PPCGeeks Forums HTC Arrive HTC HD2 HTC Thunderbolt HTC Touch Pro 2 HTC Evo 4G HTC Evo 3D Samsung Galaxy S II Motorola Droid X Apple iPhone Blackberry
Go Back   PPCGeeks > Windows Mobile > General Windows Mobile Discussions > Legacy WM Devices > Palm Treo 700W/WX

Notices

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 09-07-2006, 08:07 PM
Lurker
Pocket PC: Samsung Intrepid
Carrier: Sprint

orbitalcomp is a n00b
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Got my 700wx AND keeping my 6700

Hello all! New T700wx user here, long time Treo user all the way back to that monster known as the T300, then the T600, T650, and so forth. Anyways, I am on the grandfathered 85/2000/2 line plan from way back when, and I added a 6700 about 4 months ago on my second line, mainly just to use for SlingPlayer and the multimedia stuff like XM and Sirius. I never really use it as a phone, because the Treo just plain works better in that dept, IMHO.

Just added the T700wx this week to replace my primary line T650, and I couldn't be happier! Glad I passed on the 700p, I just didn't see the value, considering I have had ZERO problems with my 650, it's been rock solid these last two years. Besides, if I needed EVDO, I always had my 6700...

Well, I think I am going to go ahead and keep my 6700 around and have the best of both worlds. Sling works great on the 700wx, but it is far better on the 6700, allowing for landscape full-screen viewing with almost twice the size. Plus, I like the idea of having Wifi and the painless USB and Bluetooth tethering without having to use the Sprint client software. But for day to day use as my phone, the 700wx will work for me. At least now I can have a consistent OS and features between the two phones...

So is anyone else going to be using BOTH phones? Malatesta, I see you posting in all the various smartphone forums - are you keeping yours, or are you strictly T700wx now?

Maybe I'm crazy, but I think they both have their pros and cons, and together they are perfect (well VGA rez would be nice!)
Old 09-07-2006, 08:19 PM
Founder & Owner
Pocket PC: iPhone XS Max

Wideawake should be added to the payroll for their contributionsWideawake should be added to the payroll for their contributionsWideawake should be added to the payroll for their contributionsWideawake should be added to the payroll for their contributionsWideawake should be added to the payroll for their contributionsWideawake should be added to the payroll for their contributionsWideawake should be added to the payroll for their contributionsWideawake should be added to the payroll for their contributionsWideawake should be added to the payroll for their contributionsWideawake should be added to the payroll for their contributionsWideawake should be added to the payroll for their contributions
Mentioned: 8 Post(s)
Send a message via Skype™ to Wideawake
yea malatesta, ajk, and big d5 are all keeping the 6700 and 700wx. (if Im not mistaken) I cant afford one at this time, but may scoop one up soon just to help out around here and try something new. I just really want a new htc phone to come to sprint. I got my fingers crossed it comes soon....
~mike

Old 09-07-2006, 09:01 PM
Moderator/WMExperts Staff
Pocket PC: Pure, TP2, Snap, Ozone, Intrepid,Treo Pro

Malatesta is still contributing even after becoming a VIPMalatesta is still contributing even after becoming a VIPMalatesta is still contributing even after becoming a VIPMalatesta is still contributing even after becoming a VIPMalatesta is still contributing even after becoming a VIPMalatesta is still contributing even after becoming a VIPMalatesta is still contributing even after becoming a VIPMalatesta is still contributing even after becoming a VIPMalatesta is still contributing even after becoming a VIPMalatesta is still contributing even after becoming a VIPMalatesta is still contributing even after becoming a VIP
Actually, if I get off of my lazy butt I'll probably finally sell my Treo 650s (I have a 2nd one that I found...lol) and my ppc-6700, not out of frustration but out of need for money! I did pay for the 650 and 700wx in full...no discounts (!)

So yeah I guess that means I'm committed to the 700wx but that doesn't really mean much since they (the 6700 and wx) have way more in common than differences.
Old 09-07-2006, 09:11 PM
The Voice of Reason
Pocket PC: PPC 6700/Touch Diamond/Touch Pro

