PPCGeeks Forums HTC Arrive HTC HD2 HTC Thunderbolt HTC Touch Pro 2 HTC Evo 4G HTC Evo 3D Samsung Galaxy S II Motorola Droid X Apple iPhone Blackberry
Go Back   PPCGeeks > Windows Mobile > General Windows Mobile Discussions > Legacy WM Devices > Palm Treo 700W/WX
Register Community Search

Notices

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 05-30-2007, 05:30 PM
Lurker

hottlikefiyah is a n00b
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
NOT RECIEVING PHONE CALLS ON SPRINT 700WX

I have noticed that I am not recieving all of my phone calls and I found out why. Is there a hack for this?
I have my phone to interrupt the data connection for the phone call but that only applies to EVDO. How can i do this for all type of data connections EVDO AND 1xRTT data connections?

Why don't the alerts appear?
There are a few conditions that will prevent notification of incoming calls.

You are actively transferring data on a certain type of Internet connection
Your smartphone's Password, Owner Information, and Ringer settings are obscuring the Incoming Call alert

You are actively transferring data on a certain type of Internet connection
Your mobile service provider may use different kinds of Internet connections, depending on your geographic location. Some of these connection types allow you to receive calls while actively transferring data; others do not.

For example, Verizon Wireless offers two types of Internet connection: BroadbandAccess (EVDO) and NationalAccess (1xRTT). You won't be able to select the type of connection, because it is provided automatically by the closest cell tower. You can see which type of connection your phone is currently using by looking at the top of the Today screen. If there's an EV icon, you're using BroadbandAccess. If there's a 1X icon, you're using NationalAccess.

Here's the catch: if a BroadbandAccess (EVDO) connection is active, you will be notified of incoming calls. When you receive the call, the data transmission is automatically interrupted. However, if a NationalAccess (1xRTT) connection is active, you will not be notified of incoming calls. They will go directly to voicemail.

this is from palms website
http://kb.palm.com/SRVS/CGI-BIN/WEBC...bj(41734)#data
Old 05-30-2007, 05:51 PM
Lurker

compmanio365 is a n00b
Hi, first post, I am new here, been downloading all the cool stuff for my Treo 700wx

The problem is you only have one radio built into the Treo, and it is either in Data or Voice mode. Like you can't be on your phone and on dial up internet at the same time; the line is taken up by one or the other.

If you set your Activesync to only sync manually and go up to the "EV" icon next to the signal meter, click on the EV icon, then select disconnect, you should be able to avoid missing calls in 1X areas.....problem is then that you only have on demand data, and you won't get email as it arrives.......
Old 05-30-2007, 07:24 PM
Chillin' with my Geeks!
Pocket PC: Epic 4G & Iphone is my toy :)
Carrier: Sprint/PPCGeeks

GirlGoneGeek should be added to the payroll for their contributionsGirlGoneGeek should be added to the payroll for their contributionsGirlGoneGeek should be added to the payroll for their contributionsGirlGoneGeek should be added to the payroll for their contributionsGirlGoneGeek should be added to the payroll for their contributionsGirlGoneGeek should be added to the payroll for their contributionsGirlGoneGeek should be added to the payroll for their contributionsGirlGoneGeek should be added to the payroll for their contributionsGirlGoneGeek should be added to the payroll for their contributionsGirlGoneGeek should be added to the payroll for their contributionsGirlGoneGeek should be added to the payroll for their contributions
Mentioned: 1 Post(s)
hello

well for the first question up there I can't say if there's a fix, ask wideawake that one, but I can say that this happens also on Sprint's EVDO and 1x networks! I hate it personally myself and can't wait until they fix that. I'd hate to have to turn the EVDO off though. Is that what u are saying we have to do?

If you wanna make the world a better place take a look at yourself and then make a change ~Michael Jackson
Old 05-31-2007, 02:35 AM
Lurker
Threadstarter

hottlikefiyah is a n00b
I know there has to be a hack. Verizon doesnt have this problem. Is sprint even working on this?
Old 05-31-2007, 02:22 PM
The Enforcer
Pocket PC: Samsung Epic 4G, ViewSonic gTablet, BB Bold 9650
Carrier: Sprint

Pibe38 is a VIPPibe38 is a VIPPibe38 is a VIPPibe38 is a VIPPibe38 is a VIPPibe38 is a VIPPibe38 is a VIPPibe38 is a VIPPibe38 is a VIPPibe38 is a VIPPibe38 is a VIP
As far as I know and have read in other places, there's no workaround for phone calls interrupting the data transfer while the 1xRTT is active.

However, if someone knows of one... please enlighten us!

---
Don't forget to Search first!
Old 05-31-2007, 03:23 PM
Retired Staff
Pocket PC: iPhone4
Carrier: AT&T

Certs is halfway to VIP status based on repCerts is halfway to VIP status based on repCerts is halfway to VIP status based on repCerts is halfway to VIP status based on repCerts is halfway to VIP status based on repCerts is halfway to VIP status based on repCerts is halfway to VIP status based on repCerts is halfway to VIP status based on repCerts is halfway to VIP status based on repCerts is halfway to VIP status based on repCerts is halfway to VIP status based on rep
Mentioned: 1 Post(s)
Verizon a year or so ago upgraded their towers to allow 1x to be interrupted. Last I heard Sprint does not. If its active there is no hack for this, it has to be done by Sprint the way Verizon did.

PPCGeeks > Windows Mobile > General Windows Mobile Discussions > Legacy WM Devices > Palm Treo 700W/WX