PPCGeeks Forums HTC Arrive HTC HD2 HTC Thunderbolt HTC Touch Pro 2 HTC Evo 4G HTC Evo 3D Samsung Galaxy S II Motorola Droid X Apple iPhone Blackberry
Go Back   PPCGeeks > Windows Mobile > General Windows Mobile Discussions > Legacy WM Devices > Palm Treo 700W/WX
Register Community Search

Notices

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 05-09-2007, 11:00 PM
Lurker

jadsru1 is a n00b
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
update rom 700w

forgive me if this has already been asked or if it's pretty stupid.
I have had a 6700 for a long time and I just got a 700w for my wife. I was wondering if I can update the rom using one of the one like sardinour, kevin's...If yes. please direct me to the right link or if I am terribly wrong also point me in the right direction. Thanks
Old 05-09-2007, 11:33 PM
Retired Staff
Pocket PC: Apache (PPC6700); Titan (Mogul)
Carrier: Sprint

luv2chill is keeping up the good workluv2chill is keeping up the good work
Send a message via ICQ to luv2chill Send a message via AIM to luv2chill Send a message via MSN to luv2chill Send a message via Yahoo to luv2chill Send a message via Skype™ to luv2chill
No, there are no custom ROMs available for the Treos and the 6700 ROMs are not compatible.

No one as of yet has figured out how to create ROMs for the Treo--its' quite different than the HTC devices.

Sorry.
Old 05-10-2007, 12:07 AM
Lurker
Threadstarter

jadsru1 is a n00b
Thanks for the reply...
I don't necessary have a problem of stability with the phone yet, but I just like messing with stuff...gives me a sense of power
Old 05-10-2007, 05:25 AM
Retired Staff
Pocket PC: Android
Carrier: Telkomsel

helmi_c knows their stuffhelmi_c knows their stuffhelmi_c knows their stuffhelmi_c knows their stuffhelmi_c knows their stuffhelmi_c knows their stuffhelmi_c knows their stuff
Re: update rom 700w

Quote:
Originally Posted by jadsru1
forgive me if this has already been asked or if it's pretty stupid.
I have had a 6700 for a long time and I just got a 700w for my wife. I was wondering if I can update the rom using one of the one like sardinour, kevin's...If yes. please direct me to the right link or if I am terribly wrong also point me in the right direction. Thanks
If u hv treo 700w nbf/nba we maybe, just maybe, we can get something to play with...
Old 05-11-2007, 01:29 AM
Lurker
Threadstarter

jadsru1 is a n00b
what do all the intials nba... mean after the 700w. How do I find out what I have. Thanks
Old 05-11-2007, 04:03 AM
Retired Staff
Pocket PC: Apache (PPC6700); Titan (Mogul)

luv2chill is keeping up the good workluv2chill is keeping up the good work
Send a message via ICQ to luv2chill Send a message via AIM to luv2chill Send a message via MSN to luv2chill Send a message via Yahoo to luv2chill Send a message via Skype™ to luv2chill
.nba and .nbf files are ROM images. Helmi was just saying if we had access to those for the 700w then we could try to decode them. But Palm has issued no ROM updates for the 700w (or 700wx for that matter) so we don't have any ROM images to look at.
Old 05-11-2007, 02:21 PM
Founder & Owner
Pocket PC: iPhone XS Max

Wideawake should be added to the payroll for their contributionsWideawake should be added to the payroll for their contributionsWideawake should be added to the payroll for their contributionsWideawake should be added to the payroll for their contributionsWideawake should be added to the payroll for their contributionsWideawake should be added to the payroll for their contributionsWideawake should be added to the payroll for their contributionsWideawake should be added to the payroll for their contributionsWideawake should be added to the payroll for their contributionsWideawake should be added to the payroll for their contributionsWideawake should be added to the payroll for their contributions
Mentioned: 8 Post(s)
Send a message via Skype™ to Wideawake
We can build customs for the Treo. Its no problem and we have the tools to do it even without the .nbf or .nba. Only problem is reflashing ur custom. As far as I know theres no method to do so as of now.
~Mike

Old 05-12-2007, 08:39 AM
Retired Staff
Pocket PC: Android
Carrier: Telkomsel

helmi_c knows their stuffhelmi_c knows their stuffhelmi_c knows their stuffhelmi_c knows their stuffhelmi_c knows their stuffhelmi_c knows their stuffhelmi_c knows their stuff
Quote:
Originally Posted by Wideawake
We can build customs for the Treo. Its no problem and we have the tools to do it even without the .nbf or .nba. Only problem is reflashing ur custom. As far as I know theres no method to do so as of now.
~Mike
hello there mike, thats really Interesting... what format are the rom and what tools to use?

about the upgrade thing stuff... dont u think if we modify it rom md5 hash the standard application for updatin will accept it? what do you thing mike?
Old 05-12-2007, 02:03 PM
Founder & Owner
Pocket PC: iPhone XS Max

Wideawake should be added to the payroll for their contributionsWideawake should be added to the payroll for their contributionsWideawake should be added to the payroll for their contributionsWideawake should be added to the payroll for their contributionsWideawake should be added to the payroll for their contributionsWideawake should be added to the payroll for their contributionsWideawake should be added to the payroll for their contributionsWideawake should be added to the payroll for their contributionsWideawake should be added to the payroll for their contributionsWideawake should be added to the payroll for their contributionsWideawake should be added to the payroll for their contributions
Mentioned: 8 Post(s)
Send a message via Skype™ to Wideawake
Well the format is a .bin since I was using Buzz's Grab_It to grab the ROM from the phone. Then I decoded as normal using Imgfs_Tools. I can modify the dump folder from there and get it back into a .bin or any other flashable file format. I just havent found a way to flash it back onto the device. And Im not sure if modifing the md5 hash will work but maybe....I havent really looked to deeply into it. I did notice that Imgs_Tools does throw out some overlapping errors tho.
~Mike

PPCGeeks > Windows Mobile > General Windows Mobile Discussions > Legacy WM Devices > Palm Treo 700W/WX