PPCGeeks Forums HTC Arrive HTC HD2 HTC Thunderbolt HTC Touch Pro 2 HTC Evo 4G HTC Evo 3D Samsung Galaxy S II Motorola Droid X Apple iPhone Blackberry
Go Back   PPCGeeks > Windows Mobile > General Windows Mobile Discussions > Legacy WM Devices > Palm Treo 700W/WX

Notices

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 05-18-2007, 09:56 PM
Lurker

FieldTech96 is a n00b
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
i-GO 2006 Nav Software

iGO 2006
Requirements: Pocket PC 2003, Windows Mobile 5.0
Overview: Turn your Pocket PC into the ultimate navigation system. The iGO GPS navigation software helps you find your destinations quicker and simpler than ever before. Whether you use it in heavy metropolitan traffic or out in the countryside, iGO will always show you the right way.

I used it on my 8525 and my Treo 750 with no problems with the screen resizing from 320x240 on the 8525 to 240x240 on the Treo 750. But when I tried it on the Verizon Treo 700wx, the display screen is shrunken from bottom to top. If I change the Nav software from Portrait to Landscape it does the same thing...Shrinks to the left. I have checked all the display settings on both Treo's and all are the same that I can figure. Does anyone know how to fix this or what can be dont. It is definately an issue with the 700 as it works well on everything else I have tried. It shows that only the 750 is a compatable new Treo devise on the website for i-go. www.i-go.com Help.....
Old 05-19-2007, 12:49 AM
The Enforcer
Pocket PC: Samsung Epic 4G, ViewSonic gTablet, BB Bold 9650
Carrier: Sprint

Pibe38 is a VIPPibe38 is a VIPPibe38 is a VIPPibe38 is a VIPPibe38 is a VIPPibe38 is a VIPPibe38 is a VIPPibe38 is a VIPPibe38 is a VIPPibe38 is a VIPPibe38 is a VIP
Re: i-GO 2006 Nav Software

Quote:
Originally Posted by FieldTech96
It shows that only the 750 is a compatable new Treo devise on the website for i-go.
Well that answers your question.

I haven't heard of anyone using this software here, so I'd recommend contacting the developer.

---
Don't forget to Search first!
Old 05-19-2007, 05:14 AM
Lurker

wuid is a n00b
I have tried to install IGO 2006 on Sprint 700wx a while back.. And I couldn't even have it installed. I managed to put a copy of MIO map, which is supposedly similar, at least using same map, as IGO. And I got the same behavior you see with MIO actually.

I haven't tried lately 'cause I sorta gave up on IGO since i'm pretty happy with Tomtom, but I've read some where the 2007 version of IGO fairs better on 700wx. Give it a try if you insist on using IGO.
Old 05-19-2007, 12:22 PM
Lurker
Threadstarter

FieldTech96 is a n00b
What is the main difference ebtween the Cingular 750 Version and the Verizon 700Version. It seems to just be a display issue. Everything works fine, just the display is not sizing corect, but the touch screen is in the correct Square screen places.
Old 05-22-2007, 01:55 AM
PPCGeeks Regular
Pocket PC: Diamond
Carrier: Sprint

kaiguy is becoming a great contributor
Aside from one being CDMA and one GSM, there are some hardware differences as well. Not too sure why it would make a difference on how things are displayed, as I believe the screens are the same. But I can confirm that iGo and MIO didn't work well for me.
Old 05-25-2007, 06:08 AM
Lurker

dirtygermankid is a n00b
I had the same problem.

It's not a 240x240 problem, its a treo problem.

It's specifically caused from gx.dll (GAPI driver) that ships with the treo 700.. the way the device driver is setup has bugs in it.

Mio doesn't plan to support 240x240 anytime soon, but there is another iGo type of software that i want to try called OnCourse.. I've yet to find a version that I can test on the treo.

If you figure anything out, let me know.

PPCGeeks > Windows Mobile > General Windows Mobile Discussions > Legacy WM Devices > Palm Treo 700W/WX