PPCGeeks

PPCGeeks (http://forum.ppcgeeks.com/index.php)
-   Palm Treo 700W/WX (http://forum.ppcgeeks.com/forumdisplay.php?f=15)
-   -   Interested in a DIFFERENT Keyboard Button Light Application (http://forum.ppcgeeks.com/showthread.php?t=4541)

Endeffect 05-24-2007 03:41 PM

Interested in a DIFFERENT Keyboard Button Light Application

Okay, I see the PocketMax Keylight application, but I was looking for something a little more... erm... Flashy.

Is there any way to have a program made where you can individually control each LED to flash in patterns when the phone rings?

Something like this would be incredibly awesome!

CozBoogie 05-24-2007 04:00 PM

Look for something called "PimpMyPhone" :D

late,
Coz

Honestly...I don't think there is anything out there that will allow you to control the individual LED's

Endeffect 05-24-2007 04:33 PM

Well, just because it isnt out there doesn't mean the CHALLENGE isn't out there now.

I know we can turn the lights on and off... I guess it is a matter of wether each individual LED can be controlled.

Anyone up to the challenge?

Boxt 05-26-2007 02:23 AM

OH YES THERE IS.WE JUST ADDED RED LED FOR MISSED CALL,S....ORANGE LED FOR SMS && EMAIL....GREEN BLINK FOR VMAIL.THE TA BETA VERSION 10 THAT HOLDS THOSE GOODIES WILL BE RELEASED TOMMROW AFTERNOON.WE WILL BE ADDING A LED OPTION IN THE VERY NEAR FUTURE WERE YOU CAN SET A LED COLOR BLINK TO WHAT EVERY PENDING YOU WANT

SVT6700 05-26-2007 10:42 AM

does this also apply to the keyboard or just the led at the top of the device...

crazie.eddie 05-26-2007 02:32 PM

That would be cool to make each led on the keyboard light up individually, although I doubt it's possible. I would have to think they are all setup in series so they all turn on at the same time and not in parallel. I could be wrong, since I remember seeing a pic of someone having half the keyboard leds on. Of course, it could be doctored pic.

Pibe38 05-26-2007 06:37 PM

I'm sure Boxt only means the top LED.

And I believe the original poster means that he/she's looking for a way to control each individual keyboard LED.

Endeffect 05-29-2007 11:14 AM

Correct. I am referring to the keyboard LED's. If they are all wired as one, then the idea is shot in the foot, but if they are wired and controlled individually (Much smarter idea in my opinion, dont want all of them going out because one is shot in the a$$), then we are in business.

So, anyone know the keyboard layout? Can this be done?

Malatesta 05-29-2007 12:55 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Endeffect
Correct. I am referring to the keyboard LED's. If they are all wired as one, then the idea is shot in the foot, but if they are wired and controlled individually (Much smarter idea in my opinion, dont want all of them going out because one is shot in the a$$), then we are in business.

So, anyone know the keyboard layout? Can this be done?

they are all wired as one (or maybe two--each half) in the sense of system level control, but obviously you can have a "bad" LED causing you to loose one key (although I have yet to hear of this happening).

I think the idea of individually controlling keys for LEDs/notifications is implausible.

But if anyone has other information they can feel free to add to this discussion. :thumbleft: