should be added to the payroll for their contributions
Mentioned: 8 Post(s)
Send a message via Skype™ to Wideawake
I would say it depends on the layout u like. But if I had to decide I would go with the 6700 simply because the 700w is about the same minus wifi slower processor and such. Now if u was with sprint then it would be a form issue as the 700wx has more memory. I personlly like my bigger screen and slide out keyboard as ived stated millions of times this is all imho. hope this helps alittle.
~mike

Old 09-15-2006, 03:26 PM
The Voice of Reason
Pocket PC: PPC 6700/Touch Diamond/Touch Pro

Big D5 is halfway to VIP status based on repBig D5 is halfway to VIP status based on repBig D5 is halfway to VIP status based on repBig D5 is halfway to VIP status based on repBig D5 is halfway to VIP status based on repBig D5 is halfway to VIP status based on repBig D5 is halfway to VIP status based on repBig D5 is halfway to VIP status based on repBig D5 is halfway to VIP status based on repBig D5 is halfway to VIP status based on repBig D5 is halfway to VIP status based on rep
get the 6700 on Verison or sprint. But the 700wx on Sprint is nice don't get the 700w from verison I have read some bad reviews about that phone this is all IMHO
“It is from numberless diverse acts of courage and belief that human history is shaped. Each time a man stands up for an ideal, or acts to improve the lot of others, or strikes out against injustice, he sends forth a tiny ripple of hope.”

Robert Kennedy

Ha y'all come visit me at WMExperts some time.
Old 09-15-2006, 06:23 PM
N00b

dalexiou is a n00b
As someone who had the 6700 and now has a 700wx with Sprint, it all comes down to preference. The 6700 is a great PDA....the phone is okay but not as good as the 700wx. The 6700 requires some work and patience, but once up and running it truly does everything. Presonally I like having the keyboard there and not sliding out, but again it is my preference. Your best bet is to go to a store and play with both of them and see which you like.
Old 09-15-2006, 07:36 PM
Founder & Owner
Pocket PC: iPhone XS Max

Wideawake should be added to the payroll for their contributionsWideawake should be added to the payroll for their contributionsWideawake should be added to the payroll for their contributionsWideawake should be added to the payroll for their contributionsWideawake should be added to the payroll for their contributionsWideawake should be added to the payroll for their contributionsWideawake should be added to the payroll for their contributionsWideawake should be added to the payroll for their contributionsWideawake should be added to the payroll for their contributionsWideawake should be added to the payroll for their contributionsWideawake should be added to the payroll for their contributions
Mentioned: 8 Post(s)
Send a message via Skype™ to Wideawake
hang on before u go throwing 700wx comments out there. he is with verzion and its the 700w not wx so theres a big difference here.
Old 09-16-2006, 12:04 AM
N00b

dalexiou is a n00b
Well that is true....te Verizon version has less memory.....I am simply speaking from my experience with Sprint's version which I mentioned in my post.
Old 09-16-2006, 10:02 AM
PPCGeeks Regular
Pocket PC: iPhone 4
Carrier: at&t

PPC6700Man is just getting started
Quote:
Originally Posted by dalexiou
As someone who had the 6700 and now has a 700wx with Sprint, it all comes down to preference. The 6700 is a great PDA....the phone is okay but not as good as the 700wx. The 6700 requires some work and patience, but once up and running it truly does everything. Presonally I like having the keyboard there and not sliding out, but again it is my preference. Your best bet is to go to a store and play with both of them and see which you like.
I'm coming from the same as you and feel the same about you. But my biggest reason for jumping ship was the size factor. How much easier the whole Treo phone feels in your pocket.

But back on topic...

Have you thought about switching to Sprint? I'm not sure of your current plan or contract but i'm sure Sprint after 30 or 60 days of being activated (eligable to start getting the freebie's sprint starts offering) that Sprint will beat what you're paying and getting from VZW. THEN! you'd get a good deal on a new 700wx and enjoy the more memory and enjoy the faster loading speeds and less slugishness that you get sometimes from the 6700.

Just a thought that you could switch. In some cases, if you factor the price of the pda you get from Sprint at the deal they give it to you, and factor in the ETF from VZW and look into the future with how much less (possibly) you'd be spending with Sprint, It'd be benificial to you to make the switch and sometimes alot cheaper than paying for the 700w from VZW.
www.ppcgeeks.com - PPC6700Man

Car Boards;
www.honda-tech.com - ..::91TEG-G2::..
www.nasioc.com - NM02WRX
Old 09-16-2006, 01:05 PM
Lurker
Threadstarter

Archangel_Exil is a n00b
Wish I can switch but I'm in a family plan.
Old 09-17-2006, 11:45 AM
PPCGeeks Regular
Pocket PC: iPhone
Carrier: AT&T

Bearxor is becoming a great contributor
Since you're stuck with Verizon, I would say no to the 700w.

I would say go with a Samsung i730 but that's just my opinion.
Old 09-18-2006, 02:50 PM
PPCGeeks Regular
Pocket PC: iPhone 4
Carrier: at&t

PPC6700Man is just getting started
Quote:
Originally Posted by Bearxor
Since you're stuck with Verizon, I would say no to the 700w.

I would say go with a Samsung i730 but that's just my opinion.
...There you go. Another great alternative!

PPCGeeks > Windows Mobile > General Windows Mobile Discussions > Legacy WM Devices > Palm Treo 700W/WX