PPCGeeks Forums HTC Arrive HTC HD2 HTC Thunderbolt HTC Touch Pro 2 HTC Evo 4G HTC Evo 3D Samsung Galaxy S II Motorola Droid X Apple iPhone Blackberry
Go Back   PPCGeeks > Windows Mobile > General Windows Mobile Discussions > Legacy WM Devices > Palm Treo 700W/WX
Register Community Search

Notices

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 06-04-2007, 03:50 PM
PPCGeeks Regular
Pocket PC: AT&T Fuze
Carrier: AT&T

kbcherry is a n00b
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Internet Explorer Shutting Down Unexpectedly

Hi All,

I've done quite a bit of searching on here and I can't find anything that sounds close to my problem. I've had my Treo since February and have loaded quite a bit of stuff on it (thanks to you all) and all has been well until now. I finally this past weekend loaded up the MMS App for Picture Mail, and now, for some reason, IE is shutting down in the middle of my browsing. Some times I can bring it right back up, other times when I click on it it will refuse to open. I don't see how it could be related to MMS but that is the best I can come up with. Does anyone have any idea or experienced anything similar? In addition to that I have the following loaded:

PIEPlus
Weather Panel/Chameleon
Treo Alerts
Hidelogo
Teksoft Speakerphone
Google Maps
SmartDevice (Email Options)
SPB Time
Ilauncher
TCPMP
MemMaid
Resco
Sprite
A2DP Hack
Live Search

Any help would be greatly appreciated.

Thanks!
Old 06-04-2007, 04:00 PM
What I do is a Lou Thang
Pocket PC: Incredibl / Bold
Carrier: Verizon

wowthatisrandom is becoming a PPCGeeks regularwowthatisrandom is becoming a PPCGeeks regularwowthatisrandom is becoming a PPCGeeks regularwowthatisrandom is becoming a PPCGeeks regular
Send a message via AIM to wowthatisrandom Send a message via MSN to wowthatisrandom Send a message via Yahoo to wowthatisrandom
i have never heard of such a thing... sounds very odd, i am running a godod majority of those problems and have never had a problem... how long does it take to crash? did u make a backup prior to the MMS hack installation? like you said nothing listed in the above programs should cause this too happen
Old 06-04-2007, 04:13 PM
PPCGeeks Regular
Threadstarter

kbcherry is a n00b
I did make a back up. Actually I first installed MMS on the storage card. I was having this problem and thought I was also having a delay waiting for the card to wake up when I was accessing messaging. So I reverted back and installed to my device. Still having the problem so I removed PIEPlus, thinking it was directly related to IE, but still having the problem. The MMS App is slick, so before getting rid of it I searched the forums last night and today to see if I could find a resolution. Then I figured I would post. I'll give it a day or so and if no one can help me I will probably just load the back up. Thanks for posting though.
Old 06-04-2007, 06:20 PM
Moderator/WMExperts Staff
Pocket PC: Pure, TP2, Snap, Ozone, Intrepid,Treo Pro
Carrier: Sprint

Malatesta is still contributing even after becoming a VIPMalatesta is still contributing even after becoming a VIPMalatesta is still contributing even after becoming a VIPMalatesta is still contributing even after becoming a VIPMalatesta is still contributing even after becoming a VIPMalatesta is still contributing even after becoming a VIPMalatesta is still contributing even after becoming a VIPMalatesta is still contributing even after becoming a VIPMalatesta is still contributing even after becoming a VIPMalatesta is still contributing even after becoming a VIPMalatesta is still contributing even after becoming a VIP
actually, this is a very common problem and is usually related to a couple of things:

1) did you do a hack to move the PIE cache to the SD Card?
2) have you cleared your PIE cache/cookies/temp files in case of a corrupted page?
3) did your PIE+ trial end? (did you remove the registry settings for PIE+ after the uninstall?)
4) Have you tried disabling PIE cache (reg hack, can be done via Tweaks2k2 too)?
Old 06-04-2007, 08:09 PM
PPCGeeks Regular

santos is just getting started
Malatesta hit it right on the head. I had this happen and it was due to the PIE cache being on my SD card. I used Tweaks2k2 to move it there.

I don't move the cache any longer, nor do I touch Tweaks. It's such crappy software now.
Old 06-04-2007, 08:22 PM
PPCGeeks Regular
Threadstarter

kbcherry is a n00b
I absolutely do have my pie cache on my sd card via MemMaid. Thanks for the help guys! I wonder why the problem surfaced after installing MMS. Who cares I guess as long as I can fix it. I will switch it back over and let u know how it goes. This forum rocks!
Old 06-04-2007, 09:10 PM
PPCGeeks Regular
Pocket PC: Treo 800w & HTC Snap (wife's)

DavidIQ is a n00b
Send a message via AIM to DavidIQ
Actually...this has been happening to me whenever I click on a news story for Yahoo! News in pRSSReader but only with their particular pages. If I change the view mode to desktop it doesn't crap out on me but then I have to be scrolling more than usual...
Old 06-04-2007, 11:46 PM
Coz-erator
Pocket PC: Sprint Galaxy Note 2 & other misc digital devices

CozBoogie can't get a higher reputation levelCozBoogie can't get a higher reputation levelCozBoogie can't get a higher reputation levelCozBoogie can't get a higher reputation levelCozBoogie can't get a higher reputation levelCozBoogie can't get a higher reputation levelCozBoogie can't get a higher reputation levelCozBoogie can't get a higher reputation levelCozBoogie can't get a higher reputation levelCozBoogie can't get a higher reputation levelCozBoogie can't get a higher reputation level
Mentioned: 2 Post(s)
Send a message via MSN to CozBoogie Send a message via Yahoo to CozBoogie
I too have my cache on my card and sometimes get the PIE crash. Maybe I'll move it back to my main memory. We'll see.

late,
Coz
Old 06-05-2007, 10:57 AM
PPCGeeks Regular
Threadstarter

kbcherry is a n00b
Well with your help it appears that my problem has been fixed. And I'm glad I didn't just give up and remove the MMS appl. Mine may have been two fold, I'm not sure. I disabled the functionality in MemMaid and moved my IE cache back to my device. I also noticed that I had some corrupted cache on both my sd card and and on my device that neither IE or MemMaid was deleting. It kept saying the files were in use. So I used Resco Explorer and manually delted everything in my IE 5.0 folders in both locations. All of last night and this morning I had no problem. Thanks for the help guys!
Old 06-11-2007, 04:13 PM
Post Master General
Pocket PC: White Evo: Myn's TPT RLS5, Stock Kernel
Carrier: The "NOW" Network

InvincibleLiving should be added to the payroll for their contributionsInvincibleLiving should be added to the payroll for their contributionsInvincibleLiving should be added to the payroll for their contributionsInvincibleLiving should be added to the payroll for their contributionsInvincibleLiving should be added to the payroll for their contributionsInvincibleLiving should be added to the payroll for their contributionsInvincibleLiving should be added to the payroll for their contributionsInvincibleLiving should be added to the payroll for their contributionsInvincibleLiving should be added to the payroll for their contributionsInvincibleLiving should be added to the payroll for their contributionsInvincibleLiving should be added to the payroll for their contributions
Ok so what should i do if i've never had memmaid, my PIE crashes as described by others here but i have never moved the cache to my sd card. can someone tell me what reg string to check and the correct string that should appear so i can troubleshoot this? Thanks

PPCGeeks > Windows Mobile > General Windows Mobile Discussions > Legacy WM Devices > Palm Treo 700W/WX