PPCGeeks Forums HTC Arrive HTC HD2 HTC Thunderbolt HTC Touch Pro 2 HTC Evo 4G HTC Evo 3D Samsung Galaxy S II Motorola Droid X Apple iPhone Blackberry
Go Back   PPCGeeks > Windows Mobile > General Windows Mobile Discussions > Legacy WM Devices > Palm Treo 700W/WX

Notices

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 05-20-2007, 07:21 PM
VIP Member
Pocket PC: Samsung Note 4
Carrier: Verizon

syrguy1969 should be added to the payroll for their contributionssyrguy1969 should be added to the payroll for their contributionssyrguy1969 should be added to the payroll for their contributionssyrguy1969 should be added to the payroll for their contributionssyrguy1969 should be added to the payroll for their contributionssyrguy1969 should be added to the payroll for their contributionssyrguy1969 should be added to the payroll for their contributionssyrguy1969 should be added to the payroll for their contributionssyrguy1969 should be added to the payroll for their contributionssyrguy1969 should be added to the payroll for their contributionssyrguy1969 should be added to the payroll for their contributions
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Memory help!!!

I have looked around, and used a couple cleaning utilities (mem-maid...), and I figured I would try here. I still hace about 70% of my memory free on my WX, but it is all in program. My storage memory is critically low, and I have done all I can think of to empty it, mem-maid, SK Tools, deleting files, I have emptied all the obvious caches (explorer...) and I have all my apps except for Today screen and an alarm clock on an SD card. Any suggestions? At best I can only free up my storage memory to about 2.5-3 mb.

Help!!
Old 05-20-2007, 11:11 PM
PPCGeeks Regular

santos is just getting started
Maybe go through your directories via Resco or some other file manager to see what directories are taking up the most space. Or, go to Start|Settings|Memory and click the "Find large files using storage memory" link to see what's taking up your space.
Old 05-21-2007, 12:08 AM
Coz-erator
Pocket PC: Sprint Galaxy Note 2 & other misc digital devices
Carrier: Sprint

CozBoogie can't get a higher reputation levelCozBoogie can't get a higher reputation levelCozBoogie can't get a higher reputation levelCozBoogie can't get a higher reputation levelCozBoogie can't get a higher reputation levelCozBoogie can't get a higher reputation levelCozBoogie can't get a higher reputation levelCozBoogie can't get a higher reputation levelCozBoogie can't get a higher reputation levelCozBoogie can't get a higher reputation levelCozBoogie can't get a higher reputation level
Mentioned: 2 Post(s)
Send a message via MSN to CozBoogie Send a message via Yahoo to CozBoogie
Do you have a bunch of emails in Outlook? What about text messaging? Clear those bad boys out. Make sure that MemMaid or SK Tools is clearing out the correct folders for temp internet folders. You may have to go into your Windows menu and manually delete some.

Do you have a lot of pic/vids saved?

late,
Coz
Old 05-21-2007, 08:57 AM
VIP Member
Threadstarter

syrguy1969 should be added to the payroll for their contributionssyrguy1969 should be added to the payroll for their contributionssyrguy1969 should be added to the payroll for their contributionssyrguy1969 should be added to the payroll for their contributionssyrguy1969 should be added to the payroll for their contributionssyrguy1969 should be added to the payroll for their contributionssyrguy1969 should be added to the payroll for their contributionssyrguy1969 should be added to the payroll for their contributionssyrguy1969 should be added to the payroll for their contributionssyrguy1969 should be added to the payroll for their contributionssyrguy1969 should be added to the payroll for their contributions
I don't use outlook, just POP mail, and I do not have any currently saved (only get one or two every great while, read + delete). I don't use messaging at all! I have cleared out the temp files, and relocated the IE and histoey folders to my SD card with SK tools.I went through the settings and deleted all the files I thought were expendable, I did not use, or did not remember. I keep all pics and vids on my SD card as well. I appreciate all the suggestions, and I do double check as I see them here so I am sure I got it right, I am still at about 2.5 mb though, and didn't know if there was something obvious I was missing, since I don't store any files in the main memory, just a few apps.

Thanks for the input so far!!
Old 05-21-2007, 12:06 PM
Coz-erator
Pocket PC: Sprint Galaxy Note 2 & other misc digital devices

CozBoogie can't get a higher reputation levelCozBoogie can't get a higher reputation levelCozBoogie can't get a higher reputation levelCozBoogie can't get a higher reputation levelCozBoogie can't get a higher reputation levelCozBoogie can't get a higher reputation levelCozBoogie can't get a higher reputation levelCozBoogie can't get a higher reputation levelCozBoogie can't get a higher reputation levelCozBoogie can't get a higher reputation levelCozBoogie can't get a higher reputation level
Mentioned: 2 Post(s)
Send a message via MSN to CozBoogie Send a message via Yahoo to CozBoogie
Well then the next obvious question is....how many (and which ones) programs/apps do you have load into the device and on the storage card? Even though you may have assigned an app to load on the storage card some of them default to the main memory.

Keep us posted.

late,
Coz
Old 05-21-2007, 12:38 PM
VIP Member
Threadstarter

On the device I have:

hidelogo
SPB PocketPlus
SPB Backup
SPB PhoneSuite
googlemaps
Weatherpanel (with tabs, animated menu, + pilot)
rltoday (I may get rid of that I guess)
small menu
PIM Birthdays (I thought I put that on the card)
and an alarm clock

on the card:

ui tweaker
wolfclock
expense diary
craisy daisy
pyramids
sudoku
cubis
capscreen
pong
imov
kevtris
resco
mortplayer
SK Tools

(more than I thought, but wouldn't these apps fall into the program memory, or is that allocated for just the 'running' programs, leaving the instalation still in the storage memory (maybe that is the missing piece in my thinking?)!!)
Old 05-21-2007, 08:18 PM
PPCGeeks Regular

santos is just getting started
Did you do as I asked to find large files on your device?

Go to Start|Settings|Memory and click the "Find large files using storage memory" link to see what's taking up your space.
Old 05-21-2007, 08:28 PM
The Enforcer
Pocket PC: Samsung Epic 4G, ViewSonic gTablet, BB Bold 9650

Pibe38 is a VIPPibe38 is a VIPPibe38 is a VIPPibe38 is a VIPPibe38 is a VIPPibe38 is a VIPPibe38 is a VIPPibe38 is a VIPPibe38 is a VIPPibe38 is a VIPPibe38 is a VIP
Think of Program memory as RAM and your Storage memory as your hard drive. It's confusing, but I know what you mean, just because you install a program it doesn't get installed under Program memory. Program memory is what the device uses to run open programs.

The more applications you have open at the same time, the lower your program memory will get. I think this is where you are getting confused.

As a side note, remember most skins, icons, etc. also take space on the Storage memory. Also, from personal experience I have found SPB's applications to be extremely heavy compared to their competitors that provide a much smaller memory footprint.

---
Don't forget to Search first!
Old 05-21-2007, 10:17 PM
VIP Member
Threadstarter

I did do a search of large files, and on my phone nothing. All files over 64kb. All the files detected were on my card.

I think I see what you mean Pibe38 I was using the wrong line of thought. Maybe I will move a couple more things to my card, like rltoday, SPB backup, and PIM Birthdays....maybe even GoogleMaps. I will play around a bit more!!
Old 05-22-2007, 10:08 AM
VIP Member
Threadstarter

How about: UPX4PPC? Is that worth looking into? How exactly is that supposed to work? It compresses active utilities?

PPCGeeks > Windows Mobile > General Windows Mobile Discussions > Legacy WM Devices > Palm Treo 700W/WX