PPCGeeks Forums HTC Arrive HTC HD2 HTC Thunderbolt HTC Touch Pro 2 HTC Evo 4G HTC Evo 3D Samsung Galaxy S II Motorola Droid X Apple iPhone Blackberry
Go Back   PPCGeeks > Windows Mobile > General Windows Mobile Discussions > Legacy WM Devices > Palm Treo 700W/WX
Register Community Search

Notices

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 04-17-2007, 10:08 AM
test123

Mentioned: Post(s)
Tagged: Thread(s)
Phone keeps rining and vibrating on its own. WTF?

Ok so today morning my phone rins(I set the alarm for 6am, 6:10am and 6:15am). Ok so I turned off the alarm, damn phone kept ringing!

So I move the button to vibrate. The phone kept vibrating every few minutes on its own! I have no missed calls, vmails or texts.

It still keeps doing it right now! I reset it by removing the battery, pressing the button behind battery cover and still does it!

This is my second Treo, first one swapped out after 29 days(when making a call could not hear, nor could other person hear me).

Now this one is doing this! Will the Sprint store just swap it for me?

Anyone know what this could be?

Thanks!
Old 04-17-2007, 10:39 AM
PPCGeeks Regular
Pocket PC: AT&T Fuze
Carrier: AT&T

kbcherry is a n00b
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
I had a similar issue due to the alarm. It sounds like maybe you have a duplicate or dangling notification that has been disassociated from the event. The first time I had this happen I actually had to do a hard reset to fix it. But then I bought Memmaid and it has an option to clean these up. The second time the phone acted up it did the trick.
Old 04-17-2007, 11:04 AM
PPCGeeks Regular
Pocket PC: Treo 700wx > Treo 800w > HTC Touch Pro 2 > HTC EVO
Carrier: Sprint

crazie.eddie is just getting started
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
How about using Sbp Time? It has a nice alarm, snooze function, and a tweak that allows you to bypass the sound settings. So if you lower the volume, via the slider button (not top the switch on top), the alarm can still ring at the loudest level. You can also set the alarm to escalate the volume level. I use it all the time.
Old 04-18-2007, 01:56 PM
test123

Mentioned: Post(s)
Tagged: Thread(s)
Thanks for the help guys. It stopped doing it, BUT if I do a soft reset it starts again .

I have a stupid Q, if I use active sync to sync with my PC. Then do a hard reset, reconnect, will active sync automatically transfer the files and contacts back?

I know I will loose text messages and so forth.
Old 04-18-2007, 02:00 PM
Coz-erator
Pocket PC: Sprint Galaxy Note 2 & other misc digital devices
Carrier: Sprint

CozBoogie can't get a higher reputation levelCozBoogie can't get a higher reputation levelCozBoogie can't get a higher reputation levelCozBoogie can't get a higher reputation levelCozBoogie can't get a higher reputation levelCozBoogie can't get a higher reputation levelCozBoogie can't get a higher reputation levelCozBoogie can't get a higher reputation levelCozBoogie can't get a higher reputation levelCozBoogie can't get a higher reputation levelCozBoogie can't get a higher reputation level
Mentioned: 2 Post(s)
Send a message via MSN to CozBoogie Send a message via Yahoo to CozBoogie
Quote:
Originally Posted by test123
Thanks for the help guys. It stopped doing it, BUT if I do a soft reset it starts again .

I have a stupid Q, if I use active sync to sync with my PC. Then do a hard reset, reconnect, will active sync automatically transfer the files and contacts back?

I know I will loose text messages and so forth.
Use something like Sprite or SPB Backup to backup your device to your pc. Then you can perform a hard reset. After that it's a simple matter of restoring from your pc to your device. I backup about once very 2 weeks or before I install somthing new (you just never know when something is going to go wrong).

late,
Coz

PPCGeeks > Windows Mobile > General Windows Mobile Discussions > Legacy WM Devices > Palm Treo 700W/WX