PPCGeeks Forums HTC Arrive HTC HD2 HTC Thunderbolt HTC Touch Pro 2 HTC Evo 4G HTC Evo 3D Samsung Galaxy S II Motorola Droid X Apple iPhone Blackberry
Go Back   PPCGeeks > Windows Mobile > General Windows Mobile Discussions > Legacy WM Devices > Palm Treo 700W/WX

Notices

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 05-31-2007, 06:19 AM
PPCGeeks Regular
Pocket PC: Palm Pre
Carrier: Sprint

nitty917 is a n00b
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Threaded Text (storing)

I am using the threading messaging program, i was wondering if there a way to change the default setting where it stores the message on the storage card instead of the main memory. I keep all my messages and do not delete them. When the chat box become a long conversation i notice my phone slow down tremendously. Any help will be greatly appreciate it. Thanks
Old 05-31-2007, 01:42 PM
PPCGeeks Regular

santos is just getting started
I'm interested in this as well, though I don't think it's possible to move the location of the file (in the Windows directory now). Mine is about 10mb because I too do not delete my texts. One day I will have to.
Old 05-31-2007, 03:20 PM
Retired Staff
Pocket PC: iPhone4
Carrier: AT&T

Certs is halfway to VIP status based on repCerts is halfway to VIP status based on repCerts is halfway to VIP status based on repCerts is halfway to VIP status based on repCerts is halfway to VIP status based on repCerts is halfway to VIP status based on repCerts is halfway to VIP status based on repCerts is halfway to VIP status based on repCerts is halfway to VIP status based on repCerts is halfway to VIP status based on repCerts is halfway to VIP status based on rep
Mentioned: 1 Post(s)
I would say ALMOST impossible (anything is possible I guess) because if you get a text message when the phone is asleep you're done...
Old 06-01-2007, 02:04 AM
PPCGeeks Regular
Pocket PC: EVO 3D/Touch Pro 2/Touch Pro/Treo 700wx
Carrier: Sprint

jeffH70 is becoming a great contributor
It should be doable but since I am not using threaded messaging, I do not know which registry key to look for. Howver, you can easily do it for Pocket Outlook as it is stored in the following entry:

HKCU\Software\Microsoft\MAPI\PropertyPath

Default value should be \Windows\Messaging and I changed to \Strorage Card\Messaging.

If you use Spb backup, they have a free tool called Spb Backup Unpack, which can take a backup file and dump it on your PC, including the registry in text format. Once dumped, you can do a global search and find out which registry key has value "\Windows\Messaging".

By the way, I never lost any email or txt messaging due to storing on the card but again I backup them often just in case.

Jeff

PPCGeeks > Windows Mobile > General Windows Mobile Discussions > Legacy WM Devices > Palm Treo 700W/WX