PPCGeeks Forums HTC Arrive HTC HD2 HTC Thunderbolt HTC Touch Pro 2 HTC Evo 4G HTC Evo 3D Samsung Galaxy S II Motorola Droid X Apple iPhone Blackberry
Go Back   PPCGeeks > Windows Mobile > General Windows Mobile Discussions > Legacy WM Devices > Palm Treo 700W/WX
Register Community Search

Notices

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 04-01-2009, 12:03 PM
VIP Member
Pocket PC: Galaxy Note II
Carrier: Verizon

Geekcop is halfway to VIP status based on repGeekcop is halfway to VIP status based on repGeekcop is halfway to VIP status based on repGeekcop is halfway to VIP status based on repGeekcop is halfway to VIP status based on repGeekcop is halfway to VIP status based on repGeekcop is halfway to VIP status based on repGeekcop is halfway to VIP status based on repGeekcop is halfway to VIP status based on repGeekcop is halfway to VIP status based on rep
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Send a message via MSN to Geekcop
Re: WM6.1 Rom for Treo 700wx - Finally!

However, you can set up your hotmail account just as you would any other. Go here...
http://forum.ppcgeeks.com/showthread.php?t=59070. I'm running the 6.1 ROM for VZW and have not seen this issue

Old 04-01-2009, 12:20 PM
Lurker
Pocket PC: Palm Treo 700wx
Carrier: No

UrbanBounca is a n00b

Quote:
Originally Posted by Geekcop View Post
However, you can set up your hotmail account just as you would any other. Go here...
http://forum.ppcgeeks.com/showthread.php?t=59070. I'm running the 6.1 ROM for VZW and have not seen this issue
I understand, however, by not having the checkbox on the first page, it goes directly to, "You can access ... using Internet Explorer to access your Windows Live Hotmail account." You can't do anything past that point. I had to enter a false email to get to the checkbox, which should've been on the first page.

Is there anyway to take a screenshot and I'll show you?

It's the same situation, as someone gave in the other thread.

Quote:
Originally Posted by almoreno2k View Post
well i went to switch user to clear out my hotmail. then i went to add new account and step 1 was type in email address then hit next. it goes straight to pocket msn screen.
Old 04-05-2009, 11:07 PM
Lurker

Pixileyes is a n00b

On Sunday I purchased a Treo 700WX from eBay all ready flashed to cricket. I would like to upgrade to 6.1 with the instructions listed. If I flash my phone to 6.1 will I loose the cricket setttings also. I'm a noob to flashing phones to cricket.
Old 04-05-2009, 11:23 PM
VIP Member

Geekcop is halfway to VIP status based on repGeekcop is halfway to VIP status based on repGeekcop is halfway to VIP status based on repGeekcop is halfway to VIP status based on repGeekcop is halfway to VIP status based on repGeekcop is halfway to VIP status based on repGeekcop is halfway to VIP status based on repGeekcop is halfway to VIP status based on repGeekcop is halfway to VIP status based on repGeekcop is halfway to VIP status based on rep

I've said this before in countless posts....do NOT be in a hurry to flash to a new ROM. Read everything you can about your device and what you expect of your new ROM, as well as it's limitations. Learn everything you can about WinMo as well. If you flash your device before you completely understand the process and it's attendant hazards and/ or don't follow the instructions to the letter, you will brick your device. In other words, in just a few minutes your useful PPC will become a paperweight. This site, and in particular this forum, contains a plethora of info on your device. The 700WX is an older device, so there's lots of info around. Also, check over @ xda-developers for info on the 6.1 ROM
Old 04-05-2009, 11:30 PM
Lurker

Pixileyes is a n00b

Yeah I've done hours of researching. I've also looked over at xda's site before this one. I did not see any info of cricket and wm 6.1. This is the reason I'm asking. I read you may not need to flash to cricket settings but just change the settings. The author could not confirm if this was true or not.

This is the closest I've found. http://forum.xda-developers.com/show....php?p=3437629

I do know I will not be able to send pic messages.

Last edited by Pixileyes; 04-05-2009 at 11:33 PM.
Old 04-06-2009, 07:02 PM
Almost a VIP
Pocket PC: HTC Touch Pro> EVO
Carrier: Sprint

tx_jaycee is halfway to VIP status based on reptx_jaycee is halfway to VIP status based on reptx_jaycee is halfway to VIP status based on reptx_jaycee is halfway to VIP status based on reptx_jaycee is halfway to VIP status based on reptx_jaycee is halfway to VIP status based on reptx_jaycee is halfway to VIP status based on reptx_jaycee is halfway to VIP status based on reptx_jaycee is halfway to VIP status based on reptx_jaycee is halfway to VIP status based on reptx_jaycee is halfway to VIP status based on rep
Send a message via Yahoo to tx_jaycee

I have a friend with a 700w will either the WM 6 or 6.1 ROMs work with it?
Old 04-06-2009, 10:24 PM
VIP Member

If I had to guess, I'd say no. The 700W had memory issues, which is why the WX was created.
Old 04-10-2009, 09:31 AM
Lurker
Pocket PC: Palm Treo 700wx
Carrier: No

UrbanBounca is a n00b

I upgraded to the Nighthawk 6.1 ROM, but I'd rather have the original VZW 6.0 ROM. I downloaded 1.24, but when I tried to install, it's saying that my ROM is already a later version, and it can't be downgraded.

How do I downgrade back to the original?
Old 07-09-2009, 01:45 AM
Almost a VIP
Pocket PC: HTC EVO 4G
Carrier: Sprint

ivan1.ruiz is halfway to VIP status based on repivan1.ruiz is halfway to VIP status based on repivan1.ruiz is halfway to VIP status based on repivan1.ruiz is halfway to VIP status based on repivan1.ruiz is halfway to VIP status based on repivan1.ruiz is halfway to VIP status based on repivan1.ruiz is halfway to VIP status based on repivan1.ruiz is halfway to VIP status based on repivan1.ruiz is halfway to VIP status based on repivan1.ruiz is halfway to VIP status based on repivan1.ruiz is halfway to VIP status based on rep

when i install this on the 700wx it works but im left with 1.16mb of program memory left. Is this suppose to be like this? or am i doing something wrong? because I would love to have the ability to install any application.. Thanks in advanced everyone.

If I've helped you please remember to
click "THANKS" or click the button. Thanks!

PPCGeeks > Windows Mobile > General Windows Mobile Discussions > Legacy WM Devices > Palm Treo 700W/WX