PPCGeeks Forums HTC Arrive HTC HD2 HTC Thunderbolt HTC Touch Pro 2 HTC Evo 4G HTC Evo 3D Samsung Galaxy S II Motorola Droid X Apple iPhone Blackberry
Go Back   PPCGeeks > Windows Mobile > General Windows Mobile Discussions > Legacy WM Devices > Palm Treo 700W/WX

Notices

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 04-19-2007, 04:23 PM
Lurker

prene is a n00b
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
I have had it with these so called smartphones and terrible

battery life. My blackberry did a whole lot more and held a charge way way longer between direct connect, 3 email inbox filling up, and constant silly phone calls. My Treo doesnt even give me 40% from 7am to 5pm, because its just dead!

I have phone alarm, I have magic call to block those you know whats, and todays agenda. I have an exchange server for active sync running in the background and thats it thats all. Jeez..... anyone can help me before i throw this brick from the highway?
Old 04-19-2007, 05:20 PM
The Enforcer
Pocket PC: Samsung Epic 4G, ViewSonic gTablet, BB Bold 9650
Carrier: Sprint

Pibe38 is a VIPPibe38 is a VIPPibe38 is a VIPPibe38 is a VIPPibe38 is a VIPPibe38 is a VIPPibe38 is a VIPPibe38 is a VIPPibe38 is a VIPPibe38 is a VIPPibe38 is a VIP
Don't what to tell you... unless you are a heavy phone and data user I would look into getting a replacement battery since you may have a defective one.

I have been using the Seidio 2400 Mah extended battery for a while, but even when I was using the original battery it lasted more then 7-5.

---
Don't forget to Search first!
Old 04-19-2007, 05:28 PM
PPCGeeks Regular
Pocket PC: Treo 700wx > Treo 800w > HTC Touch Pro 2 > HTC EVO

crazie.eddie is just getting started
Do you get allot of mail?

Look into PocketMax Keylight. It turns your keyboard lights on/off. I assigned mine to the OK button, so I turn on the keyboard lights whenever I need them.
Old 04-20-2007, 03:57 PM
Lurker
Threadstarter

prene is a n00b
wow

took my phone into sprint, left it their csme back and they mentioned they swapped my battery which I kinda doubt but lets just say finally. took my phone of the charger at 6 and whatever time it is now I'm posting I have about 70 percent left.

I did grab the keypad light, and I did do something to the activesync scheduling but I can say yay. though I didn't try to kill the battery they said they replaced it with yet.
Old 04-22-2007, 01:25 AM
PPCGeeks Regular
Pocket PC: EVO 3D/Touch Pro 2/Touch Pro/Treo 700wx

jeffH70 is becoming a great contributor
Re: I have had it with these so called smartphones and terri

Quote:
Originally Posted by prene
battery life. My blackberry did a whole lot more and held a charge way way longer between direct connect, 3 email inbox filling up, and constant silly phone calls. My Treo doesnt even give me 40% from 7am to 5pm, because its just dead!
Did you adjust the screen brightness? Blackberry has terrible backlighting and that is why the battery last longer. Adjust your power and backlighting to lower setting and shorter duration to conserve the battery. In normal usage, backlighting brightness setting 2 should be enough in indoor environment and you can set the timeout value for the backlighting to 30 sec and unit powerdown to 1 minute or so to last it longer. The default setting is too high to my taste.

Jeff
Old 04-23-2007, 02:30 AM
Lurker
Threadstarter

prene is a n00b
ok the moment of truth

ok, I did a hard reset. installed phone alarm, today agenda, magic call, and keypad light.

Then for emails I swapped out for the mms and use flexmail to handle my imap accts. because pocket outlook doesn't support idle push.

charged the cell till 8am and say at about 8pm I still had 79 percent which included 3 10 min convo's and flexmail running in the background with a little IE reading and posting.
Old 04-23-2007, 10:35 PM
The Enforcer
Pocket PC: Samsung Epic 4G, ViewSonic gTablet, BB Bold 9650

Pibe38 is a VIPPibe38 is a VIPPibe38 is a VIPPibe38 is a VIPPibe38 is a VIPPibe38 is a VIPPibe38 is a VIPPibe38 is a VIPPibe38 is a VIPPibe38 is a VIPPibe38 is a VIP
Well that sounds much better... glad to hear that!
Old 04-24-2007, 04:21 PM
Lurker
Threadstarter

prene is a n00b
ahhhhhh, weather panel sucks battery!
Old 04-24-2007, 04:25 PM
Coz-erator
Pocket PC: Sprint Galaxy Note 2 & other misc digital devices

CozBoogie can't get a higher reputation levelCozBoogie can't get a higher reputation levelCozBoogie can't get a higher reputation levelCozBoogie can't get a higher reputation levelCozBoogie can't get a higher reputation levelCozBoogie can't get a higher reputation levelCozBoogie can't get a higher reputation levelCozBoogie can't get a higher reputation levelCozBoogie can't get a higher reputation levelCozBoogie can't get a higher reputation levelCozBoogie can't get a higher reputation level
Mentioned: 2 Post(s)
Send a message via MSN to CozBoogie Send a message via Yahoo to CozBoogie
Quote:
Originally Posted by prene
ahhhhhh, weather panel sucks battery!
How often do you have it set to update weather info? I think I have mine set at either 1 or 2 hours and that really helps with the battery usage.

late,
Coz
Old 04-24-2007, 04:27 PM
PPCGeeks Regular
Pocket PC: Treo 700wx > Treo 800w > HTC Touch Pro 2 > HTC EVO

crazie.eddie is just getting started
Weather Panel performs a forecast update automatically, which requires a data connection and will be a battery drain. I think it can be enabled as far as a scheduled time. I use Sbp Weather, which only performs a forecast update when it detects a data connection, which will disconnect after awhile.

PPCGeeks > Windows Mobile > General Windows Mobile Discussions > Legacy WM Devices > Palm Treo 700W/WX