PPCGeeks Forums HTC Arrive HTC HD2 HTC Thunderbolt HTC Touch Pro 2 HTC Evo 4G HTC Evo 3D Samsung Galaxy S II Motorola Droid X Apple iPhone Blackberry
Go Back   PPCGeeks > Windows Mobile > General Windows Mobile Discussions > Legacy WM Devices > Palm Treo 700W/WX

Notices

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 06-11-2007, 06:15 PM
Moderator/WMExperts Staff
Pocket PC: Pure, TP2, Snap, Ozone, Intrepid,Treo Pro
Carrier: Sprint

Malatesta is still contributing even after becoming a VIPMalatesta is still contributing even after becoming a VIPMalatesta is still contributing even after becoming a VIPMalatesta is still contributing even after becoming a VIPMalatesta is still contributing even after becoming a VIPMalatesta is still contributing even after becoming a VIPMalatesta is still contributing even after becoming a VIPMalatesta is still contributing even after becoming a VIPMalatesta is still contributing even after becoming a VIPMalatesta is still contributing even after becoming a VIPMalatesta is still contributing even after becoming a VIP
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
How to add a WM connection for roaming on Verizon

I cannot verify if this works on not, but it sounds legit. Not exactly an optimal solution as you need to manually switch to it, though I imagine some brainy person here could write a MortScript to do the job in a single button? (G-funk?, ahem).

Update:
I don't think a Mortscript is necessary as there is an "Auto" function to automatically choose the best available connection, so it shouldn't matter in practice.

Credit goes to HoFo and jivesoul for posting the info at SU.

Please post your results/experiences!

Code:
Hey guys. I recently bought a 700wx and noticed that when I was roaming on Verizon's network the Power Vision connection would not work. After much searching of the internet, these forums, and HoFo, I found the following to work and thought I would post it here for future reference:

1. Start -> Settings -> Connections. Add a new modem connection.
2. Name it what you like-- "Verizon Roaming". Under select a modem, leave "Cellular Line". Click next.
3. On the next screen, enter "#777".
4. For the username, enter <MDN>@vzw3g.com where <MDN> is your phone number
5. For the password, enter 'verizon' (no quotes).
6. Click finish.

Now, when you're roaming on VZW, just use this connection and you'll be able to use their 1x data.

A lot of people may wonder how I know that I'm roaming on VZW-- in my case it's when I'm in the DC subway, where they have a monopoly.

Disclaimer: I've used this without roaming charges, but that doesn't mean you won't be. (I have the SERO 500 plan).
Old 06-11-2007, 08:33 PM
The Enforcer
Pocket PC: Samsung Epic 4G, ViewSonic gTablet, BB Bold 9650

Pibe38 is a VIPPibe38 is a VIPPibe38 is a VIPPibe38 is a VIPPibe38 is a VIPPibe38 is a VIPPibe38 is a VIPPibe38 is a VIPPibe38 is a VIPPibe38 is a VIPPibe38 is a VIP
Awesome, thanks for the info as usual!!!

---
Don't forget to Search first!
Old 06-11-2007, 09:49 PM
PPCGeeks Regular

santos is just getting started
I've never had a problem using data while roaming on Verizon. Is this a common problem?
Old 06-11-2007, 11:02 PM
Moderator/WMExperts Staff
Pocket PC: Pure, TP2, Snap, Ozone, Intrepid,Treo Pro
Threadstarter

Malatesta is still contributing even after becoming a VIPMalatesta is still contributing even after becoming a VIPMalatesta is still contributing even after becoming a VIPMalatesta is still contributing even after becoming a VIPMalatesta is still contributing even after becoming a VIPMalatesta is still contributing even after becoming a VIPMalatesta is still contributing even after becoming a VIPMalatesta is still contributing even after becoming a VIPMalatesta is still contributing even after becoming a VIPMalatesta is still contributing even after becoming a VIPMalatesta is still contributing even after becoming a VIP
Quote:
Originally Posted by santos
I've never had a problem using data while roaming on Verizon. Is this a common problem?
Good question.

I'm not too familar with Roaming, Verizon and data but at least in NYC where I think they have some control in the subways/tunnels, etc I can't say that I remember having a data connection while roaming.

Then again, I never paid much attention, so I really have no idea.
Old 06-12-2007, 12:41 AM
PPCGeeks Regular

santos is just getting started
Yeah, I've been on Verizon in the tunnel from Penn Station to Jersey and was able to use 1x internet the whole ride until the very end of the tunnel. Never had any problem connecting.
Old 06-12-2007, 11:34 AM
N00b
Pocket PC: PPC-6700

gilesmartin is a n00b
Send a message via ICQ to gilesmartin Send a message via AIM to gilesmartin Send a message via MSN to gilesmartin Send a message via Yahoo to gilesmartin
ok so here is an interesting question, is it possible to somehow get verizon evdo on my sprint phone?

my area (las cruces, nm) only has evdo from verizon but not sprint. would it be possible to sign up with a plan from verizon and use these connection settings to use their evdo network?
Old 06-19-2007, 10:59 AM
Lurker
Pocket PC: PPC 6700

ski15freak is a n00b
I am assuming all of you are using sprint phones. the login and password seems to work but I have the same interest as gil about the evdo that verizon has beat sprint to in my area the method above doesn't seem to work for that, and I would think you might have to something instead of #777 since isn't that 'calling a sprint tower' or whatever it does, instead of a verizon one.
just hoping till sprint is evdo here to get a speed boost when needed
thanks
Old 06-19-2007, 11:10 AM
The Enforcer
Pocket PC: Samsung Epic 4G, ViewSonic gTablet, BB Bold 9650

Pibe38 is a VIPPibe38 is a VIPPibe38 is a VIPPibe38 is a VIPPibe38 is a VIPPibe38 is a VIPPibe38 is a VIPPibe38 is a VIPPibe38 is a VIPPibe38 is a VIPPibe38 is a VIP
Actually, from what I have read, data roaming is not possible from Sprint's network at the moment. Apparently they have not activated or invested in that feature.
Old 06-19-2007, 11:42 AM
Retired Staff
Pocket PC: Motorola Photon & Bravo
Carrier: Sprint & AT&T PAYG

budney is halfway to VIP status based on repbudney is halfway to VIP status based on repbudney is halfway to VIP status based on repbudney is halfway to VIP status based on repbudney is halfway to VIP status based on repbudney is halfway to VIP status based on repbudney is halfway to VIP status based on repbudney is halfway to VIP status based on repbudney is halfway to VIP status based on rep
Send a message via Yahoo to budney
Don't no how I missed this thread, but I am glad I found it.

This works very well for me. I always had problems connecting to Verizon's data network in my area when I was testing.

http://i108.photobucket.com/albums/n...1249020923.gif http://i108.photobucket.com/albums/n...1249020658.gif
Old 06-22-2007, 12:41 AM
Lurker

ventrue is a n00b
I'm in louisiana...and Sprint has a roaming deal with Alltel, who just implemented EVDO on their towers. So I force roam and have EVDO, every week or two it will act up and say it cant find the modem at #777. Almost all of the time it works fine, I specifically asked ecare if I can leave my phone on roam all the time since it allows me to have EVDO and they told me no problem. hehe. I may one day get a letter, but I got EVDO at least.

Randy

So yes I CAN data roam on sprint.

PPCGeeks > Windows Mobile > General Windows Mobile Discussions > Legacy WM Devices > Palm Treo 700W/WX