PPCGeeks Forums HTC Arrive HTC HD2 HTC Thunderbolt HTC Touch Pro 2 HTC Evo 4G HTC Evo 3D Samsung Galaxy S II Motorola Droid X Apple iPhone Blackberry
Go Back   PPCGeeks > Windows Mobile > General Windows Mobile Discussions > Legacy WM Devices > Palm Treo 700W/WX
Register Community Search

Notices

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 01-24-2007, 11:31 AM
Lurker

thebutlerdidit is a n00b
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Memory Card Dialog Box Keeps Popping Up

I haven't found anything about this on the site.

My new 700wx works fine EXCEPT a dialog box keeps popping up on the screen, indicating that I've installed a new memory card and do I want to download files from it onto the device.

Whenever this happens, the device also automatically opens the Windows Media Player.

How do I get this to stop? Can't find anything in the handbook about this either.

My apologies if this problem has been dealt with here before.
Old 01-25-2007, 05:36 PM
Lurker

darrennez is a n00b
i am having the same problem.
Old 01-25-2007, 05:49 PM
Lurker
Threadstarter

thebutlerdidit is a n00b
Actually, aside from this problem, and not getting mp3 audio on my Bluetooth headset, this is a pretty decent device!
Old 01-25-2007, 06:43 PM
Retired Staff
Pocket PC: iPhone4
Carrier: AT&T

Certs is halfway to VIP status based on repCerts is halfway to VIP status based on repCerts is halfway to VIP status based on repCerts is halfway to VIP status based on repCerts is halfway to VIP status based on repCerts is halfway to VIP status based on repCerts is halfway to VIP status based on repCerts is halfway to VIP status based on repCerts is halfway to VIP status based on repCerts is halfway to VIP status based on repCerts is halfway to VIP status based on rep
Mentioned: 1 Post(s)
Something is trying to access the card while asleep (which is a BIG no-no in Windows Mobile land BTW)

Usually it is attachments saved to storage card. Either unselect this, or set up outlook to NOT download attachments, and do it manually while the device is awake (if you choose option 2, make sure it STAYS awake until the attachment is downloaded)

If not this, then another program is doing it. Personally, every program I use except games are on the device. Just to be safe. Plus I only keep apps I use, so memory isn't an issue either. And when I am done with a game I make sure I EXIT from the games menus, ensuring that the game is closed.
Old 01-25-2007, 08:18 PM
VIP Member
Pocket PC: HTC TP2, HTC HD2
Carrier: Etisalat

cmajewsk is a VIPcmajewsk is a VIPcmajewsk is a VIPcmajewsk is a VIPcmajewsk is a VIPcmajewsk is a VIPcmajewsk is a VIPcmajewsk is a VIPcmajewsk is a VIPcmajewsk is a VIPcmajewsk is a VIP
hmmm..

Try deleting the DCIM Folder on the storage card and see if that stops the popup.
Old 01-25-2007, 11:11 PM
Lurker

darrennez is a n00b
thanks.

i'll give that a shot.
Old 01-26-2007, 09:15 PM
Regular 'Geeker
Pocket PC: HTC Touch Pro 3 & Evo 5G
Carrier: Sprint

mikewest is keeping up the good workmikewest is keeping up the good workmikewest is keeping up the good work
actually....I had that problem, I think I found the solution here....

take a pic, any pic, does not matter, and place it in the root of the SD card.....

problem GONE!
Old 01-27-2007, 11:14 AM
Lurker
Threadstarter

thebutlerdidit is a n00b
Quote:
Originally Posted by mikewest

take a pic, any pic, does not matter, and place it in the root of the SD card.....

problem GONE!
I just did that! We'll see if it works. Thanks for the tip!!
Old 01-27-2007, 05:44 PM
Lurker

darrennez is a n00b
Quote:

problem GONE!
i already tried that and it still kept happening. it was stated previously and i also noticed that WinMedia player is the program that keeps popping up. i noticed whenever i use windows media player, i have to stop the program and not let it run in the background. i believe there's a setting in Windows Media that keeps searching for files on the card when it's running. when ever i close media player it stops completely. whenever i play a song or video and turn my phone off, as soon as i turn it back on the dialog box appears again even tho i have pics on my SD.
Old 04-13-2007, 01:22 PM
PPCGeeks Regular

bmatic586 is a n00b
Quote:
Originally Posted by darrennez
Quote:

problem GONE!
i already tried that and it still kept happening. it was stated previously and i also noticed that WinMedia player is the program that keeps popping up. i noticed whenever i use windows media player, i have to stop the program and not let it run in the background. i believe there's a setting in Windows Media that keeps searching for files on the card when it's running. when ever i close media player it stops completely. whenever i play a song or video and turn my phone off, as soon as i turn it back on the dialog box appears again even tho i have pics on my SD.
this is exactly the same thing that's happening to me, windows media player comes up and the card thing too, exactly the same thing.

PPCGeeks > Windows Mobile > General Windows Mobile Discussions > Legacy WM Devices > Palm Treo 700W/WX