PPCGeeks Forums HTC Arrive HTC HD2 HTC Thunderbolt HTC Touch Pro 2 HTC Evo 4G HTC Evo 3D Samsung Galaxy S II Motorola Droid X Apple iPhone Blackberry
Go Back   PPCGeeks > Windows Mobile > General Windows Mobile Discussions > Legacy WM Devices > Palm Treo 700W/WX
Register Community Search

Notices

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 04-25-2007, 09:20 AM
VIP Member
Pocket PC: Samsung Note 4
Carrier: Verizon

syrguy1969 should be added to the payroll for their contributionssyrguy1969 should be added to the payroll for their contributionssyrguy1969 should be added to the payroll for their contributionssyrguy1969 should be added to the payroll for their contributionssyrguy1969 should be added to the payroll for their contributionssyrguy1969 should be added to the payroll for their contributionssyrguy1969 should be added to the payroll for their contributionssyrguy1969 should be added to the payroll for their contributionssyrguy1969 should be added to the payroll for their contributionssyrguy1969 should be added to the payroll for their contributionssyrguy1969 should be added to the payroll for their contributions
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Bluetooth on wx

I know I am probably going to get redirected many times with this thread, but I have looked around, and I am kinda frustrated at this point. I got my wx last week, and BT works maybe one out of every 10 calls. I can't keep it connected, and as a strange little side effect (which if the BT works in the first place I can live with) is that if the phone is ringing, and BT is on, if I answer the call from the phone, it goes to the phone....even with BT on and in my ear. If I answer it with the BT, THEN the call goes to BT. Is there any fix, or alternative meathod for BT on the wx? I tried Hannip's, and it doesn't seem to change anything. I am using the same setup I had on my w with enormous success (Motorola H700, and HS850). I would love any advice on this, I know BT on wx has been a big issue, but I haven't seen much more than Hannip's.

Thanks
Old 04-25-2007, 09:34 AM
Lurker

gizmopilot is a n00b
I use bluetooth all of the time with my treo 700wx. I had issues similar to what you describe with the original BT. Once I upgraded to the Hannip version 95% of my BT issues have evaporated.

I use a Plantronics Voyager 510.
I previously used an HS-850 with other phones but I was getting to much echo/wind noise complaints.

Do you leave the HS-850 folded or un-folded when you answer the phone?

I would think if you left the 850 un-folded (ie On) and were wearing it you may have better success.
Old 04-25-2007, 10:40 AM
VIP Member
Threadstarter

syrguy1969 should be added to the payroll for their contributionssyrguy1969 should be added to the payroll for their contributionssyrguy1969 should be added to the payroll for their contributionssyrguy1969 should be added to the payroll for their contributionssyrguy1969 should be added to the payroll for their contributionssyrguy1969 should be added to the payroll for their contributionssyrguy1969 should be added to the payroll for their contributionssyrguy1969 should be added to the payroll for their contributionssyrguy1969 should be added to the payroll for their contributionssyrguy1969 should be added to the payroll for their contributionssyrguy1969 should be added to the payroll for their contributions
Actually, that is the strange thing, I always keep my BT open and on my ear, and with it on, it did not matter if I answered a call on my w, or hitting the BT, the call would go to the BT. On the wx though with the BT on and in my ear, if I answer a call by touching the phone screen, the call goes through the phone. Touching the BT will filter the call to the BT.
Old 04-25-2007, 12:06 PM
Lurker

bigric70 is a n00b
I recently installed Hannips fix and (with the JAWBONE, which may not make a bit of difference) have had no recent problems... I went from dropping calls and complete disconnections, to successfully feeling like I have a phone that actually has a normal bluetooth connection (like all of my friends with $20 phones)... Anyhow, I have never used the bluetooth button to answer the phone, I always use the wx's button (either soft or green) because I like to use the caller id and see who's calling me... You're right about bluetooth being a huge issue for the wx... it's all over the place here and at treocentral... Hannips got it under control, though...

Good luck...

BIGRIC
Old 04-25-2007, 12:22 PM
VIP Member
Threadstarter

I tried Hannip's fix, and I really do not see any difference, in fact I have to go into BT settings and set the device to the hands-free choice everytime I use the BT instead of it automatically connecting when I turn the BT on. Am I doing something wrong? It all seemed to work so well on my 700w.
Old 04-25-2007, 12:28 PM
PPCGeeks Regular

wouldya is a n00b
Just to add to the BT issues....

My problem, I'd say 30% of the time, is an intolerable humming/buzzing over the BT connection. This happens both with my Samsung WEP-200 earpiece and my car ('07 Audi A4).

It seems that when I connect in a hurry, or on the fly during a phone call that this issue manifests.... But when I have the BT connected prior to the call, then the sound is as good as the wx can transmit.

Going back to the previous issue....

I've noticed that the wx will drop/timeout the BT connection if left inactive for a while, sometimes as soon as 10 minutes, without warning or a notification tone. In this case, I've had to either just tap the button on the earpiece and it reconnects, usually. Once in a while I would have to power cycle the earpiece.
Old 04-25-2007, 12:29 PM
The Enforcer
Pocket PC: Samsung Epic 4G, ViewSonic gTablet, BB Bold 9650
Carrier: Sprint

Pibe38 is a VIPPibe38 is a VIPPibe38 is a VIPPibe38 is a VIPPibe38 is a VIPPibe38 is a VIPPibe38 is a VIPPibe38 is a VIPPibe38 is a VIPPibe38 is a VIPPibe38 is a VIP
First things first. you have a VZW WX, right? If you do, you DO NOT need hannip's patch. As a matter of fact, I'd uninstall it.

Why? Because the A2DP files were extracted from the VZW WX so you are not really doing anything to your device.

After all the issues you have had, even though you have found solutions, I'd contact customer service, maybe get a replacement.

My BT is not 100% reliable, but with it on and answering from the phone, my calls still go to the headset.

---
Don't forget to Search first!
Old 04-25-2007, 12:34 PM
PPCGeeks Regular

wouldya is a n00b
I keep forgetting that VZW has a WX now.

I have sprint. I've been using w/wx as a VZW/Sprint identifier. I'll be more clear in future posts. Thanks for reminding me, Pibe.

I also have Hannip's A2DP on my Sprint WX.
Old 04-25-2007, 12:37 PM
The Enforcer
Pocket PC: Samsung Epic 4G, ViewSonic gTablet, BB Bold 9650
Carrier: Sprint

Pibe38 is a VIPPibe38 is a VIPPibe38 is a VIPPibe38 is a VIPPibe38 is a VIPPibe38 is a VIPPibe38 is a VIPPibe38 is a VIPPibe38 is a VIPPibe38 is a VIPPibe38 is a VIP
I'm almost positive syrguy has VZW so that's why I mentioned it... but I know what you mean.
Old 04-25-2007, 01:12 PM
VIP Member
Threadstarter

Yes, I do have VZW, I figured it wouldn't hurt to try his fix, I will uninstall it though if you think it wise. I am swinging by Verizon tonight, I really hope I don't havce to go back to a wired headset, but if that is what I have to do to keep a Treo......

PPCGeeks > Windows Mobile > General Windows Mobile Discussions > Legacy WM Devices > Palm Treo 700W/WX