PPCGeeks

PPCGeeks (http://forum.ppcgeeks.com/index.php)
-   Palm Treo 700W/WX (http://forum.ppcgeeks.com/forumdisplay.php?f=15)
-   -   Newbie Qustions (http://forum.ppcgeeks.com/showthread.php?t=4504)

Ropin 05-22-2007 12:00 PM

Newbie Qustions

I have been reading all of your posts to find some answer to problems I have ran into with my new Treo 700wx from Alltel but I still am confused. :shock:

1) This whole problem with sending and rcv'ing pics is crazy I had no idea I could not do that prior to buying the phone. Stupid on my part assuming. :roll:

I tried the mms hack, got it to show up on the phone even but it still would not work. Could it be b/c my phone is an Alltel phone and not a Sprint phone?
I don't have the expansion card so before I try doing this again I want to get one so I can dl a program to back my phone up prior to dl the hack again. I had to reset my phone b/c I couldn't get the program off.

Ropin 05-22-2007 12:02 PM

2) The alltel tech rep told me to send pics to other alltel phones to use the phone # at message dot alltel dot net (I can't post it the real way b/c I haven't been a member long enough) but they still don't get them. Also, he didn't know if you could use the same type of address to send to verizon customers from my phone. Does anyone know?

3) I don't know if I can but I am thinking of returning this phone if I can't get the pics to work as most of the people I work with do not have Treos. Does the Q send and rcv pics and work as a modem for a laptop?

TIA for all of your help you guys are great!

Pibe38 05-22-2007 01:37 PM

I don't know about the Q, I'd check the Q forum.

The MMS application posted on this forum is for Sprint, I don't use it, but if there's an option to change the server settings and you get ahold of Alltell's info, you may be able to get it to work.

The rep is right up to a point, there's an e-mail address you can send pics to and the users will get them as PicMail. However, it is not the same regular mobile e-mail address.

Finally, Palm.com gives Treo users Sprite Backup for free, it should be on the CD. You do not need an SD card to back up, you can save the backup to the PC if you backup via ActiveSync.

GirlGoneGeek 05-26-2007 12:14 AM

lol

the newbie is a geeat title, lol @ get that all the time from wideawake. Don't feel bad, irs a short time and u won't be one any longer.

*courtney

schmeerdawg 06-14-2009 04:09 PM

Re: Newbie Qustions

I used to have a Q and after much research on several different sites, I've pretty much convinced that the Q won't do MMS. At least not without some major reworks. Maybe a new OS, but I wasn't able to find anyone who made ROMs for the Q.

Geekcop 06-14-2009 04:49 PM

Re: Newbie Qustions

This forum is for the 700WX, not the Q. Might want to post over in the Q forum for more assistance