PPCGeeks

PPCGeeks (http://forum.ppcgeeks.com/index.php)
-   Palm Treo 700W/WX (http://forum.ppcgeeks.com/forumdisplay.php?f=15)
-   -   Removing bottom tray?? (http://forum.ppcgeeks.com/showthread.php?t=4293)

eenballer10 05-09-2007 03:08 PM

Removing bottom tray??

Is there a way to remove the bottom tray bar from your today screen :?:

Pibe38 05-09-2007 03:26 PM

What bottom tray bar? Do you have a screenshot? I don't have a bottom traybar on my device, I have applications that can put one there, but I don't have that option enabled.

What device do you have? What carrier? What's on the traybar?

Help us, help you.

eenballer10 05-09-2007 04:26 PM

not able to get a screen shot right now. i have 700wx with sprint. it has open icons on it. i have yahoo go which keeps an icon there & palringo when its open, also when i active sync with my computer an icon shows up. how did you disable it on yours??

Pibe38 05-09-2007 04:37 PM

Nothing can be done about Palringo, however, the developers have been informed and they apparently will change it into a Today plugin instead of a system tray icon.

What icon is down there during AS? I don't get a systen tray icon while I connect to AS unless I user the remote viewing app by MS Power Toys.

And Yahoo Go, never used, so I don't know if it's removable or not. Have you checked the settings? I know there are apps, I think PocketInformant is one of them, that has the option of having or not having the icon down there.

eenballer10 05-09-2007 04:50 PM

even if nothing is in the bottom tray it won't let me use that space that is why i was wondering if there is an option to not have it there at all. it would be nice to have that space available for something useful without a drag bar!!!

during AS the little green icon appears.

Pibe38 05-09-2007 09:01 PM

What software do you have installed? It would look as if you had an app that shows running applications shown there.

I do have that space available at all times, unless Palringo is running... so this is very weird.

j joy j 06-05-2007 09:53 AM

I have this bottom tray also. If active sync is running then there is an active sync icon, there is always a wirelesssync icon on the bottom bar even if it's not running. (Which I need to find another way to sync stuff--active sync doesn't work with Vista and wirelesssync through Verizon is terrible(IMO)). But if I have something running--TomTom Nav--it'll put an icon down there. There is ALWAYS a line of space at the bottom of my screen that I can not use.

I have a 700w, but am expecting my 700wx today!!! Very excited! I was having trouble with my 700w since I got it so the nice tech guy that I tried to sweet talk sent out a 700wx as a replacement.

Just thought I would let you know I have the same problem too...

kbcherry 06-05-2007 10:59 AM

Not sure this helps but iLauncher will let you configure that area and put pretty much anything you want in it. I don't use Palringo so I'm not sure it would let you disable it, but it will let you add things. I'm sure other apps do the same.

eenballer10 06-05-2007 12:23 PM

I pretty much figured there is nothing you can do about that space so I just used Ilauncher to fill the bottom tray with my program icons to save space above.

crazie.eddie 06-05-2007 12:28 PM

Valsoft True Toolbar keeps the bottom tray open so any open/running apps/tasks will show on it. This app allows you to easily access or close any of your open/running apps/tasks. I believe iLauncher only allows you to put icons for apps that you want to run and has nothing to do with open/running tasks/apps.