PPCGeeks Forums HTC Arrive HTC HD2 HTC Thunderbolt HTC Touch Pro 2 HTC Evo 4G HTC Evo 3D Samsung Galaxy S II Motorola Droid X Apple iPhone Blackberry
Go Back   PPCGeeks > Windows Mobile > General Windows Mobile Discussions > Legacy WM Devices > Palm Treo 700W/WX

Notices

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 09-17-2006, 01:08 AM
Moderator/WMExperts Staff
Pocket PC: Pure, TP2, Snap, Ozone, Intrepid,Treo Pro
Carrier: Sprint

Malatesta is still contributing even after becoming a VIPMalatesta is still contributing even after becoming a VIPMalatesta is still contributing even after becoming a VIPMalatesta is still contributing even after becoming a VIPMalatesta is still contributing even after becoming a VIPMalatesta is still contributing even after becoming a VIPMalatesta is still contributing even after becoming a VIPMalatesta is still contributing even after becoming a VIPMalatesta is still contributing even after becoming a VIPMalatesta is still contributing even after becoming a VIPMalatesta is still contributing even after becoming a VIP
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Deleting Call History (Green Button list)

I've seen quite a few requests for this around the boards so JIK, here you go.

This is for the Last Call History when you press the Green Phone Button, not the Call log which can be manually deleted.

From finkman8 at SU:

"...if you want to delete the temp call history not the call log but the temp history were you push the green phone key and it stores recent calls.you go into your files under programs and delete the palmvol file.it will stay that way until u do a soft reset.just in case anyone wants to know."
Old 09-17-2006, 11:42 AM
PPCGeeks Regular
Pocket PC: iPhone
Carrier: AT&T

Bearxor is becoming a great contributor
I saw that over there...

I hate that popup menu (or maybe I haven't gotten used to it yet) and I'm tempted to try and write something that I could put in \Windows\Startup to automatically do this on a soft reset. That way, each soft reset it would clear out old entries.
Old 09-17-2006, 01:34 PM
Threadstarter

Malatesta is still contributing even after becoming a VIPMalatesta is still contributing even after becoming a VIPMalatesta is still contributing even after becoming a VIPMalatesta is still contributing even after becoming a VIPMalatesta is still contributing even after becoming a VIPMalatesta is still contributing even after becoming a VIPMalatesta is still contributing even after becoming a VIPMalatesta is still contributing even after becoming a VIPMalatesta is still contributing even after becoming a VIPMalatesta is still contributing even after becoming a VIPMalatesta is still contributing even after becoming a VIP
Quote:
Originally Posted by Bearxor
I saw that over there...

I hate that popup menu (or maybe I haven't gotten used to it yet) and I'm tempted to try and write something that I could put in \Windows\Startup to automatically do this on a soft reset. That way, each soft reset it would clear out old entries.
if you really hate it, no reason why you couldn't use something like AE Button Plus to remap the phone button to go directly to the dial pad instead. I've done it myself.

You'll want to map it do "PhoneDialer.exe" under \windows.
Old 09-17-2006, 02:59 PM
PPCGeeks Regular

I don't actually want it to go to the phone pad. I don't see any reason to even use the phone pad on the 700wx unless you need to dial a number with letters. I actually like that when you press it, it takes you to the today screen and I like that when you press it, it brings up a small pop-up menu allowing you to choose the Dial Pad and the Call Log, I just don't like the redial option. I don't make very many voice calls and I do not often need to redial numbers. How many calls does it hold before it recycles. Mine shows four and if it stays at that number I'll be able to live with it. What I did just notice is that when you do press it the selection menu jumps up to the top of the numbers, meaning it does not take that many presses to select the dial pad or call log. I'm certain if it was a HTC phone it would make you start all the way at the bottom. It's small touches like this that just make the Treo a pleasure to use.
Old 09-17-2006, 06:08 PM
Threadstarter

Quote:
I actually like that when you press it, it takes you to the today screen...
My god, I missed that part....! I was wondering how you quickly minimize the apps on there.

See and everyone thought I was such the expert...the emperor has no clothes!
Old 09-17-2006, 06:31 PM
PPCGeeks Regular

It's caused me a bit of a learning curve because I'm used to pressing the end key to go to the today screen and, of course, on the Treo, it puts it into sleep mode.

That and holding down the center button make two today right?

EDIT: Not only is the end button thing making me have to re-learn stuff, I also keep reaching my fingertip to the top right corner to turn the thing on and off
Old 09-17-2006, 08:24 PM
Threadstarter

Re: the red key. that's what I was expecting/used to on the 6700. It just doesn't make sense really for it to be the green button. GTK though.

and yes, that's two. sometimes its the most obvious things we miss.

PPCGeeks > Windows Mobile > General Windows Mobile Discussions > Legacy WM Devices > Palm Treo 700W/WX