PPCGeeks Forums HTC Arrive HTC HD2 HTC Thunderbolt HTC Touch Pro 2 HTC Evo 4G HTC Evo 3D Samsung Galaxy S II Motorola Droid X Apple iPhone Blackberry
Go Back   PPCGeeks > Windows Mobile > General Windows Mobile Discussions > Legacy WM Devices > Palm Treo 700W/WX

Notices

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 03-05-2009, 11:56 AM
Lurker
Pocket PC: Palm treo 700w

kareem-34 is a n00b
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Help with my palm 700x

Hi All,

This is my first post im a new member this is a cool space, ok i have a question, I buy my palm treo 700w flashed to Metro pcs 2 months ago but today whe a try to sync with my pcs i think i do something wrong because the service return to Verizon, the funny part I still can send TXT but not calls

PEASE HELP!!!!

Kareem.
Old 03-06-2009, 04:38 AM
LMG - GEEK, VIP!!!
Pocket PC: HTC TP Pro 2 (From HTC Touch Diamond)
Carrier: Sprint

lawmangrant is halfway to VIP status based on replawmangrant is halfway to VIP status based on replawmangrant is halfway to VIP status based on replawmangrant is halfway to VIP status based on replawmangrant is halfway to VIP status based on replawmangrant is halfway to VIP status based on replawmangrant is halfway to VIP status based on replawmangrant is halfway to VIP status based on replawmangrant is halfway to VIP status based on rep
Send a message via AIM to lawmangrant Send a message via MSN to lawmangrant Send a message via Yahoo to lawmangrant Send a message via Skype™ to lawmangrant
Re: Help with my palm 700x

What is your issue? When trying to sync, it says you have to return it to VZW?
PLAN:
Everything450, w/ unlimited mobile to mobile[B]

Need Dropbox? Use my referral here!
Old 03-06-2009, 10:41 AM
Lurker
Threadstarter

kareem-34 is a n00b
Smile Re: Help with my palm 700x

Hi lawmangrant,

The problem is the palm return the service with Verizon when I sync with my pc i think I update the software to TREO700W_-1.22-VZW, but the cellphone was flashed to Metro pcs before and got cell number from Metro pcs already now I cant make any call and when try to call my number say the number its disconect, but I still can send txt messages with that number from Metro pcs, Yesterday I went to the corporate office of Metro pcs and they told me they dont flash Palm's they said nobody can, but that's not true my palm got metro pcs number so I get mad and left the store, so i try to contact the person who sell me the palm for aks who flash the number before but I cant find it anywhere so please if somebody can HELP ME PLEASE!!!!!!
Old 03-06-2009, 11:27 AM
VIP Member
Pocket PC: Galaxy Note II
Carrier: Verizon

Geekcop is halfway to VIP status based on repGeekcop is halfway to VIP status based on repGeekcop is halfway to VIP status based on repGeekcop is halfway to VIP status based on repGeekcop is halfway to VIP status based on repGeekcop is halfway to VIP status based on repGeekcop is halfway to VIP status based on repGeekcop is halfway to VIP status based on repGeekcop is halfway to VIP status based on repGeekcop is halfway to VIP status based on rep
Send a message via MSN to Geekcop

Quote:
Originally Posted by lawmangrant View Post
What is your issue? When trying to sync, it says you have to return it to VZW?
I would love to help, but I'm having trouble understanding the post. Sounds like the phone was flashed to Metro PCS service when purchased, but the OP then flashed the Palm update for the VZW 700W and now it's nearly bricked.

Old 03-06-2009, 05:53 PM
Lurker
Threadstarter

kareem-34 is a n00b

OK here is the whole history about my palm
I found this palm on Craigslist, contact the person i paid $160 dollar for it the lady told the cellphone is ready to use have metro pcs number just pay every month 54.00 dollar to metro... OK no problem then i found out the internet its not working at all so i think i can live without that..yesterday morning conect my cell to my pc and try to sync but the system ask me download new version of palm treo so i donwload to my pc.. ok then the cellphone star update..... about 36 min later the cellphone reboot and in my screen apears Verizon Wireless service, i tought that's wird but well, try to make a call and the record said please call *228 por programing then I try to call from another phone and said the number is disconect.... i went to corporate of metro and they told me they cant help me because they dont flash palm so I call the lady who sell this palm to my but i cant find her anywhere I just want to ask her who flash the phone before,now i just can send txt msg but no call at all, can somebody can help with this PLEASE!!!!!!!
Old 03-09-2009, 01:56 AM
Lurker
Pocket PC: BB storm 2
Carrier: verizon

lockportgsoldier is a n00b

try to program your phone i dont know the code for metro but with cricket its *228 i have a palm treo 700w flashed to cricket and that happened to me a ew times now and when i called *228 it reprogrammed my phone and after a reboot it worked perfect again you may run into this problem a few times get the code and try that and let me know how it works if it doesnt ill do some research for you and help you as much as i can since i have the same phone flashed
Old 03-09-2009, 01:58 AM
Lurker
Pocket PC: BB storm 2
Carrier: verizon

lockportgsoldier is a n00b

ok i just read that last post the update you did is your problem do NOT run an update with a flashed phone thats what the problem must be try *228 on your phone and let me know what it says and we can go from there hope this helps if not ill do my best to help you
Old 03-09-2009, 10:57 AM
Lurker
Threadstarter

kareem-34 is a n00b

Ok, y try to call *228 and a automatic operator from verizon answer and said we are unable to program your number!!!! any call try to make go to Verizon message
Old 03-09-2009, 11:05 AM
VIP Member
Pocket PC: Galaxy Note II
Carrier: Verizon

Geekcop is halfway to VIP status based on repGeekcop is halfway to VIP status based on repGeekcop is halfway to VIP status based on repGeekcop is halfway to VIP status based on repGeekcop is halfway to VIP status based on repGeekcop is halfway to VIP status based on repGeekcop is halfway to VIP status based on repGeekcop is halfway to VIP status based on repGeekcop is halfway to VIP status based on repGeekcop is halfway to VIP status based on rep
Send a message via MSN to Geekcop

You're not going to be able to use this on VZW if it's programmed for Metro PCS. Flashing a VZW update on a Metro programmed phone and then expecting it to work on VZW isn't gonna work. I'm surprised anything is working
Old 03-09-2009, 02:59 PM
Lurker
Threadstarter

kareem-34 is a n00b

I don't want to use on verizon if i just paid my bill with metro pcs i like metro myself, My mistake was try to sync and update because this return the service with Verizon but I dont need Verizon

PPCGeeks > Windows Mobile > General Windows Mobile Discussions > Legacy WM Devices > Palm Treo 700W/WX