Big D5 is halfway to VIP status based on repBig D5 is halfway to VIP status based on repBig D5 is halfway to VIP status based on repBig D5 is halfway to VIP status based on repBig D5 is halfway to VIP status based on repBig D5 is halfway to VIP status based on repBig D5 is halfway to VIP status based on repBig D5 is halfway to VIP status based on repBig D5 is halfway to VIP status based on repBig D5 is halfway to VIP status based on repBig D5 is halfway to VIP status based on rep
Both baby! But wait hear this story. I finely got the money together and headed to the nearest Sprint store to get my new 700wx but lo and behold there weren't any. Not in Dallas, Fort Worth, Arlington, Texas, Oklahoma, Hell the Sprint reginal rep couldn't get his hands on one. I tried to order from Sprint accessories hot line where I got my 6700 but that didn't work. Said that the phone is to new and isn't in the system yet. I had to order from the on line store and I will be waiting 4 to 7 days to get mine.
“It is from numberless diverse acts of courage and belief that human history is shaped. Each time a man stands up for an ideal, or acts to improve the lot of others, or strikes out against injustice, he sends forth a tiny ripple of hope.”

Robert Kennedy

Ha y'all come visit me at WMExperts some time.
Old 09-07-2006, 10:55 PM
N00b

dalexiou is a n00b
I definately think both devices have their pros and cons. For me though, the 700wx works better for my needs. I actually have to send back my 6700 because the deal e-care offered me was sending back my 6700 for a 700wx and all I have to pay is $50. Not bad considering I got my 6700 for about $200 at the time (5 months ago).
Old 09-07-2006, 11:27 PM
Halfway to VIP Status
Pocket PC: HTC Apache PPC-6700

BiGMatTFRomJeRSeY is a n00b
Send a message via AIM to BiGMatTFRomJeRSeY
it seems like a lot of people on here are getting the new treo.I am going to stay with ppc for awhile. as I just spent a lot of money on this ppc and I like it more.
Old 09-10-2006, 02:07 PM
Regular 'Geeker
Pocket PC: Diamond

al3azim is keeping up the good workal3azim is keeping up the good work
Quote:
Originally Posted by Big D5
Both baby! But wait hear this story. I finely got the money together and headed to the nearest Sprint store to get my new 700wx but lo and behold there weren't any. Not in Dallas, Fort Worth, Arlington, Texas, Oklahoma, Hell the Sprint reginal rep couldn't get his hands on one. I tried to order from Sprint accessories hot line where I got my 6700 but that didn't work. Said that the phone is to new and isn't in the system yet. I had to order from the on line store and I will be waiting 4 to 7 days to get mine.
I had the same problem with mine and now, like you I have to wait till next week. It should ship on Monday (I was told) but I will not believe it until I see a tracking number. They screwed up the order and that is why it is taking so long to get here
Old 09-10-2006, 09:47 PM
The Voice of Reason
Pocket PC: PPC 6700/Touch Diamond/Touch Pro

Big D5 is halfway to VIP status based on repBig D5 is halfway to VIP status based on repBig D5 is halfway to VIP status based on repBig D5 is halfway to VIP status based on repBig D5 is halfway to VIP status based on repBig D5 is halfway to VIP status based on repBig D5 is halfway to VIP status based on repBig D5 is halfway to VIP status based on repBig D5 is halfway to VIP status based on repBig D5 is halfway to VIP status based on repBig D5 is halfway to VIP status based on rep
My 700wx should be at my house tomorrow unfortunately I wont be. I am in Los Vegas right know and I am heading to Reno, NO not for fun, FOR WORK. So my new 700wx will arrive about 20 hours after I departed. I should still have it tuesday, I am having my wife Fedex it to my in Reno. OH WELL
Old 09-16-2006, 09:55 AM
PPCGeeks Regular
Pocket PC: iPhone 4
Carrier: at&t

PPC6700Man is just getting started
Quote:
Originally Posted by Big D5
I should still have it tuesday, I am having my wife Fedex it to my in Reno. OH WELL
LOL, diehard arent we? Na I see where you're coming from. Trust me, I'd probably do the same thing you are.

Lucky for me when I went to get mine, UPS was just dropping the boxes off at Sprint of brand new 700wx's so I got the very very first one that store sold. Yay! Now i'm a statistic.. lol

Now with the phone, so far so good! I'm not disapointed in any way and am kinda glad I was able to trade in my 6700 for the 700wx. The thing I like the most about the 700wx, since the 6700 and 700wx are pretty much the same phone in different skins, is the fact that it's slimmer and more pocket friendly.

I'm still trying to find me a leather case that has the cut outs for the keypad, and has a belt clip not the swivel clips (I hate those)
www.ppcgeeks.com - PPC6700Man

Car Boards;
www.honda-tech.com - ..::91TEG-G2::..
www.nasioc.com - NM02WRX

PPCGeeks > Windows Mobile > General Windows Mobile Discussions > Legacy WM Devices > Palm Treo 700W/WX