PPCGeeks Forums HTC Arrive HTC HD2 HTC Thunderbolt HTC Touch Pro 2 HTC Evo 4G HTC Evo 3D Samsung Galaxy S II Motorola Droid X Apple iPhone Blackberry
Go Back   PPCGeeks > Windows Mobile > General Windows Mobile Discussions > Legacy WM Devices > Palm Treo 700W/WX

Notices

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 04-16-2008, 09:29 PM
Lurker
Pocket PC: treo pro,700wx, wizard, 6700
Carrier: who is not my cellular service provider

waffles_was_taken is becoming a great contributor
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
700wx how-to Custom Rom

for those of you who want to build your own rom for the 700wx, keep reading:

note that this works on verizon or sprint (or any other carrier)

download the sprint SD card updater using this link: http://palmone.r3h.net/downloads.pal...Updater115.zip

unzip the file to your a folder on your computer.
use the attached file: imgfs_tools_182---.zip

unzip the imgfs_tools

from the directory where you unzipped the sprint update, copy the file 'NapaBoth.nb0' to to directory where you unzipped the imgfs_tools.

in a command prompt, run the following command: 'prepare_imgfs.exe NapaBoth.nb0', this will create two files: imgfs_raw_data.bin and imgfs_removed_data.bin.

from here you can add, remove, change, or do whatever you wish, like port WM6 to the treo (big hint here...but someone else will need to help with this part).

when the editing is complete, run 'make_imgfs.exe NapaBoth.nb0' this will combine the files back into one file.

copy the new NapaBoth.nb0 back into the directory where you unzipped the sprint updater.

format an SD card as fat32. it is important that you format as fat32, otherwise, do not expect things to work with the update.

copy the entire contents of the sprint updater to the SD card. if you are not using a sprint phone, you will probably want to delete the firmware.bin file (this is the radio).

insert the SD into the 700wx. now...depending on the original carrier of your device, you may get an error saying that this device is not supported for this update, do not worry about this error, just click ok and browse to the storage card, open the folder '2577' and then to 'scenarios' run 'ROMUpdate_HR2' then select 'Test ROM Update' from here, the phone will check the SD card and then start to copy the rom to the device (it will say download bl & os and will have a progress bar) it takes about 10 minutes to write, then the phone will reboot and had reset.

when it comes back up, it will have your customizations that you made to the rom.

note: also posted on pdaphone.com under user: waffles
Attached Files
File Type: zip imgfs_tools_182----.zip (253.5 KB, 980 views) Click for barcode!

Last edited by waffles_was_taken; 04-17-2008 at 11:31 AM. Reason: attached imgfs_tools
This post has been thanked 10 times.
Old 04-18-2008, 09:08 AM
Lurker
Pocket PC: treo pro,700wx, wizard, 6700
Carrier: who is not my cellular service provider
Threadstarter

waffles_was_taken is becoming a great contributor
Re: 700wx custom rom

by using the rom in the link in my first post in this thread, all of the usual rom tools may be used to build, create, modify, and port roms from other devices to the treo 700wx.

hmmm...it might be possible to extract files from the 750 wm6 rom to port to 700wx...
This post has been thanked 1 times.
Old 04-18-2008, 09:15 AM
Let me count thy wounds
Pocket PC: Photon 4G
Carrier: Sprint

blasphemous_prime is a VIPblasphemous_prime is a VIPblasphemous_prime is a VIPblasphemous_prime is a VIPblasphemous_prime is a VIPblasphemous_prime is a VIPblasphemous_prime is a VIPblasphemous_prime is a VIPblasphemous_prime is a VIPblasphemous_prime is a VIPblasphemous_prime is a VIP
Send a message via AIM to blasphemous_prime Send a message via Yahoo to blasphemous_prime Send a message via Skype™ to blasphemous_prime

good first 2 posts! i'll download these after work for my friend's wx.
If you are literally serving shit to American children, or knowingly spinning a wheel where it is not unlikely that you will eventually serve shit – if that’s your business model? Then I got no problems with a jury of your peers wiring your nuts to a car battery and feeding you the accumulated sweepings from the bottom of a monkey cage. In fact, I’ll hold the spoon.” -Ralph Dunlop-
Old 04-18-2008, 05:27 PM
Coz-erator
Pocket PC: Sprint Galaxy Note 2 & other misc digital devices

CozBoogie can't get a higher reputation levelCozBoogie can't get a higher reputation levelCozBoogie can't get a higher reputation levelCozBoogie can't get a higher reputation levelCozBoogie can't get a higher reputation levelCozBoogie can't get a higher reputation levelCozBoogie can't get a higher reputation levelCozBoogie can't get a higher reputation levelCozBoogie can't get a higher reputation levelCozBoogie can't get a higher reputation levelCozBoogie can't get a higher reputation level
Mentioned: 2 Post(s)
Send a message via MSN to CozBoogie Send a message via Yahoo to CozBoogie

