PPCGeeks Forums HTC Arrive HTC HD2 HTC Thunderbolt HTC Touch Pro 2 HTC Evo 4G HTC Evo 3D Samsung Galaxy S II Motorola Droid X Apple iPhone Blackberry
Go Back   PPCGeeks > Windows Mobile > General Windows Mobile Discussions > Legacy WM Devices > Palm Treo 700W/WX
Register Community Search

Notices

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 05-03-2007, 06:02 PM
PPCGeeks Regular
Pocket PC: PPC6700>Treo 700wx>HTC Diamond
Carrier: Sprint

scidmail is becoming a great contributor
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
error opening the shortcut or locating the target filename?

I'm having a problem with my hard buttons on my Treo 700wx (sprint). I've not hacked the registry, so I didn't mess anything up there. I'm trying to use the original settings for the buttons for IE and Windows Media Player. I pretty much use the buttons as they were programmed. Option/Phone button should bring up Internet Explorer. Holding down the side button should bring up Windows Media Player. I'm getting the error for both of these. If I go to settings/buttons and check, they both still say they are pointing to the right program. If I point them somewhere else, click ok, then go back and set them back to what I want, it will work for a while, but then will error again. If I go to Today Menu/Programs to find either program, the on screen button works correctly. Why would it keep forgetting what to do with these buttons? The only extra I have on the phone are:
Magic Button
Sprite Back up
Cubis
DEveloper One Agenda One
Dinarsoft MemMaid
Microsoft . NET CF 2.0

I have TREO700WX-1. 14 - spnt
Version A
Firmware Version 108
PRL ID 20224

I've tried a soft reboot and it worked for a little while, but then the error came back. Doesn't seem to matter what I have open or closed as I've gotten the error with all other programs closed.

Anyone else heard of a problem like this? I did a search of the forums, but couldn't locate anything similar.

Barb
Old 05-04-2007, 02:56 AM
The Enforcer
Pocket PC: Samsung Epic 4G, ViewSonic gTablet, BB Bold 9650

Pibe38 is a VIPPibe38 is a VIPPibe38 is a VIPPibe38 is a VIPPibe38 is a VIPPibe38 is a VIPPibe38 is a VIPPibe38 is a VIPPibe38 is a VIPPibe38 is a VIPPibe38 is a VIP
What error do you get exactly? Have you tried a hard reset and then trying to check if you get an error?

---
Don't forget to Search first!
Old 05-04-2007, 02:55 PM
Regular 'Geeker
Pocket PC: DROID
Carrier: EVIL V

EDGE23 is just getting started
Send a message via MSN to EDGE23
something like this maybe? I get it once in a while but I thought it was because of ilauncher.
samsung 680, a700, 920, legendary 9k, a900, 6700, treo 700wx, 6800, 6700, 6800(collecting dust), as of 01/09/08 htc touch, and 5/24/08 finally the blackberry curve, 10/15/08 touch pro, 4/30/09 boring blackberry curve again.
12/04/09 DROID.
WM, HTC, and BB can go to hell now.
Old 05-05-2007, 03:24 PM
Lurker

The Lepricon is a n00b
Send a message via MSN to The Lepricon
Mine does the same thing on a pretty regular basis. I take my phone out of the case, turn it on and, voila!, I get this error. Sometimes I have to OK it several times to get it to go away.

FWIW: I do not have ilauncher installed.
Old 05-05-2007, 07:18 PM
The Enforcer
Pocket PC: Samsung Epic 4G, ViewSonic gTablet, BB Bold 9650

Pibe38 is a VIPPibe38 is a VIPPibe38 is a VIPPibe38 is a VIPPibe38 is a VIPPibe38 is a VIPPibe38 is a VIPPibe38 is a VIPPibe38 is a VIPPibe38 is a VIPPibe38 is a VIP
In my opinion that is not a good sign, those are OS shortcuts so they should work. If you try a hard reset and the problem it's still there I'd get a replacement.
Old 05-06-2007, 02:34 PM
PPCGeeks Regular
Pocket PC: PPC6700>Treo 700wx>HTC Diamond
Threadstarter

scidmail is becoming a great contributor
Edge23's error is exactly like the one I see. I don't have ilauncher either. I"ve not tried the hard reset yet because I really didn't want to have to reset everything up. If there's a software problem I figured that restoring from a back up would just restore the error, right? I was really hoping I could find an answer that didn't involve a hard reset. Has anyone else who's had this problem had a hard reset make it go away? Did you start over with a clean sync or restore from a back up? If a hard reset is really going to solve the problem it'll be worth it, but it's so much work just to see if it might fix it.

Barb

PPCGeeks > Windows Mobile > General Windows Mobile Discussions > Legacy WM Devices > Palm Treo 700W/WX