PPCGeeks Forums HTC Arrive HTC HD2 HTC Thunderbolt HTC Touch Pro 2 HTC Evo 4G HTC Evo 3D Samsung Galaxy S II Motorola Droid X Apple iPhone Blackberry
Go Back   PPCGeeks > Windows Mobile > General Windows Mobile Discussions > Legacy WM Devices > Palm Treo 700W/WX
Register Community Search

Notices

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 12-24-2008, 08:10 PM
PPCGeeks Regular
Pocket PC: Omnia i910
Carrier: Verizon

pickthecrowdup is just getting started
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Send a message via MSN to pickthecrowdup
700wx not charging.

I bought a 700wx on ebay (ughh) and checked to see if it worked. It did. I didn't use it right away. After a couple of weeks I used it a bit and the battery died. I tried to charge it and it did not seem to work. I bought a new charger and battery and tried that. It turned on, but won't detect the charger. It was too late to do anything about it on ebay and now I'm sitting here with a dead phone.

Has this been a problem with these? Do I need a new female plug for my phone. Where can I even get this? Any help would be appreciated.

Thanks.
Old 12-24-2008, 08:16 PM
PPCGeeks Regular
Pocket PC: TP/MR5 and TP/Juicy 7
Carrier: Sprint Only The Best

bayushikitsune is keeping up the good workbayushikitsune is keeping up the good workbayushikitsune is keeping up the good work
Send a message via AIM to bayushikitsune
Re: 700wx not charging.

Well the first thing I would have done when getting a phone from Ebay is to put insurance on it... the reps at sprint don't really ask questions. then you could have taken it to the store and have the techs look at it instead of just buying a charger and battery. I am assuming that you brought the charger and battery in the store if so then take both back with the phone and have the techs look at it...if not then you kinda screwed...GOOD LUCK
Old 12-24-2008, 10:47 PM
PPCGeeks Regular
Threadstarter

I have Verizon. And hindsight is 20/20. I just want to know what I can do now to fix the problem, not what I should have done. I'm not sure what kind of insurance policies Sprint has, but Asurion and Verizon don't play with used phones from eBay.

Does anyone have an answer to my question?
Old 12-24-2008, 11:24 PM
VIP Member
Pocket PC: Galaxy Note II

Geekcop is halfway to VIP status based on repGeekcop is halfway to VIP status based on repGeekcop is halfway to VIP status based on repGeekcop is halfway to VIP status based on repGeekcop is halfway to VIP status based on repGeekcop is halfway to VIP status based on repGeekcop is halfway to VIP status based on repGeekcop is halfway to VIP status based on repGeekcop is halfway to VIP status based on repGeekcop is halfway to VIP status based on rep
Send a message via MSN to Geekcop

If you have a new battery and charger, I would say it's your device. Charging has not been an identified problem w/ the 700WX. I've had mine for 15 months and have had no charging issues. I'm not sure you can swap out the charging socket, as it's probably an integrated part of the device. Not to be the bearer of bad news, but I think you're hosed. I think your only solution is to buy a battery charger. You would have to then take out your battery every day and charge it. Kind of a headache.

Old 12-24-2008, 11:36 PM
PPCGeeks Regular
Pocket PC: apache->samsung saga->omnia->TOUCH PRO2!!!!!!!

DJx79x is keeping up the good workDJx79x is keeping up the good work

Quote:
Originally Posted by pickthecrowdup View Post
I have Verizon. And hindsight is 20/20. I just want to know what I can do now to fix the problem, not what I should have done. I'm not sure what kind of insurance policies Sprint has, but Asurion and Verizon don't play with used phones from eBay.
i ve dealt with verizon and a phone off ebay and they didnt ask or have on record that i bought it off ebay i had problems six months down the line though but i would suggest that you go get phone insurance and judging by you not using it for a long time i would say that you dont need it that much so i would say to wait a month or two then claim it to asurion as long as it is insured they wont ask questions im not sure about all this because i have verizon sprint may be different
Old 12-25-2008, 01:56 AM
VIP Member

Geekcop is halfway to VIP status based on repGeekcop is halfway to VIP status based on repGeekcop is halfway to VIP status based on repGeekcop is halfway to VIP status based on repGeekcop is halfway to VIP status based on repGeekcop is halfway to VIP status based on repGeekcop is halfway to VIP status based on repGeekcop is halfway to VIP status based on repGeekcop is halfway to VIP status based on repGeekcop is halfway to VIP status based on rep

Holy c++p!! That's about the longest single sentence post I believe I've ever seen.
Old 12-25-2008, 02:10 AM
PPCGeeks Regular
Pocket PC: apache->samsung saga->omnia->TOUCH PRO2!!!!!!!

DJx79x is keeping up the good workDJx79x is keeping up the good work

Quote:
Originally Posted by Geekcop View Post
Holy c++p!! That's about the longest single sentence post I believe I've ever seen.
LOL as you can see i choose not to use correct punctuation whilest typing on the forums. lol
Old 12-25-2008, 07:33 PM
PPCGeeks Regular
Threadstarter

The problem with buying a charger is that I can't flash it without a charger connected.. Unless it's possible to do it from sd card.. Hmm... didn't think of that until now.. Maybe I'll look into it. Still, that would suck not being able to charge on-the-go.. Plus, it would be hard to sell.
Old 12-26-2008, 01:02 AM
VIP Member

Flashing from an SD card is an option, but you still need to make sure your device has adequate power to complete the process
Old 12-26-2008, 01:21 AM
VIP PATROL
Pocket PC: EVO 4G/3D
Carrier: SPRINT

JAVIERBOND007 is halfway to VIP status based on repJAVIERBOND007 is halfway to VIP status based on repJAVIERBOND007 is halfway to VIP status based on repJAVIERBOND007 is halfway to VIP status based on repJAVIERBOND007 is halfway to VIP status based on repJAVIERBOND007 is halfway to VIP status based on repJAVIERBOND007 is halfway to VIP status based on repJAVIERBOND007 is halfway to VIP status based on repJAVIERBOND007 is halfway to VIP status based on repJAVIERBOND007 is halfway to VIP status based on repJAVIERBOND007 is halfway to VIP status based on rep
Send a message via AIM to JAVIERBOND007 Send a message via MSN to JAVIERBOND007 Send a message via Yahoo to JAVIERBOND007

I used to have the treo700w, i've never experience any charging problems during the time i had it, but i've only use the wall charger the first month because i use the phone so much my battery went dead so fast, so i bought a battery charger and an extra battery so when one dies the otherone will be charge, looks like you have that opcion if you cannot fix your phone, what happends when you sync with the computer,does still sync?

PPCGeeks > Windows Mobile > General Windows Mobile Discussions > Legacy WM Devices > Palm Treo 700W/WX