PPCGeeks Forums HTC Arrive HTC HD2 HTC Thunderbolt HTC Touch Pro 2 HTC Evo 4G HTC Evo 3D Samsung Galaxy S II Motorola Droid X Apple iPhone Blackberry
Go Back   PPCGeeks > Windows Mobile > General Windows Mobile Discussions > Legacy WM Devices > Palm Treo 700W/WX
Register Community Search

Notices

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 09-17-2006, 11:14 PM
The Voice of Reason
Pocket PC: PPC 6700/Touch Diamond/Touch Pro
Carrier: Sprint

Big D5 is halfway to VIP status based on repBig D5 is halfway to VIP status based on repBig D5 is halfway to VIP status based on repBig D5 is halfway to VIP status based on repBig D5 is halfway to VIP status based on repBig D5 is halfway to VIP status based on repBig D5 is halfway to VIP status based on repBig D5 is halfway to VIP status based on repBig D5 is halfway to VIP status based on repBig D5 is halfway to VIP status based on repBig D5 is halfway to VIP status based on rep
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Palm 700 cases

Tell me about your cases. I have the leather case from Sprint it is made of lamb skin. This case has a flap that covers the front of the phone, and is held on by 2 snaps one on the top and one on the bottom so the flap can be completely removed. Comes with a swivel clip and has plastic that covers the qwerty. This case protects the phone very well. I give it a 8 out of 10.

Tell me, what case you are using

I was wondering dose the palm 700 phones have the same problem with magnets on the case that the 6700 had
“It is from numberless diverse acts of courage and belief that human history is shaped. Each time a man stands up for an ideal, or acts to improve the lot of others, or strikes out against injustice, he sends forth a tiny ripple of hope.”

Robert Kennedy

Ha y'all come visit me at WMExperts some time.
Old 09-18-2006, 01:44 AM
Moderator/WMExperts Staff
Pocket PC: Pure, TP2, Snap, Ozone, Intrepid,Treo Pro

Malatesta is still contributing even after becoming a VIPMalatesta is still contributing even after becoming a VIPMalatesta is still contributing even after becoming a VIPMalatesta is still contributing even after becoming a VIPMalatesta is still contributing even after becoming a VIPMalatesta is still contributing even after becoming a VIPMalatesta is still contributing even after becoming a VIPMalatesta is still contributing even after becoming a VIPMalatesta is still contributing even after becoming a VIPMalatesta is still contributing even after becoming a VIPMalatesta is still contributing even after becoming a VIP
I use the Covertec leather case:
http://shop.treonauts.com/content/ac...s/4-25--19.htm

Nothing too fancy but

--it's slim

--has a solid belt clip (no plastic swivel) that can still move

--easy to open/close

--looks sharp

Here's a good review/selection of the "best" from Andrew at Treonauts:
http://blog.treonauts.com/2006/09/the_case_for_a_.html
Old 09-18-2006, 02:58 PM
PPCGeeks Regular
Pocket PC: iPhone
Carrier: AT&T

Bearxor is becoming a great contributor
Currently, I'm using my 6600 case. I'm lame, I know.

I plan on buying the Seidio Crystal Case + Holster + 2400mah battery + replacement battery cover with reset hole.. Just a matter of time now.
Old 09-20-2006, 01:02 PM
PPCGeeks Regular
Pocket PC: iPhone 4
Carrier: at&t

PPC6700Man is just getting started
I dont like the horzontal cases. That was one big problem I had with the 6700 is for the functionality of the phone, it almost required a horzontal holster. I dont like the balkiness of it.

I want to find a nice case that has the cut out for the buttons but the screen is covered. Has access to all the outside features for the exception of the battery cover. And has a solid clip, not a swivel.

Can anyone recomend me anything or direct me something? TIA
www.ppcgeeks.com - PPC6700Man

Car Boards;
www.honda-tech.com - ..::91TEG-G2::..
www.nasioc.com - NM02WRX
Old 09-20-2006, 01:24 PM
Moderator/WMExperts Staff
Pocket PC: Pure, TP2, Snap, Ozone, Intrepid,Treo Pro

Malatesta is still contributing even after becoming a VIPMalatesta is still contributing even after becoming a VIPMalatesta is still contributing even after becoming a VIPMalatesta is still contributing even after becoming a VIPMalatesta is still contributing even after becoming a VIPMalatesta is still contributing even after becoming a VIPMalatesta is still contributing even after becoming a VIPMalatesta is still contributing even after becoming a VIPMalatesta is still contributing even after becoming a VIPMalatesta is still contributing even after becoming a VIPMalatesta is still contributing even after becoming a VIP
AFAIK, there are no cases that are basically holsters/skins but with a non-swivel clip.

They all have that. So when you sit down you don't stab your leg
Old 10-06-2006, 10:27 AM
Lurker

jmatteau is a n00b
I have the Sena verticle pouch. The belt clip does swivel which was an added plus that they do not advertise. Overall, I like it. I'd give it a 8 out of 10.[/img]
Old 10-06-2006, 09:54 PM
Retired Staff
Pocket PC: Motorola Photon & Bravo
Carrier: Sprint & AT&T PAYG

budney is halfway to VIP status based on repbudney is halfway to VIP status based on repbudney is halfway to VIP status based on repbudney is halfway to VIP status based on repbudney is halfway to VIP status based on repbudney is halfway to VIP status based on repbudney is halfway to VIP status based on repbudney is halfway to VIP status based on repbudney is halfway to VIP status based on rep
Send a message via Yahoo to budney
I just picked up a Body Glove Rhythm Pouch for my wx. Found it on eBay for $23 w/ shipping. It protects the phone very well, and looks great. The negatives for me is that thr headset/handsfree port is partly covered, and the rachetting belt clip rachetts too easly IMO.

http://store.treocentral.com/content...-120--1158.htm
Old 10-06-2006, 10:25 PM
Lurker
Pocket PC: HTC EVO

D1G1T4L is a n00b
Palm leather side case. It holds my Treo nice and snug with the PalmFlexi skin. Not sure how well I would like it without the skin. Might be a bit too big. It has a nice tight belt clip and all leather.

Wasn't too picky when I got it just as long as I felt it secured my Treo on my side and didn't look too crazy.
Old 10-06-2006, 10:41 PM
The Voice of Reason
Pocket PC: PPC 6700/Touch Diamond/Touch Pro
Threadstarter

Big D5 is halfway to VIP status based on repBig D5 is halfway to VIP status based on repBig D5 is halfway to VIP status based on repBig D5 is halfway to VIP status based on repBig D5 is halfway to VIP status based on repBig D5 is halfway to VIP status based on repBig D5 is halfway to VIP status based on repBig D5 is halfway to VIP status based on repBig D5 is halfway to VIP status based on repBig D5 is halfway to VIP status based on repBig D5 is halfway to VIP status based on rep
I got this one for work. This case provides the best possible coverage for my treo and it works. I do have some issues with the D-Pad being a little hard to use, I find it hard to hit the correct part of the directionals at times. For work not play I give it an 8.5 out of ten. Check it out HERE

EDIT: The belt clip rocks
Old 10-17-2006, 06:55 PM
Regular 'Geeker
Pocket PC: HTC EVO

osva is keeping up the good workosva is keeping up the good workosva is keeping up the good work
Ok here is my question.. I cant find an answer..
Does anyone know how the h**l I open the seidio crystal case...
Its killing my fingers
lol

PPCGeeks > Windows Mobile > General Windows Mobile Discussions > Legacy WM Devices > Palm Treo 700W/WX