PPCGeeks Forums HTC Arrive HTC HD2 HTC Thunderbolt HTC Touch Pro 2 HTC Evo 4G HTC Evo 3D Samsung Galaxy S II Motorola Droid X Apple iPhone Blackberry
Go Back   PPCGeeks > Windows Mobile > General Windows Mobile Discussions > Legacy WM Devices > Palm Treo 700W/WX
Register Community Search

Notices

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 05-11-2007, 05:32 PM
Lurker

xplrrsport is a n00b
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
BMW & Treo 700wx BT fix - All Phonebook Entries transfer

FINALLY FIXED! I tested it out today! I have a Treo 700wx with Sprint, and a 2007 328xi with the Navigation system. Here goes:

1. (This step for Sprint users only) Have you been plagued with Bluetooth constantly disconnecting and randomly turning off. The fix for this was discovered a few months ago. Go to Treocentral and install the "A2DP" program. The program's purpose is to allow for Stereo sound through your headset, but it also installs the verizon bluetooth stack on your sprint treo. This new stack fixes all of the bluetooth issues with your sprint treo. This was a godsend. I use a Plantronics BT headset regularly, and no longer does my Treo 700wx disconnect or turn BT off unexpectedly!

2. (THE BMW communication fix). I was honestly days away from having to manually put in all 100+ contacts from my treo into my 328xi when I stumbled upon the updated Jetware mobile software (version 1.30). Go to http://www.jetwaremobile.com/ and install the 1.30 version for Windows Mobile 5/6! This fixes the parenthesis conflict between BMW and Windows Mobile. YES, ALL OF MY CONTACTS appeared in the BMW's phone book, not just the speed dial entries! This was my one issue with my treo & my 328xi. THANK U JETWARE! Test the evalution, to make sure it works for you. It is good for 30days. I think this will actually fix the phone book issue with all windows mobile phones and bmw's bluetooth system. Jetware mobile is $14.95 after that, which I'll gladly pay!!!

The jetware software is customizable to allow for transferring of all contacts or only certain categories. I'm very impressed! Good luck to all. I hope everyone has the same positive result I had.

~Jim

(Also posted here: http://www.bimmerfest.com/forums/sho...39#post2370639
Old 05-11-2007, 07:15 PM
The Enforcer
Pocket PC: Samsung Epic 4G, ViewSonic gTablet, BB Bold 9650
Carrier: Sprint

Pibe38 is a VIPPibe38 is a VIPPibe38 is a VIPPibe38 is a VIPPibe38 is a VIPPibe38 is a VIPPibe38 is a VIPPibe38 is a VIPPibe38 is a VIPPibe38 is a VIPPibe38 is a VIP
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Now if I just had a BMW

---
Don't forget to Search first!

PPCGeeks > Windows Mobile > General Windows Mobile Discussions > Legacy WM Devices > Palm Treo 700W/WX