PPCGeeks Forums HTC Arrive HTC HD2 HTC Thunderbolt HTC Touch Pro 2 HTC Evo 4G HTC Evo 3D Samsung Galaxy S II Motorola Droid X Apple iPhone Blackberry
Go Back   PPCGeeks > Windows Mobile > General Windows Mobile Discussions > Legacy WM Devices > Palm Treo 700W/WX
Register Community Search

Notices

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 09-06-2006, 08:13 PM
Charles
Pocket PC: HTC EVO 4G
Carrier: Sprint

cac9478 is keeping up the good workcac9478 is keeping up the good work
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
I think I will pass :)

Today I went into the sprint store and asked to see a 700w, so they pulled a brand new one out of a box and let me play with it. I dont like it, the absence of wifi, and the low res screen. I talked to the lady and she said that the Sammy i830 and another ppc phone would be coming out later this year. The only way I will upgrade is for a EVDO Rev. A capable ppc phone.
Old 09-06-2006, 09:44 PM
Moderator/WMExperts Staff
Pocket PC: Pure, TP2, Snap, Ozone, Intrepid,Treo Pro

Malatesta is still contributing even after becoming a VIPMalatesta is still contributing even after becoming a VIPMalatesta is still contributing even after becoming a VIPMalatesta is still contributing even after becoming a VIPMalatesta is still contributing even after becoming a VIPMalatesta is still contributing even after becoming a VIPMalatesta is still contributing even after becoming a VIPMalatesta is still contributing even after becoming a VIPMalatesta is still contributing even after becoming a VIPMalatesta is still contributing even after becoming a VIPMalatesta is still contributing even after becoming a VIP
Yeah this device is primarily for two users:

1) former or current Treo users, who are familiar with and love the form factor (I count myself in that group)

2) new PDA users

There won't be too many 6700 users switiching.
Old 09-07-2006, 12:41 AM
N00b

dalexiou is a n00b
Love it

Malatesta,

I gotta admit all the great things you had to say about the 700wx influenced my decision, but as a former 6700 user there really is no looking back. After all the hacks, the 6700 became a great device, but as a phone, one-handed usage and battery life the 700wx destroys the 6700. I am really thrilled with it thus far as well as getting a great deal. Thanks for the feedback you have been posting about the device.

Dimitri
Old 09-07-2006, 12:47 AM

Malatesta is still contributing even after becoming a VIPMalatesta is still contributing even after becoming a VIPMalatesta is still contributing even after becoming a VIPMalatesta is still contributing even after becoming a VIPMalatesta is still contributing even after becoming a VIPMalatesta is still contributing even after becoming a VIPMalatesta is still contributing even after becoming a VIPMalatesta is still contributing even after becoming a VIPMalatesta is still contributing even after becoming a VIPMalatesta is still contributing even after becoming a VIPMalatesta is still contributing even after becoming a VIP
Re: Love it

Quote:
Originally Posted by dalexiou
Malatesta,

I gotta admit all the great things you had to say about the 700wx influenced my decision, but as a former 6700 user there really is no looking back. After all the hacks, the 6700 became a great device, but as a phone, one-handed usage and battery life the 700wx destroys the 6700. I am really thrilled with it thus far as well as getting a great deal. Thanks for the feedback you have been posting about the device.

Dimitri
np and glad to help! I think this device will be a hit. Even (gasp!) former Palm OS users are enjoying it and this could be the kind of high-profile/success device that WM5 needs to really get big...which then means more programs, more tweaks...more services. We all gain.
Old 09-07-2006, 01:03 AM
N00b

dalexiou is a n00b
Exactly.....though it won't need nearly as many hacks as the 6700 needed to do the things I want it to do. I was lucky that e-care let me swap out my 5 month old 6700 plus $50 for the 700wx. I have used this phone all afternoon and still have 57% battery life.
Old 09-07-2006, 01:05 AM
Charles
Pocket PC: HTC EVO 4G
Threadstarter

cac9478 is keeping up the good workcac9478 is keeping up the good work
i agree that the wx does have a very nice form factor (myself being a former 650 owner) but the low res screen and lack of wifi are the deciding factors. Im not going to pay more for a phone with less features. Not saying that the wx is bad, I am just spoiled by all that my 6700 can do.
Old 09-07-2006, 01:12 AM
N00b

dalexiou is a n00b
I agree...it should have wifi built it in....but at the same time, I have great reception everywhere in LA and honestly never used wifi except playing around with it when I first got my phone......as for th screen, holding them side by side I think they look similar with the Treo maybe looking a bit cleaner.....I am not bashing the 6700.....I love it as well.....just for my needs I needed easy access to my keyboard and a better phone....and in those areas the Treo rocks.
Old 09-07-2006, 02:28 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by dalexiou
I agree...it should have wifi built it in....but at the same time, I have great reception everywhere in LA and honestly never used wifi except playing around with it when I first got my phone......as for th screen, holding them side by side I think they look similar with the Treo maybe looking a bit cleaner.....I am not bashing the 6700.....I love it as well.....just for my needs I needed easy access to my keyboard and a better phone....and in those areas the Treo rocks.
I'm going to pick up a WiFI card as well...there are some good ones on eBay for $30.

One argument that is usually give against having an SDIO card is you loose your storage memory. With so much internal on the 700wx, I have yet to install anything on my SD card except my backups, so it's really not an issue.

I now have on here:

PIEPlus
SplashBlog
SmallMenu Plus
Tube 2/w NYC maps
PhoneAlarm
SK Tools
Tweaks2k2
btCrawler
Verichat
Resco Explorer
NewsBreak
SlingBox
Vito Audio Notes
AE Button Plus
WM5 NewMenu
SPB Backup
MemMaid
UI Tweaker
UPX4PPC
Fizz Weather
Weather-to-Go
Agenda Today
Bug Me!

All in MainMem with 20mb left.

That's just awesome.
Old 09-07-2006, 02:43 AM
N00b

dalexiou is a n00b
Exactly...for once I can say that there is mroe than enough memory.....also the wifi card is a really simple solution....I just am thrilled with the 700wx....can't say enough great things....and this is coming from an owner who really had no problems with the 6700 so its not like I am bashing it.

PPCGeeks > Windows Mobile > General Windows Mobile Discussions > Legacy WM Devices > Palm Treo 700W/WX