PPCGeeks Forums HTC Arrive HTC HD2 HTC Thunderbolt HTC Touch Pro 2 HTC Evo 4G HTC Evo 3D Samsung Galaxy S II Motorola Droid X Apple iPhone Blackberry
Go Back   PPCGeeks > Windows Mobile > General Windows Mobile Discussions > Legacy WM Devices > Palm Treo 700W/WX
Register Community Search

Notices

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 05-25-2007, 10:45 PM
N00b

jgctx is a n00b
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
700wx and tomtom one connection

I have just bought a tomtom one gps device and I am having a major issue trying to get my treo 700wx to connect to the tomtom for the wireless data service to get traffic and weather.

I have been using tomtom 6.1 on my phone and a bluetooth gps, but I travel so much I really need to make my phone, just a phone.

When I try to connect the Tomtom one it seaches for the phone, finds its as a treo and ask if that is what I want to connect to. I click yes and then it says that service is not found on my phone...there has to be a work around...any one got any ideas or gotten this to work...
Old 06-19-2007, 10:55 AM
Lurker
Pocket PC: PPC6800
Carrier: Alltel

flash13 is a n00b
Re: 700wx and tomtom one connection

Quote:
Originally Posted by jgctx
I have just bought a tomtom one gps device and I am having a major issue trying to get my treo 700wx to connect to the tomtom for the wireless data service to get traffic and weather.

I have been using tomtom 6.1 on my phone and a bluetooth gps, but I travel so much I really need to make my phone, just a phone.

When I try to connect the Tomtom one it seaches for the phone, finds its as a treo and ask if that is what I want to connect to. I click yes and then it says that service is not found on my phone...there has to be a work around...any one got any ideas or gotten this to work...
I just got my TomTom One and I'm having the same problem. Did you find a way to get this working? Does anyone out there have any suggestions?

Thanks!
Old 07-26-2007, 11:31 PM
Lurker

bastiphan is a n00b
Anyone get anything on this? I am having the same problem.
Old 07-27-2007, 07:33 AM
Lurker
Pocket PC: PPC6800
Carrier: Alltel

flash13 is a n00b
I contacted TomTom support and they told me they don't support the phone or my network (Alltel.) I tried several times to set it up manually and I could get it to connect to the phone but never had any luck past that point so I gave up.

If anyone figures this out it would be great. If not, I'll deal. The TomTom is a great little GPS either way.
Old 08-07-2007, 04:40 PM
PPCGeeks Regular
Pocket PC: EVO 4G
Carrier: Sprint

billyman is becoming a great contributor
I have delved into this numerous times trying numerous things. I have a strong feeling that it s possible, but it's likely going to take someone w/ some knowledge of the network you're using (for me it's Sprint).

PPCGeeks > Windows Mobile > General Windows Mobile Discussions > Legacy WM Devices > Palm Treo 700W/WX