PPCGeeks Forums HTC Arrive HTC HD2 HTC Thunderbolt HTC Touch Pro 2 HTC Evo 4G HTC Evo 3D Samsung Galaxy S II Motorola Droid X Apple iPhone Blackberry
Go Back   PPCGeeks > Windows Mobile > General Windows Mobile Discussions > Legacy WM Devices > Palm Treo 700W/WX
Register Community Search

Notices

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 06-06-2007, 11:40 AM
Lurker
Pocket PC: htc mogul
Carrier: sprint

perpaceco is a n00b
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Programs on memory card not running

I was wondering if I was the only one this happened to. All of a sudden programs installed onto the sd card rather than the treo won't run anymore. The programs still say they're there but instead of the regular icons theres that generic "window" icon. It also says something is missing or not trusted. I tried a sprite backup restore and reinstalling and the same thing still. I noticed there was an extra storage card folder created and now my card is "Storage Card2" with the first storage folder empty.
Old 06-06-2007, 12:16 PM
PPCGeeks Regular

baileyjs is a n00b
sounds to me like something got corrupted. Have you installed anything lately? Try clearing the card and the additional folder and starting over. If that doesn't work you may need a new card
Old 06-06-2007, 02:15 PM
The Enforcer
Pocket PC: Samsung Epic 4G, ViewSonic gTablet, BB Bold 9650
Carrier: Sprint

Pibe38 is a VIPPibe38 is a VIPPibe38 is a VIPPibe38 is a VIPPibe38 is a VIPPibe38 is a VIPPibe38 is a VIPPibe38 is a VIPPibe38 is a VIPPibe38 is a VIPPibe38 is a VIP
It's not corrupted, the Storage Card2 error is common when setting up cache or e-mail attachments to be saved to the card.

First thing is check that the Storage Card folder is empty (it may have some temp file, but usually it's safe to delete). Then delete it. Remove and reinsert your SD card and then the Storage Card2 folder should disappear and become plain Storage Card again after reinserting. This will make your apps installed on the card work again.

You can either keep doing that every time the Storage Card2 appears, or move all the cache and/or set the e-mail attachements to be stored back to the device so the issue doesn't happen again.

It happened to me specifically when I set POutlook to save attachments to the card. I don't know why it creates a folder called Storage Card hence making the original card to be Storage Card2, but when this happens all the shortcuts on the device still look for the apps on the path Storage Card\Program Files and since the real content of the card is under Storage Card2\Program Files it doesn't find them.

Hope this helps...

---
Don't forget to Search first!
Old 06-07-2007, 11:29 PM
Lurker
Pocket PC: htc mogul
Carrier: sprint
Threadstarter

perpaceco is a n00b
Thanks for the responses. The last program I installed before this was that b.s. youtube downloader which is in a thread here. I actually deleted the storage card folder and reinserted my card. The card went back to its default self but the programs still don't work, even newly installed ones. My next step is reformatting.

PPCGeeks > Windows Mobile > General Windows Mobile Discussions > Legacy WM Devices > Palm Treo 700W/WX