PPCGeeks Forums HTC Arrive HTC HD2 HTC Thunderbolt HTC Touch Pro 2 HTC Evo 4G HTC Evo 3D Samsung Galaxy S II Motorola Droid X Apple iPhone Blackberry
Go Back   PPCGeeks > Windows Mobile > General Windows Mobile Discussions > Legacy WM Devices > Palm Treo 700W/WX
Register Community Search

Notices

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 01-25-2009, 09:13 PM
VIP Member
Pocket PC: Galaxy Note II
Carrier: Verizon

Geekcop is halfway to VIP status based on repGeekcop is halfway to VIP status based on repGeekcop is halfway to VIP status based on repGeekcop is halfway to VIP status based on repGeekcop is halfway to VIP status based on repGeekcop is halfway to VIP status based on repGeekcop is halfway to VIP status based on repGeekcop is halfway to VIP status based on repGeekcop is halfway to VIP status based on repGeekcop is halfway to VIP status based on rep
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Send a message via MSN to Geekcop
Re: Treo 700w w/ WM6.1 and no MMS

Did you look over at the link I referenced @ TreoCentral?

Old 01-25-2009, 10:02 PM
Lurker
Threadstarter

tastypotato is a n00b

Quote:
Originally Posted by Geekcop View Post
Did you look over at the link I referenced @ TreoCentral?
Yeah, I had already been looking over it before actually - and I made a new post because I went through about 40 pages and I cannot find a WM5 Verizon Stock ROM with MMS.

There are "Verizonated" ROM's that have all of the sprint stuff but just a different hello.bmp and goodbye.bmp on the radio screen, but the sprint WM5 ROM's do not have MMS.
Old 01-26-2009, 03:55 AM
LMG - GEEK, VIP!!!
Pocket PC: HTC TP Pro 2 (From HTC Touch Diamond)
Carrier: Sprint

lawmangrant is halfway to VIP status based on replawmangrant is halfway to VIP status based on replawmangrant is halfway to VIP status based on replawmangrant is halfway to VIP status based on replawmangrant is halfway to VIP status based on replawmangrant is halfway to VIP status based on replawmangrant is halfway to VIP status based on replawmangrant is halfway to VIP status based on replawmangrant is halfway to VIP status based on rep
Send a message via AIM to lawmangrant Send a message via MSN to lawmangrant Send a message via Yahoo to lawmangrant Send a message via Skype™ to lawmangrant

Quote:
Originally Posted by tastypotato View Post
Yeah, I had already been looking over it before actually - and I made a new post because I went through about 40 pages and I cannot find a WM5 Verizon Stock ROM with MMS.

There are "Verizonated" ROM's that have all of the sprint stuff but just a different hello.bmp and goodbye.bmp on the radio screen, but the sprint WM5 ROM's do not have MMS.
Can you not configure the Palm Threaded to work with Verizon MMS?
I though ebagg over there got that figured out.
PLAN:
Everything450, w/ unlimited mobile to mobile[B]

Need Dropbox? Use my referral here!
Old 01-26-2009, 04:03 AM
Lurker
Threadstarter

tastypotato is a n00b

Quote:
Originally Posted by lawmangrant View Post
Can you not configure the Palm Threaded to work with Verizon MMS?
I though ebagg over there got that figured out.
Well, I looked at nighthawks releases and settled with the WM6.1 VZW ROM, it runs a HELL of a lot better than the one I got from HawleyTronics, and best of all it was free... *Rolls eyes* Won't get suckered into paying for a ROM again that's for sure.

Everything is running fine now - thanks for your guys' help.
Old 01-26-2009, 10:59 AM
LMG - GEEK, VIP!!!

lawmangrant is halfway to VIP status based on replawmangrant is halfway to VIP status based on replawmangrant is halfway to VIP status based on replawmangrant is halfway to VIP status based on replawmangrant is halfway to VIP status based on replawmangrant is halfway to VIP status based on replawmangrant is halfway to VIP status based on replawmangrant is halfway to VIP status based on replawmangrant is halfway to VIP status based on rep
Send a message via AIM to lawmangrant Send a message via MSN to lawmangrant Send a message via Yahoo to lawmangrant Send a message via Skype™ to lawmangrant

Quote:
Well, I looked at nighthawks releases and settled with the WM6.1 VZW ROM, it runs a HELL of a lot better than the one I got from HawleyTronics, and best of all it was free... *Rolls eyes* Won't get suckered into paying for a ROM again that's for sure.

Everything is running fine now - thanks for your guys' help.
Heck no, never pay for ROMs...

Come here, TreoCentral, XDA....they are free!
Old 01-26-2009, 11:09 AM
Lurker
Threadstarter

tastypotato is a n00b

Quote:
Heck no, never pay for ROMs...

Come here, TreoCentral, XDA....they are free!
Yeah, I know that now.. Lol.

I'm actually thinking about filing a claim against HawleyTronics as he claimed that his WM 6.1 would work fine on a Treo 700W - and there's no way he did any testing with it.
Old 01-26-2009, 02:17 PM
LMG - GEEK, VIP!!!

I did have WM6 on my 700wx...

and ebagg did have 6.1 working for the 700wx, if I remember correctly.
Old 01-26-2009, 02:17 PM
LMG - GEEK, VIP!!!

Quote:
Yeah, I know that now.. Lol.

I'm actually thinking about filing a claim against HawleyTronics as he claimed that his WM 6.1 would work fine on a Treo 700W - and there's no way he did any testing with it.
But you needed VZW......I am not sure if it was for VZW...I know that it worked on my Sprint phone.
Old 01-26-2009, 02:21 PM
Lurker
Threadstarter

tastypotato is a n00b

Quote:
But you needed VZW......I am not sure if it was for VZW...I know that it worked on my Sprint phone.
Nighthawk has a VZW ROM right here actually...

http://discussion.treocentral.com/sh...postcount=1882

http://discussion.treocentral.com/sh...postcount=1859

It's WM6.1, it runs great and best of all, the threaded MMS works wonders.
Old 01-26-2009, 04:09 PM
VIP Member
Pocket PC: Galaxy Note II
Carrier: Verizon

Geekcop is halfway to VIP status based on repGeekcop is halfway to VIP status based on repGeekcop is halfway to VIP status based on repGeekcop is halfway to VIP status based on repGeekcop is halfway to VIP status based on repGeekcop is halfway to VIP status based on repGeekcop is halfway to VIP status based on repGeekcop is halfway to VIP status based on repGeekcop is halfway to VIP status based on repGeekcop is halfway to VIP status based on rep
Send a message via MSN to Geekcop

Glad to see everything finally worked out. I, too, am using nightraven's WM6.1 for VZW Treo. Nothing bad to say about it.

PPCGeeks > Windows Mobile > General Windows Mobile Discussions > Legacy WM Devices > Palm Treo 700W/WX