PPCGeeks Forums HTC Arrive HTC HD2 HTC Thunderbolt HTC Touch Pro 2 HTC Evo 4G HTC Evo 3D Samsung Galaxy S II Motorola Droid X Apple iPhone Blackberry
Go Back   PPCGeeks > Windows Mobile > General Windows Mobile Discussions > Legacy WM Devices > Palm Treo 700W/WX

Notices

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 04-25-2007, 10:42 AM
PPCGeeks Regular
Pocket PC: Palm Pre
Carrier: Sprint

nitty917 is a n00b
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Has anyone Bluetooth Activesync their 700wx to laptop?

I spent hours on my vaio sz laptop, no problems having the laptop and
treo paired, but when i try to run activesync. Doesnt pick it up, i know it has to do something on my phone with the ports or something.
Anyone successfully BT synced?
Old 04-25-2007, 12:43 PM
PPCGeeks Regular
Pocket PC: HTC HD2 (HTC Leo)
Carrier: T-Mobile

TRUELIGHT knows their stuffTRUELIGHT knows their stuffTRUELIGHT knows their stuffTRUELIGHT knows their stuffTRUELIGHT knows their stuffTRUELIGHT knows their stuff
Send a message via AIM to TRUELIGHT Send a message via MSN to TRUELIGHT Send a message via Yahoo to TRUELIGHT
Hi hope i can help!
first make sure on your phone in Bluetooth setting,Devices tab, tap your computer under New partnership, 3. Box will come up 1,Hands Free2,ActiveSync 3,Dialup Networking (MAKE SURE ACTIVESYNC IS CHECK)if ACTIVESYNC is not a choice (SERIAL PORT) is check, reinstall activesync, on your computer, its not a phone problem. Also in ActiveSync on your computer go to File, In upper right hand conner, connection setting CHECK Allow connections to one of the following: AND UNDER THAT, A LONG BOX WITH: COM5 That must be Com 5, If you don't have Com 5 as a choice then you have a hole other set of problem and i will get into that if you need, let me know what you find,

good luck, TL
Old 04-25-2007, 01:20 PM
Lurker

TCstr8 is a n00b
When I set up my WX to sync via bluetooth with my desktop i used COM4 and I haven't had any problems since. One of the other problems I ran into was my phone would pair with my desktop, but I couldn't get it to sync because of my firewall (ZoneAlarm free edition). So that may be your problem. I googled Zonealarm problem with Activesync and found a site that walked you through configuring Zone Alarm to allow Active sync to run properly. Hope that helps.
Old 04-25-2007, 01:51 PM
PPCGeeks Regular
Threadstarter

nitty917 is a n00b
im gonna have to try all this when i get home, when i hit refresh on the device all i see is the activesync box. that is check. What is abot the com port tab? Theres a incoming and outgoing.? Im using activesync 4.5....when i try to connect it trys to scan all ports but nothing is picked up....this is driving me nuts.
Old 04-25-2007, 02:36 PM
PPCGeeks Regular
Pocket PC: Treo 700wx > Treo 800w > HTC Touch Pro 2 > HTC EVO

crazie.eddie is just getting started
Strange. I never assigned any comm ports to mine and I perform an Activesync via BT all the time. I initiate the AS from my Treo 700wx only and never from the PC, if that matters.

I created a step by step procedure on a forum, but I can't find it at the moment, so I'll try to remember the steps...

First of all, I already had Microsoft Activesync 4.5 installed with Hannip A2DP app.

1. From the Treo, pair your device with your PC
2. You should have an option for Activesync on your Treo, if not proceed anyway.
3. From the Treo, perform an Activesync. If a device without Activesync is not found, it will search for a device that has one. This should then add the AS option for your PC, which you should now see on your Treo. Select it.

EDIT: I found the post I made on SprintUsers.com here...
Old 04-25-2007, 03:33 PM
PPCGeeks Regular
Threadstarter

nitty917 is a n00b
im gonna try at it again, you think I need to install Hannips app?
Think that will help? Maybe its this Sony Laptop, not sure, but it connects to 700wx no prob. but when i try and setup the actual activesync on the laptop, it doesnt grab it. On the com tab on the treo, theres incoming and outgoing. I have to setup incoming port for my laptop to even connect with it, but theres options of com 0,4,7 or 8 and a secure connection box checked? First person to walk me through this, paypal you $5!
Old 04-25-2007, 05:42 PM
PPCGeeks Regular

Geez, forums are for open FREE discussions. No offense, but it's kind of an insult to go on a FREE forum and ask for help in return for payment. I'm sure someone will help you out for FREE if you don't mind being patient. I'm busy now, but I will try later and if you still want to donate money, I suggest donate to a more needy cause (needy children, cancer research, etc.).
Old 04-25-2007, 07:51 PM
PPCGeeks Regular
Threadstarter

nitty917 is a n00b
No offense taken,
just frustrated, tried all day last yesterday. Im about to go at it again right now, gonna try Hannip bluetooth fix. Maybe that will work who knows.
Old 04-25-2007, 11:14 PM
PPCGeeks Regular
Threadstarter

nitty917 is a n00b
Ok, now my laptop wont ever pair with my Treo after I installed Hannips fix, it only will pair as a dial up modem? No other services. Really weird....
Old 04-26-2007, 02:43 AM
PPCGeeks Regular

Have you tried pairing from your Treo first?

PPCGeeks > Windows Mobile > General Windows Mobile Discussions > Legacy WM Devices > Palm Treo 700W/WX