PPCGeeks Forums HTC Arrive HTC HD2 HTC Thunderbolt HTC Touch Pro 2 HTC Evo 4G HTC Evo 3D Samsung Galaxy S II Motorola Droid X Apple iPhone Blackberry
Go Back   PPCGeeks > Windows Mobile > General Windows Mobile Discussions > Legacy WM Devices > Palm Treo 700W/WX

Notices

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 10-06-2008, 09:41 PM
PPCGeeks Regular
Pocket PC: Samsung Omnia i910
Carrier: Verizon

bentleysmom is just getting started
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Send a message via AIM to bentleysmom
Newbie Question - Palm upgrade and current software

Bear with me, I realize this is a real newbie question, but this is what I rely on you guys for And I did a search but wasn't able to find anything relvant.

I was looking to install the Verizon Palm update to WM6, but I'm worried about all my current apps.

I'm pretty sure Active Sync will take care of all my PIM info. But what about the apps? I don't think I saved the .cab files (which in hindsight maybe I should have) and for the ones I purchased, I'm not sure if I still have the registry keys.

But I guess the more important part of this question is, will most apps that ran on WM5 run on WM6?

Any info is appreciated! Thanks in advance.
Old 10-06-2008, 09:46 PM
The Hibster
Pocket PC: 3DDD :p
Carrier: Sprint 4g

hibby50 is a trusted member of the communityhibby50 is a trusted member of the communityhibby50 is a trusted member of the communityhibby50 is a trusted member of the communityhibby50 is a trusted member of the communityhibby50 is a trusted member of the communityhibby50 is a trusted member of the communityhibby50 is a trusted member of the communityhibby50 is a trusted member of the communityhibby50 is a trusted member of the communityhibby50 is a trusted member of the community
Send a message via AIM to hibby50 Send a message via MSN to hibby50
Re: Newbie Question - Palm upgrade and current software

yes most apps will run on wm6

here is the DL http://www.wmexperts.com/articles/wm...d_onto_tr.html

EVERYTHING will be erased use sprite pim backup or spb backup and start keeping and archive of cabs i have 2 gbs of em on my desktop

This post has been thanked 1 times.
Old 10-06-2008, 09:55 PM
The Hibster
Pocket PC: 3DDD :p
Carrier: Sprint 4g

hibby50 is a trusted member of the communityhibby50 is a trusted member of the communityhibby50 is a trusted member of the communityhibby50 is a trusted member of the communityhibby50 is a trusted member of the communityhibby50 is a trusted member of the communityhibby50 is a trusted member of the communityhibby50 is a trusted member of the communityhibby50 is a trusted member of the communityhibby50 is a trusted member of the communityhibby50 is a trusted member of the community
Send a message via AIM to hibby50 Send a message via MSN to hibby50

anyday
Old 10-06-2008, 11:01 PM
VIP Member
Pocket PC: Galaxy Note II
Carrier: Verizon

Geekcop is halfway to VIP status based on repGeekcop is halfway to VIP status based on repGeekcop is halfway to VIP status based on repGeekcop is halfway to VIP status based on repGeekcop is halfway to VIP status based on repGeekcop is halfway to VIP status based on repGeekcop is halfway to VIP status based on repGeekcop is halfway to VIP status based on repGeekcop is halfway to VIP status based on repGeekcop is halfway to VIP status based on rep
Send a message via MSN to Geekcop

To follow up on hibby's post..it's probably a good idea to do a back up of your device on a regular basis. You never know when disaster may strike. I have a three part b/u: I have SPB Backup set to b/u every Monday @ 7AM; I run Dashwire weekly, as well as a b/u via WMDC.

This post has been thanked 1 times.

PPCGeeks > Windows Mobile > General Windows Mobile Discussions > Legacy WM Devices > Palm Treo 700W/WX