PPCGeeks Forums HTC Arrive HTC HD2 HTC Thunderbolt HTC Touch Pro 2 HTC Evo 4G HTC Evo 3D Samsung Galaxy S II Motorola Droid X Apple iPhone Blackberry
Go Back   PPCGeeks > Windows Mobile > General Windows Mobile Discussions > Legacy WM Devices > Palm Treo 700W/WX
Register Community Search

Notices

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 04-26-2007, 01:50 PM
PPCGeeks Regular
Pocket PC: Palm Pre
Carrier: Sprint
Threadstarter

nitty917 is a n00b
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
yea i tried that, i open up activesync on treo and select "connect with bluetooth" it keeps coming up with the error of no connection found, would you like to make one. But the treo connects fine with the laptop.
I had the treo show activesync once instead of serial port but now I cant do that anymore. I got the the port of my bluetooth to match the activesynce port. It tries to connect for a while, the bluetooth icon even turns gray like its connecting but activesync wont pick it up.
Old 04-26-2007, 08:35 PM
PPCGeeks Regular
Threadstarter

nitty917 is a n00b
this is really frustrating, so I tried it on a 6700, and it bluetooth synced no problem, I notice on the 6700 it says Activesync on the service to be used. My treo doesnt say that, it just says Serial port or Wireless Stereo.
Old 04-27-2007, 12:29 AM
PPCGeeks Regular
Pocket PC: Treo 800w & HTC Snap (wife's)

DavidIQ is a n00b
Send a message via AIM to DavidIQ
I use this cheapy bluetooth dongle at work and I'm able to sync fine. However, if memory serves me right, the dongle itself also has to have the activesync service as an available service for the device. That's how the phone figures out to show that as an option for the services.
Old 04-27-2007, 01:07 PM
PPCGeeks Regular
Pocket PC: HTC HD2 (HTC Leo)
Carrier: T-Mobile

TRUELIGHT knows their stuffTRUELIGHT knows their stuffTRUELIGHT knows their stuffTRUELIGHT knows their stuffTRUELIGHT knows their stuffTRUELIGHT knows their stuff
Send a message via AIM to TRUELIGHT Send a message via MSN to TRUELIGHT Send a message via Yahoo to TRUELIGHT
Quote:
Originally Posted by nitty917
this is really frustrating, so I tried it on a 6700, and it bluetooth synced no problem, I notice on the 6700 it says Activesync on the service to be used. My treo doesnt say that, it just says Serial port or Wireless Stereo.

Reinstall ActiveSync on your Computer, then on your Treo establish a new partnership with your Notebook, that should give you the option of ActiveSync on the service to be used. Try that, keep me informed

TL
Old 04-27-2007, 01:10 PM
PPCGeeks Regular
Threadstarter

nitty917 is a n00b
tried to reinstall everything. still doesnt refresh as activesync...just serial port. dont get it. worked for a minute and no more.
Old 04-27-2007, 01:31 PM
PPCGeeks Regular
Pocket PC: HTC HD2 (HTC Leo)
Carrier: T-Mobile

TRUELIGHT knows their stuffTRUELIGHT knows their stuffTRUELIGHT knows their stuffTRUELIGHT knows their stuffTRUELIGHT knows their stuffTRUELIGHT knows their stuff
Send a message via AIM to TRUELIGHT Send a message via MSN to TRUELIGHT Send a message via Yahoo to TRUELIGHT
Quote:
Originally Posted by nitty917
tried to reinstall everything. still doesnt refresh as activesync...just serial port. dont get it. worked for a minute and no more.
when i had gotten to that point, i found that i had done one of two things, Move or change one of the Serial Service port in my Bluetooth Cofiguration, I had to remove and reinstall my Bluetooth Wireless Module, that i found on my HP web site, to recover my default settings.

TL
Old 05-03-2007, 12:32 AM
Lurker
Pocket PC: TP2

mattATX is a n00b
Send a message via AIM to mattATX
Hit me up on aim matATX and i will help you out. When you try and connect to the laptop you should get some sort of small pop up that says that your treo is trying to connect to the laptop on a certain port. Just go into the active sync properties and set the same port that its trying to connect on and walla. hit me up if you have any questions.

Matt
Old 05-07-2007, 02:13 AM
PPCGeeks Regular
Threadstarter

nitty917 is a n00b
I still cant get it to work, just gave up basically. I just think its my phone thats having issues, everytime i try and setup a connection with the treo to bluetooth activesync all it says is serial port as a service. When I go back to activesync on phone and select connect with bt says no connection. I only got it to work one time...and now it wont ever give me a activesync options anymore just serial port, no matter how many times try, I may have to hard reset and start from a fresh phone. Maybe it will work.
Old 05-07-2007, 03:27 AM
PPCGeeks Regular
Pocket PC: Treo 700wx > Treo 800w > HTC Touch Pro 2 > HTC EVO

crazie.eddie is just getting started
Can you at least perform an Activsync via BT from your Treo?
Old 05-11-2007, 01:43 AM
Lurker

jadsru1 is a n00b
Any help here...?
I have a 700w and I tried connecting and sync activesync with it and it doesn't work. Has anyone had experience with the 700w or is there something that I am doing wrong. Thanks

PPCGeeks > Windows Mobile > General Windows Mobile Discussions > Legacy WM Devices > Palm Treo 700W/WX