PPCGeeks Forums HTC Arrive HTC HD2 HTC Thunderbolt HTC Touch Pro 2 HTC Evo 4G HTC Evo 3D Samsung Galaxy S II Motorola Droid X Apple iPhone Blackberry
Go Back   PPCGeeks > Windows Mobile > General Windows Mobile Discussions > Legacy WM Devices > Palm Treo 700W/WX

Notices

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 05-13-2007, 07:50 PM
Lurker

RandyJStark is a n00b
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Dialing extensions with a pause (,)

Hello all,

I am a newb to the forum here, and had a question regarding automatically dialing a set number of digits.

Basically what I am trying to do is use my VOIP providers i2 bridge to make my long distance calls. This involves calling into a set number (xxx-xxx-xxxx) and then giving me a dialtone - after which I need it to dial another number in the format (xxx-xxx-xxxx or xxx-xxxx for locals)

I have had a hard time trying to get my treo to accept the pause (,) dialing feature in my contact book (although it does work in the speed dial book) My question is, is there any software that will allow me to put contacts into my address book in the following format

xxx-xxx-xxxx ,, 123-456-7890
Where xxx-xxx-xxxx is my VOIP providers remote dialtone and
123-456-7890 is the long distance number I am calling
,, is 2 seconds between dialing the first number and entering the digits for the second number.

Like I said, this does work for speed dialing, but I cannot get it to work for my other contacts in my address book. I have tried abbreviated dialing, but that does not seem to work because it does not allow me to dial the (,,) -2 second pauses.... I also cannot add the ,, into my contact info in the address book. Is there any other contact/phone software out there that would allow me to do this for 100+ of my contacts?

Thanks,
Randy
Old 05-14-2007, 09:49 AM
Lurker

cokert is a n00b
I use Pocket Informant, and it will save the commas. I was just trying it out for work voicemail, and it dialed the number, paused, then entered my extension and password, but it wouldn't log in. It jumbles the numbers all together and the voicemail system won't recognize it. YMMV, though.

I have my work email set up as a voicemail speed dial, and with the extra digits there, it dials the extension and password normally and logs in just fine...
Old 05-16-2007, 05:06 PM
Lurker
Threadstarter

RandyJStark is a n00b
Anyone else have a way that may work?? I am getting desperate now...

I also may be getting a MOTO Q instead, so anything that would work on either phone would be appreciated. THANKS
Old 05-16-2007, 05:20 PM
Founder & Owner
Pocket PC: iPhone XS Max
Carrier: Sprint

Wideawake should be added to the payroll for their contributionsWideawake should be added to the payroll for their contributionsWideawake should be added to the payroll for their contributionsWideawake should be added to the payroll for their contributionsWideawake should be added to the payroll for their contributionsWideawake should be added to the payroll for their contributionsWideawake should be added to the payroll for their contributionsWideawake should be added to the payroll for their contributionsWideawake should be added to the payroll for their contributionsWideawake should be added to the payroll for their contributionsWideawake should be added to the payroll for their contributions
Mentioned: 8 Post(s)
Send a message via Skype™ to Wideawake
Yes I will get u a cab to do so. I made one for me. Since I have a conference cal every monday instead of remembering the pincode I used a slight work around. Tonight I should be able to post it. Basically what it does is let u leave ur contacts the same, but gives u a option in ur context menu to "call with calling card". This should work for u.
~mike

Old 05-16-2007, 05:43 PM
Lurker
Threadstarter

RandyJStark is a n00b
That would be amazing. I will set it to use as a "calling card" all of the time for all my outgoing calls.

Would this work for both the Moto Q and the Palm 700WX?

Thanks so much, you are amazing.
Old 05-17-2007, 12:18 AM
Founder & Owner
Pocket PC: iPhone XS Max
Carrier: Sprint

Wideawake should be added to the payroll for their contributionsWideawake should be added to the payroll for their contributionsWideawake should be added to the payroll for their contributionsWideawake should be added to the payroll for their contributionsWideawake should be added to the payroll for their contributionsWideawake should be added to the payroll for their contributionsWideawake should be added to the payroll for their contributionsWideawake should be added to the payroll for their contributionsWideawake should be added to the payroll for their contributionsWideawake should be added to the payroll for their contributionsWideawake should be added to the payroll for their contributions
Mentioned: 8 Post(s)
Send a message via Skype™ to Wideawake
here ya go, got the source for MS...hehe Im still learning....kindof :P Im sure someone out there could make this work great. But this will do ya and I think it should work on the Q too. let me know

Install Instructions:

1. Download and Install the .cab after extracting.

2. Use a Registry editor like phm regedit, and navigate to hkcu/software/ppcgeeks/callingcard/number change this value to your VOIP number. soft reset.

3. To use just highlight the contact, hit menu, and select call mobile/home/work with VOIP.

Enjoy,
Mike
Attached Files
File Type: zip ppcgeeks_voip_202.zip (10.8 KB, 17 views) Click for barcode!
Old 05-17-2007, 12:33 AM
Lurker
Threadstarter

RandyJStark is a n00b
Awesome!

Will try this as soon as my Q comes in - Hopefully Frid. or Sat.

I will let you know how this works out. Is there anyway to set all calls to automatically dial like this so that I can just use the contacts list to call without the need to hit menu -> contact voip

If not, I am sure this will work nicely. Ill keep you posted as soon as I get it up and runnin!

Randy
Old 05-20-2007, 01:16 AM
Lurker
Threadstarter

RandyJStark is a n00b
This works great. I hate to bother you again, but it there anyway that the program can insert a # after the number in the contact book has been dialed? So, I dial my VOIP i2bridge (570-555-0000 then this program dials my contacts# from my contact list and adds a # sign after the contact)

My VOIP bridge needs a "#" entered in after the contacts number is dialed in order to initiate the call. I can manually add the "#" in my contacts book, but this would thus hinder the SMS functionality of sending a TXT message. Is there anyway possible to get this to work as well?

Good work and I really do appreciate your help.
Old 05-20-2007, 01:28 AM
Lurker
Threadstarter

RandyJStark is a n00b
Also, I also forgot that I do not think 2 pauses are needed, maybe just 1 or 0. As soon as the call connects, the contacts number can be automatically dialed --- then add the "#" sign to the end. Sorry for being a pain but this will save me so much headaches. I really appreciate your help!

Thank you all.
Old 05-27-2007, 03:46 PM
PPCGeeks Regular
Pocket PC: HTC EVO
Carrier: Sprint SERO Premium

DesiChora is keeping up the good workDesiChora is keeping up the good work
I did everything as per instruction and did a soft reset but I choose to dial the # through VOIP, it does not do anything. am I missing something?

PPCGeeks > Windows Mobile > General Windows Mobile Discussions > Legacy WM Devices > Palm Treo 700W/WX