PPCGeeks

PPCGeeks (http://forum.ppcgeeks.com/index.php)
-   Palm Treo 700W/WX (http://forum.ppcgeeks.com/forumdisplay.php?f=15)
-   -   Phonealarm and Voicemail (http://forum.ppcgeeks.com/showthread.php?t=4585)

Jonahan 05-26-2007 10:11 PM

Phonealarm and Voicemail

I'm testing out PhoneAlarm, and I've noticed something odd. When I get a new missed call, or new sms, or new email, PhoneAlarm acts accordingly. For instance, if I'm running the Jinks PA skin, that icon will turn red, and the count will increase. However, it's not doing that for voicemail. When I get a new voicemail, the count increases, but the icon doesn't change (and the text used for the count doesn't change to the alert color.)

Any ideas of what might be going on? Or does anybody even know what I'm talking about.

Pibe38 05-26-2007 11:39 PM

That's odd. What version of PA? Have you tried other skins? I know for a fact that if you get 2 new voicemails it will always show 1 on Sprint, but that's because the way Sprint works, it lets the device know there are new voicemail messages, but not the amount... or at least that's what I read somewhere...

But when I get a voicemail the laert does change color, I use JinksClear on 1.58 BTW.

Jonahan 05-26-2007 11:58 PM

I'm using the Jinks skin, but I'm not sure if it's the "clear" one.. however, the same behavior happens with the default skins too.

I've tried both the light and the full versions from the PocketMax website (1.60.1) and they both behave the same.

Pibe38 05-27-2007 01:08 PM

I would report it on their forums. Although i know for a fact some of the older skins need to be updated in order to work on the new 1.60 version, so you may be working off an older version of the skin.

That's why I haven't updated to PA 1.60

Jonahan 05-27-2007 03:21 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Pibe38
I would report it on their forums. Although i know for a fact some of the older skins need to be updated in order to work on the new 1.60 version, so you may be working off an older version of the skin.

That's why I haven't updated to PA 1.60

Yeah, but, again, the same issue happens with the default skin that gets installed w/ PA, so I don't think it's a skin issue. I've posted on their forums, and noticed that at least one other person reported the exact same issue... We'll see what happens.

Jonahan 05-29-2007 10:18 AM

Quote:

But when I get a voicemail the laert does change color, I use JinksClear on 1.58 BTW.

Bruce at PocketMax told me to use the "Broker" option. That fixes the problem, but it's not a very "clean" fix. If anything redraws the Today screen or the PhoneAlarm skin, the notification disappears.

Oh well...

Pibe38 05-29-2007 12:26 PM

No idea what that option is, may be new with 1.60

Jonahan 05-30-2007 08:01 PM

Quote:

No idea what that option is, may be new with 1.60

I still don't know what the system broker is, exactly, but he was using it by default in 1.58, that's why it still worked for me. However, after quite a bit of testing, sending logs, retesting, sending logs, etc., he fixed all the issues. Needless to say, I'm very pleased =) You sure don't get that kind of support from most developers...

Jonathan

Pibe38 05-31-2007 02:17 PM

Yeah, Bruce is pretty good when it comes to making his software better and helping users. Glad a fix is in the works!