Hey Prime, let us know how it goes.

late,
Coz
Old 04-19-2008, 01:11 AM
Lurker
Pocket PC: treo 700wx
Carrier: none

kocoman is a n00b

Quote:
Originally Posted by waffles_was_taken View Post
by using the rom in the link in my first post in this thread, all of the usual rom tools may be used to build, create, modify, and port roms from other devices to the treo 700wx.

hmmm...it might be possible to extract files from the 750 wm6 rom to port to 700wx...
From my research,
It is not possible because the 750 is GSM phone app... same goes for using a 680 rom in a 700p/755p

As to custom roms, the 700wx is not HTC based so many people can't get support from xda-developers

Last edited by kocoman; 04-19-2008 at 01:13 AM.
Old 04-19-2008, 10:51 PM
Founder & Owner
Pocket PC: iPhone XS Max

Wideawake should be added to the payroll for their contributionsWideawake should be added to the payroll for their contributionsWideawake should be added to the payroll for their contributionsWideawake should be added to the payroll for their contributionsWideawake should be added to the payroll for their contributionsWideawake should be added to the payroll for their contributionsWideawake should be added to the payroll for their contributionsWideawake should be added to the payroll for their contributionsWideawake should be added to the payroll for their contributionsWideawake should be added to the payroll for their contributionsWideawake should be added to the payroll for their contributions
Mentioned: 8 Post(s)
Send a message via Skype™ to Wideawake

Very nice work waffles!! I expect more may come for the 700wx and w maybe.......due to this right here! Good work.
~Mike

Old 04-20-2008, 04:56 PM
PPCGeeks Regular
Pocket PC: iPhone
Carrier: AT&T

Bearxor is becoming a great contributor

I've decided to sticky this so that we can hopefully get some attention to it and get some work done. I'm interested in doing some work but am knee deep in full-time school and full-time work right, but i have given a couple of things a look over.

I have some serious catching up to do with the state of custom roms and the tools involved but school is hopefully winding down soon and my schedule will level out.

I am at least in possession of the WM6 750 upgrade and I think we can port the OS just fine but we'll see.

Too bad it seems like no one at pdaphonehome has taken an interest. Most people usually jump from phone to phone when the new ones come out so there probably no one left over there with a 700wx...

Let's at least get some traction here.
Old 04-20-2008, 09:23 PM
N00b
Pocket PC: Pre & Hero

Darth Pooh is a n00b

I'd be really interested in creating a ROM without clutter and some built in things like PIE PLUS and other goodies I use on a regular basis (Java and Threaded Text Msg) for instance. Even if I can't get WM6 onto the device... does anyone know what I would need to do to or at least point me in the right direction for doing something like this?

I am a total newb when it comes to cooking my own rom (I am not even sure this method would let me even COOK a rom, but I'd be willing to try).

Thanks...

-D
Old 04-20-2008, 09:33 PM
LMG - GEEK, VIP!!!
Pocket PC: HTC TP Pro 2 (From HTC Touch Diamond)

lawmangrant is halfway to VIP status based on replawmangrant is halfway to VIP status based on replawmangrant is halfway to VIP status based on replawmangrant is halfway to VIP status based on replawmangrant is halfway to VIP status based on replawmangrant is halfway to VIP status based on replawmangrant is halfway to VIP status based on replawmangrant is halfway to VIP status based on replawmangrant is halfway to VIP status based on rep
Send a message via AIM to lawmangrant Send a message via MSN to lawmangrant Send a message via Yahoo to lawmangrant Send a message via Skype™ to lawmangrant

I am in agreement here...
Even if I can't get WM6 on my Treo, I would love to have my own ROM. To be able to reload my programs without issues, that would be fantastic.

Now....if I could get WM6, I wouldn't complain either.
PLAN:
Everything450, w/ unlimited mobile to mobile[B]

Need Dropbox? Use my referral here!
Old 04-20-2008, 11:39 PM
Lurker
Pocket PC: Treo 700wx

palmetto2 is a n00b

I just got a new 700wx with Sprint and it will not read my old 1G SD card. It is formatted to FAT32. I tried the directions at the top of this thread, but I am a horror show at this stuff and think I missed something between the lines. Any advice would be greatly appreciated.

PPCGeeks > Windows Mobile > General Windows Mobile Discussions > Legacy WM Devices > Palm Treo 700W/WX