PPCGeeks Forums HTC Arrive HTC HD2 HTC Thunderbolt HTC Touch Pro 2 HTC Evo 4G HTC Evo 3D Samsung Galaxy S II Motorola Droid X Apple iPhone Blackberry
Go Back   PPCGeeks > Windows Mobile > General Windows Mobile Discussions > Legacy WM Devices > Palm Treo 700W/WX

Notices

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 09-16-2006, 11:50 PM
The Voice of Reason
Pocket PC: PPC 6700/Touch Diamond/Touch Pro
Carrier: Sprint

Big D5 is halfway to VIP status based on repBig D5 is halfway to VIP status based on repBig D5 is halfway to VIP status based on repBig D5 is halfway to VIP status based on repBig D5 is halfway to VIP status based on repBig D5 is halfway to VIP status based on repBig D5 is halfway to VIP status based on repBig D5 is halfway to VIP status based on repBig D5 is halfway to VIP status based on repBig D5 is halfway to VIP status based on repBig D5 is halfway to VIP status based on rep
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
My story and initial review

I final got my 700 wx from Sprint, it arrived at my house about 20 hrs after I left on a business trip. I had my wife send it to me FEDEX of corse. Than a couple of days later I got a second 700wx, it came in the mail same as the first. I also noticed that Sprint had charged me for 2 phones, on my debit card, and I was in big trouble mostly from my wife. I called Sprint and talked to a supervisor told her what happened she told me I would be refunded the money. I checked with Sprint when I called to activate my 700wx and it appears that Sprint has refunded me for 2 700wx's on my bill and I still have both phones. I am also getting the money back in my account. Thanks Sprint!

Now on to the review. This phone smokes my 6700, web pages render faster and in side by side tests the 700wx is faster at just about everything. Also the screen is much brighter in direct sunlight, and the phone upgrades real make using the phone a breeze. I am having some trouble with the form factor though. I have big fingers so I have to use my thumb nail to type. All in all I realy like my new 700wx but I have only had it working for 2 days. I will be keeping my 6700 near by just for comforts sake.
“It is from numberless diverse acts of courage and belief that human history is shaped. Each time a man stands up for an ideal, or acts to improve the lot of others, or strikes out against injustice, he sends forth a tiny ripple of hope.”

Robert Kennedy

Ha y'all come visit me at WMExperts some time.
Old 09-17-2006, 12:52 AM
Moderator/WMExperts Staff
Pocket PC: Pure, TP2, Snap, Ozone, Intrepid,Treo Pro

Malatesta is still contributing even after becoming a VIPMalatesta is still contributing even after becoming a VIPMalatesta is still contributing even after becoming a VIPMalatesta is still contributing even after becoming a VIPMalatesta is still contributing even after becoming a VIPMalatesta is still contributing even after becoming a VIPMalatesta is still contributing even after becoming a VIPMalatesta is still contributing even after becoming a VIPMalatesta is still contributing even after becoming a VIPMalatesta is still contributing even after becoming a VIPMalatesta is still contributing even after becoming a VIP
Sooo lucky about Sprint!

Just real quickly re: the keyboard: I totally agree about it being different but I found after a couple of days, you can get used to it very quickly. At first it was difficult for me to type stuff but you'll get into form soon enough and you'll start typing without looking.
Old 09-17-2006, 10:47 AM
Retired Staff
Pocket PC: Motorola Photon & Bravo
Carrier: Sprint & AT&T PAYG

budney is halfway to VIP status based on repbudney is halfway to VIP status based on repbudney is halfway to VIP status based on repbudney is halfway to VIP status based on repbudney is halfway to VIP status based on repbudney is halfway to VIP status based on repbudney is halfway to VIP status based on repbudney is halfway to VIP status based on repbudney is halfway to VIP status based on rep
Send a message via Yahoo to budney
So you took most of the luck when dealing with Sprint. ... j/k

Retentions noted my account for a 6700 > wx swap, but the 2 local stores here in SoCal I have been to will not honor the note.
Old 09-17-2006, 12:07 PM
Retired Staff
Pocket PC: Diamond

ajk511 is keeping up the good workajk511 is keeping up the good work
Send a message via AIM to ajk511 Send a message via MSN to ajk511
budney thats what happend to me. ended up having to call CS and spend like 4 hours on the phone with them and no one would honor the retentions reps claim to switch it out, even tho it was in my notes. finnally got them to giveme the 700wx for $50 and sent the 6700 back to them.
Old 09-17-2006, 07:54 PM
Retired Staff
Pocket PC: Motorola Photon & Bravo
Carrier: Sprint & AT&T PAYG

budney is halfway to VIP status based on repbudney is halfway to VIP status based on repbudney is halfway to VIP status based on repbudney is halfway to VIP status based on repbudney is halfway to VIP status based on repbudney is halfway to VIP status based on repbudney is halfway to VIP status based on repbudney is halfway to VIP status based on repbudney is halfway to VIP status based on rep
Send a message via Yahoo to budney
4 hours! ouch!

I didn't have to spend that much time on the phone with CS/retentions. But I will be getting the wx mailed to me, with a return kit for the 6700. I will have to pay the $50 difference, but that was always part of the deal. I just wish the stores and CS would be more willing to ship phones out, as where I live we have no Sprint stores. And it is not easy for me to get to Vegas or another city that has Sprint stores.

PPCGeeks > Windows Mobile > General Windows Mobile Discussions > Legacy WM Devices > Palm Treo 700W/WX