PPCGeeks Forums HTC Arrive HTC HD2 HTC Thunderbolt HTC Touch Pro 2 HTC Evo 4G HTC Evo 3D Samsung Galaxy S II Motorola Droid X Apple iPhone Blackberry
Go Back   PPCGeeks > Windows Mobile > General Windows Mobile Discussions > Legacy WM Devices > Palm Treo 700W/WX
Register Community Search

Notices

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 05-27-2007, 04:56 PM
Moderator/WMExperts Staff
Pocket PC: Pure, TP2, Snap, Ozone, Intrepid,Treo Pro
Carrier: Sprint

Malatesta is still contributing even after becoming a VIPMalatesta is still contributing even after becoming a VIPMalatesta is still contributing even after becoming a VIPMalatesta is still contributing even after becoming a VIPMalatesta is still contributing even after becoming a VIPMalatesta is still contributing even after becoming a VIPMalatesta is still contributing even after becoming a VIPMalatesta is still contributing even after becoming a VIPMalatesta is still contributing even after becoming a VIPMalatesta is still contributing even after becoming a VIPMalatesta is still contributing even after becoming a VIP
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
(Simple) LED Alert for Missed Notifications: done (again?)

So this is no way is meant to take away from the great TreoAlerts program/development project which does much more than this little guy.

But I was looking for something simple to just blink the LED for email, SMS, Voicemail, etc and I didn't see it posted here (if it was I'll remove this thread, just put a post or PM me...I've been away from the PPC side for 6 months, lol)

I've tested it with SMS and Email and it works great. Basically it just checks every 10 seconds for a message and then blinks the LED (green). I have not tested it for VM and Missed Calls, so maybe someone wants to try?

There is no UI. You just drop the .exe in \Windows\Startup and that's it. No Mortscript.

Comes from the XDA/750 forum and was developed by acowx (<-- click for more information).

Directions:

1) Download and put SdkCerts.cab on device and run/install
2) Drop msgled.exe into \Windows\Startup
3) Reset
Attached Files
File Type: zip msgled_870.zip (16.6 KB, 65 views) Click for barcode!
File Type: zip sdkcerts_177.zip (4.7 KB, 78 views) Click for barcode!
Old 05-27-2007, 07:36 PM
Retired Staff
Pocket PC: Motorola Photon & Bravo
Carrier: Sprint & AT&T PAYG

budney is halfway to VIP status based on repbudney is halfway to VIP status based on repbudney is halfway to VIP status based on repbudney is halfway to VIP status based on repbudney is halfway to VIP status based on repbudney is halfway to VIP status based on repbudney is halfway to VIP status based on repbudney is halfway to VIP status based on repbudney is halfway to VIP status based on rep
Send a message via Yahoo to budney
Cool stuff!

Missed Calls & Voice Mail work well too.

Thanks Mal

http://i108.photobucket.com/albums/n...1249020923.gif http://i108.photobucket.com/albums/n...1249020658.gif
Old 05-27-2007, 09:51 PM
Threadstarter

Malatesta is still contributing even after becoming a VIPMalatesta is still contributing even after becoming a VIPMalatesta is still contributing even after becoming a VIPMalatesta is still contributing even after becoming a VIPMalatesta is still contributing even after becoming a VIPMalatesta is still contributing even after becoming a VIPMalatesta is still contributing even after becoming a VIPMalatesta is still contributing even after becoming a VIPMalatesta is still contributing even after becoming a VIPMalatesta is still contributing even after becoming a VIPMalatesta is still contributing even after becoming a VIP
Quote:
Originally Posted by budney
Cool stuff!

Missed Calls & Voice Mail work well too.

Thanks Mal
Great! Glad to hear. Yeah it's a nice simple solution. I'm surprised it works so well on the 700wx as I thought it had different LED controls from the 750.
Old 05-27-2007, 10:03 PM
Retired Staff
Pocket PC: Motorola Photon & Bravo
Carrier: Sprint & AT&T PAYG

budney is halfway to VIP status based on repbudney is halfway to VIP status based on repbudney is halfway to VIP status based on repbudney is halfway to VIP status based on repbudney is halfway to VIP status based on repbudney is halfway to VIP status based on repbudney is halfway to VIP status based on repbudney is halfway to VIP status based on repbudney is halfway to VIP status based on rep
Send a message via Yahoo to budney
I don't think their is much difference with the green LED, but the Red & Orange are a different story if I read the Treo Alert Thread correctly.
Old 09-21-2007, 12:13 AM
PPCGeeks Regular
Pocket PC: Tilt 2/ Touch Pro 2
Carrier: AT&T

cincy1020 is a n00b
Hi:
I finally got this working on my Treo 750, and I just wanted to say thanks Malatesta!
Very cool
Old 09-21-2007, 01:38 AM
PPCGeeks Regular

cincy1020 is a n00b
Hi:
Although this is a GREAT application, I decided to remove it, I easily removed sdkcerts, but when i try to remove msgled it says there is a sharing violation, file may be in use.
How can I delete msgled?
Thanks Again!
Old 09-21-2007, 03:25 PM
Threadstarter

Quote:
Originally Posted by cincy1020 View Post
Hi:
Although this is a GREAT application, I decided to remove it, I easily removed sdkcerts, but when i try to remove msgled it says there is a sharing violation, file may be in use.
How can I delete msgled?
Thanks Again!
it launches with your system, so you need to remove the shortcut from \Windows\Startup

reset the device

now delete the main .exe

Also, if you have a process viewer, like MemMaid 2, you can just kill it and delete it.
Old 09-21-2007, 03:31 PM
PPCGeeks Regular

cincy1020 is a n00b
Hi:
Thanks so much for your reply. Well, I was not able to figure out how to remove it lol. When I try to delete it from Wondows/ Startup just gives me the file is in use message. Could the problem be that I have already removed sdkcerts file (is this the main .exe you referred to)? Will it hurt anything if I just leave it there? I installed Treo Alert also.
Thanks!
Old 09-26-2007, 10:46 PM
Lurker
Pocket PC: Treo 700wx

BigDaddy718 is a n00b
hey I'm trying to get it on my treo 700wx and doesnt want to instal for me whats up? ow do I get it to work?
Old 09-27-2007, 01:22 PM
Threadstarter

Quote:
Originally Posted by cincy1020 View Post
Hi:
Thanks so much for your reply. Well, I was not able to figure out how to remove it lol. When I try to delete it from Wondows/ Startup just gives me the file is in use message. Could the problem be that I have already removed sdkcerts file (is this the main .exe you referred to)? Will it hurt anything if I just leave it there? I installed Treo Alert also.
Thanks!
Sorry for taking so long to get back.

You'll need a process viewer, like in MemMaid or some other free type (search the ppc freeware sites) and you need to disable the program, then remove it from \Windows\Startup

Essentially, you are trying to delete a running .exe file, which obviously can't be done.

Bigdaddy: I have no idea. If you followed the steps outlined in my post and it doesn't work, I'm not sure why. Just make sure it's going to main mem.

PPCGeeks > Windows Mobile > General Windows Mobile Discussions > Legacy WM Devices > Palm Treo 700W/WX